Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Does anybody remember what .22 LR was the week BEFORE sandy hook?
Sigmar
Levergunner 2.0

Re: new topic

Post by Sigmar »

available
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:shock: :lol: :lol:
You got that right!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I bought 2100 rnds with ammo can from Cabelas for 70 bucks.
On a lightr note wasn't it 22lr :lol:
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:?:
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

U asked what 22lr was the week before Sandy Hook, wasn't it 22lr. U didn't ask how much it was.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Oh.......... :oops: :oops:
A little dense tonight.
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BobM »

The Federal bulk packs of 550 rds were $19.97 at Wal-mart in SW Ohio.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I think that people like me, who have a lot and did not buy .22lr for a while need a baseline for a return to normal perspective.
Thank you.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

BobM wrote:The Federal bulk packs of 550 rds were $19.97 at Wal-mart in SW Ohio.
Same, same here in NW Arkansas Wal-Marts.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

In the morning I am going to open an ammo can and get a couple of boxes out and look at it so I will know what it looks like when I see it. We really don't need any but I always go buy and look at the empty shelves at Walmart.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:evil: I'm going to learn slingshot :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Really,
me to!
Thought it would be prudent.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

In the past year(before Sandy hook) I bought a real blowgun, a real slingshot, and several throwing knives just because! I thought it might be nice to know how to use some of this stuff that does not require components to keep shooting. I recently bought a Parker crossbow off of CL, and am in love!!!! Same reason.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

before I got into shooting I almost went for archery instead. I used to shoot bow and arrow as a kid, but could never have even a bb gun. I'm glad I got into firearms but it may be time to take up archery.

I also have a Benjamin Sheridan and it's a nice break to take it into the forest.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

.223? :wink:
Click Click Boom
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

El Chivo wrote:before I got into shooting I almost went for archery instead.
Yes, but a quality arrow is not cheap, and eventually will break or get lost.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

In another thread I can't seem to find right now it was mentioned .22 Rimfire (not LR) could be fired out of .22 Mag I'm not familiar with RF and why it's even around - looking to re-verify this is the case. I've seen some .22 RF around when neither LR or WMR has been.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Could not tell ya what the December 13, '2012 .22LR price was.

Last .22 LR ammunition I bought was in the Summer of '08. At that time, the local WalMart sold Federal 550 round "milk containers" for just about $9.50 a box. And some here said that was too high. Reading the handwriting on the wall and remembering the Clinton era "Great Primer Run", between June and September I bought one or two boxes every week.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I got my old Browning 70# compound bow back out of storage! Need to get some new arrows and my old ones re-fleched! Hope someone doesn't get all spooked over my broadheads!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

gak wrote:In another thread I can't seem to find right now it was mentioned .22 Rimfire (not LR) could be fired out of .22 Mag I'm not familiar with RF and why it's even around - looking to re-verify this is the case. I've seen some .22 RF around when neither LR or WMR has been.
You seem to be a little confused, or maybe doing a typo.

All .22 Short, Long, Long Rifle, & Magnum's are rimfires, abbreviated "RF".

Once upon a time, long before the .22 Magnum (.22WRM/.22 Winchester Rimfire Magnum) was introduced in 1959, there were other .22 RF's with cases longer than the LR (.22 Long Rifle) - the .22 Extra Long, and the .22 WRF (.22 Winchester Rimfire, aka: the .22 Special).

The .22 WRF, like the later .22WRM, has a case both fatter & longer than the .22LR - and if the LR is fired in either of their chambers, the smaller LR case will split open with who knows what harm/damage.

The .22WRF & .22WRM's cases are fatter because their bullets seat inside the case necks, like centerfire (CF) boolits; and not ahead of the case neck/mouth, like the S/L/LR family, which uses a heeled boolit that has a smaller diameter that fits the case mouth.

The .22WRF can be safely fired in a .22WRM chamber, though - because the cases are the same diameter.
The WRF's case is only a little shorter then the WRM's - and it's like firing a .38 Special in a .357 Mag chamber, or a .22 Short in a .22 LR chamber.

As to why the WRF's still around - Some folks (me, for one) use the .22WRF in their .22WRM rifles as an unjacketed lead boolit sub-load, although a sight adjustment is usually required; and there's still a passel of older rifles out there chambered for the round, that owners would like to shoot occassionally.

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

And you see new production runs ..22 WRF from time to time when production planners can schedule a run of it between other things.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

We talkin pricewise?

As stated Walmart was in the neighborhood of $20 for Federal 550 bulk. I bought 2100 rounds (four 525 Fed. Classic bulk packs) w/ammo can for $90-$95 and three 375 MiniMag packs for $24/each IIRC just after Christmas. Those were from Cabelas and I don't think they had a a price increase.