Handloader Magazine has Some Interesting Articles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Handloader Magazine has Some Interesting Articles

Post by Hobie »

Just now came in the mail. Brian Pearce on the .32 WCF (.32-20) an extensive article. An extensive article by Mike Venturino on the first 30 years of reloadable revolver cartridges (of interest to many here). Also an article and .410 bore leverguns! Lately had lots of interest here on that one.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hobie, thanks for that info. I pick up my copies of Rifle and Handloader at Borders. (I know, I should subscribe to 'em) I'm gonna roll over there at 2:30 after work. The only thing that bothers me about going to Borders is wading through the crowd of liberals, all sitting down in their indoor cafe, drinking coffee and discussing Obama. It just sickens me. -------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

You need to subscribe online. I subscribed to the PDF version and download Rifle, Handloader and Successful Hunter & burn 'em to a disk. All 3 subscriptions cost me $14 or $15 a year (total) and I don't have stacks of magazines laying around anymore. Not to mention I get them 2-3 weeks ahead of the newsstands.

I've read those articles - all good reading.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

cnjarvis wrote:You need to subscribe online. I subscribed to the PDF version and download Rifle, Handloader and Successful Hunter & burn 'em to a disk. All 3 subscriptions cost me $14 or $15 a year (total) and I don't have stacks of magazines laying around anymore. Not to mention I get them 2-3 weeks ahead of the newsstands.

I've read those articles - all good reading.
Man! Am I behind on the times! Thanks for the info and that is just what I plan on doing. A couple of years ago I threw out a huge pile of magazines that I never did bother to reread. I guess I'm one of those guys who balks at the changing times. :D -------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I guess I am going to have to get on board with sixgun, those magazines do get to be a pain.
Senior Levergunner

Border's; hand-loading magazines; political comment

Post by 2571 »

I went to computer subscription. I got tired of overhearing Republican conservatives still pining for Regan / whining about FDR, in the coffee shop at the local Border's.

But, when you want to find an old article, you don't have the magazine in which you saw it. I guess you have to balance storage vs retention.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Only complaint I have with the Wolfe magazines is they don't come often enough!!

If I see my wife with mail - she instinctively says "no, you didn't get one of your magazines"

I'm not sure about the "soft" versions - you can't take a PDF to the can or the couch!! :lol:

Chad
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

chadbr wrote: . . . I'm not sure about the "soft" versions - you can't take a PDF to the can or the couch!!

Sure you can. Just print out the .pdf file.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Noah Zark wrote:
chadbr wrote: . . . I'm not sure about the "soft" versions - you can't take a PDF to the can or the couch!!

Noah
Exactly what I do. I can also print articles that pertain to cartridges I'm loading and put them in my binders.

I'm trying to get my fiancee to take some my magazines to work with her and scan them to a pdf on her color scanner so I can get rid of the old piles without losing info.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I tried the on line subscription. The format wasn't right. I had to keep scrolling up and down to read an article. My eyes didn't like reading from a screen. Plus paper is still portable. Plus I reference articles .

I liked the article on the 32-20 . Because Brian gave pressures with his loads. I say this because their isn't alot of info for 32 h& R mag with higher pressure loads. Because H&R revolvers weren't as strong as Rugers, so pressure limits were dictateded by H&R. So it gave me an understanding of pressures with certain powders. Good info.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Noah Zark wrote:

Noah
Noah I think you've stumbled onto something here. "Print, Read, Wipe"!! Should cut toilet paper cost in half.
ED
Yer never too old
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

LOL.. Good one ED!
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Well heck, that download of the 3 magazines is great, I subscribed and am DL'ing them now.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote:Hobie, thanks for that info. I pick up my copies of Rifle and Handloader at Borders. (I know, I should subscribe to 'em)
I buy a gun magazine of SOME sort every time I'm in a store that sells magazines, whether a bookstore, grocery store, or whatever - I figure I want them to keep stocking them, and it is only a few extra dollars per year I lose in efficiency. Plus, I can leave the copies I'm finished with (I scan or copy articles I really like) in waiting rooms around town so others get 'enlightened'.

I know what you mean about the places like Borders or Starbucks though - I'm about as comfortable there as some whiny-butt type would be in deer camp.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Sixgun wrote:Hobie, thanks for that info. I pick up my copies of Rifle and Handloader at Borders. (I know, I should subscribe to 'em) I'm gonna roll over there at 2:30 after work. The only thing that bothers me about going to Borders is wading through the crowd of liberals, all sitting down in their indoor cafe, drinking coffee and discussing Obama. It just sickens me. -------Sixgun
I know the feeling. I too hate that but it is like hunting in hot weather. You have to deal with the ticks, mosquitos and other blood suckers.