Remember When...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Remember When...

Post by cshold »

Removed
Last edited by cshold on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Remember When...

Post by piller »

Hard to find all of that at the same place anymore. Too bad. That sure made for some fun times growing up.

By the way, I must be defective, since I shot cap guns as a kid, knew the difference between them and real guns, and never shot at another human. (Military training is totally discounted for the purpose of this sarcasm)
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I remember taking whole rolls of roll caps and smashing them with a brick or a large river rock, like one giant cap.

Without safety glasses or hearing protection.

I thought it was cool the way it made my ears ring.

Ah, the innocence of youth...

:oops:

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

rollcaps!...and my roy rogers gun and holster...
I have a pic somewhere!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

Man!......I remember that stuff,we use to get really brave a take a whole roll of caps and hit them with a hammer on the side walk,sounded like a 30-06 going off.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Removed
Last edited by cshold on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

My kid has a cap gun - I can't wait for DHHS to show up
at my door!

-Stretch
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

As little kids we used to put a whole roll of caps on the rail road tracks and pretend to ambush the locomotive, sometimes the driver and fireman would play along and pretend to shoot back. I guess a SWAT team would be called out now.. :roll:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

stretch wrote:My kid has a cap gun - I can't wait for DHHS to show up
at my door!

-Stretch
And / or state Social Services
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

casastahle wrote:Yes, unfortunately in today's world we'd be locked up in a detention center or in councilling sessions :|
Well then I won't even mention the times we pored gasoline on a roll of caps a lit it.
We all did have a rude awaking tho,a kid was at the local playground back in the early 60's and was hitting 22 shells with a hammer and shot himself in the arm.
I was home sick that day thank God.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

My brother and I went to a Haunted House back when we were kids. He had a guy that jumped out to scare him. He pulled out his cap gun and "POPPED A CAP" on the guy. The man nearly had a heart attack. They had to stop the haunted house for a few minutes to give everyone a breather. :lol:

Hopefully no kid will do that today, they might be arrested as a terrorist.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
InTheWoods
Levergunner 2.0

Post by InTheWoods »

Do you remember those cap guns that had a 'cartridge' that pulled in half and a round cap went into the bottom of the brass. You then put the two halves together and loaded them in the cylinder just like the 'real thing.' The top half was hollow (big cavity) with a little hole in the bottom big enough for the cap sound and smoke to come through.

WELL, my buddy and I (10 and 8 at the time) cut the revovler barrel shorter to get rid of that pesty bar across the inside and then we went about figuring out how to make those cartridges shoot. We scraped black powder out of zillions of tape cap strip bubbles and then loaded the powder into the cavity in the front section of the cartridge. A BB was a perfect fit to seal the top of this loaded cavity. This made a perfect, functioning cartridge that worked just like the real thing. The BANG was loud and the BB went out fairly fast (maybe a hundred fps with no proper sized barrel to contain pressure?). It was inaccurate as hell with the oversized barrel, but was quite effective at repealing Evie, the mean 'baby sitter' that was persuing us up the stairs of our old house. Those were the days!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

These communist fools are turning our young ladies into dykes, and our little men into metrosexual pansies.....I worry about the future of this country since all too many kids have forgotten their place and stations in life.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

“I worry about the future of this country since all too many kids have forgotten their place and stations in life.”

--Blaine

Not just children. I will also include parents and others who have an influence on children, and for that matter society….
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

FWiedner wrote:I remember taking whole rolls of roll caps and smashing them with a brick or a large river rock, like one giant cap.

I remember doing thay in elementary school. Hate to see what would happen now. :(
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Y'all remember that smell ? Childhood was much easier back then....

rick
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Ahhh yes, I can smell them now. Good times.
NRA Life Member
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jh45gun »

FWiedner wrote:I remember taking whole rolls of roll caps and smashing them with a brick or a large river rock, like one giant cap.

Gee I thought I just did that :lol: :lol: :lol:
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Bobthemotorcycle wrote:I got a set for every birthday and Christmas.

A few years back when my boy was young I went into Target to get him a set of cap guns. After serching for 10 minutes and not finding any I asked a store employee where the toy gus were. They replyed that Target has a policy to not sell toy guns. I spit on the floor and said screw this, I am going to Wal-Mart, then I mumbled something about them being pinko commie bastards.

Wal-Mart still has them, for how much longer I do not know but the have them.
YEP, my sister is a big YUPPIE that doesnt shop at Walmart. She will shop at Target and claims its carries higher quality items.

Its a bunch of bunk, Target is French owned and down right UNAMERICAN! I will keep going to Wally World where I can get GUNS, POP GUNS, AMMO (when they got it) and STINK BAIT!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”