My 45 acp family photo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

My 45 acp family photo

Post by rjohns94 »

thought I would share my family photo on the .45acp side of the family. I have gone to this as my primary cartridge and this trio are currently serving my needs in the bedside, woods walking, ccw categories.

upper left is my Nighthawk GRP (Global Response Pistol), night sights, rail, light, special coating, action job, trigger, checkering. rides in a Blackhawk paddle holster

Upper right is my Guncrafter Industries NO Name Commander. Night sights and pure shooting machine.
Rides in a Galco holser.

bottom Center is a S&W 325NG with special graphics, night sights. Rides in a Simply Rugged holster when in the woods or in my truck.

the GRP by itself:

The Guncrafter Industries No Name Commander:

And the graphic enhanced S&W Night Guard: Check out the skull and the snake skin pattern. The scales actually have texture!!

Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: My 45 acp family photo

Post by Griff »

rjohns94 wrote:Image
I can see where Colt got their inspiration for thhe Marine CQB pistol!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Neat Stuff!

That S&W is wicked!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

The 45 ACP round was the first handgun round I loaded in 1961. Prior to that it had been all rifle. A good Remington-Rand 1911A1 was the only centerfire handgun I owned for a few years, because I was in college and it was the only one I could afford. Because it was my one and only handgun, I made it do all sorts of things that were not within it's "design parameters".

The net result is that today the 45 ACP along with the 38 Special hold first place in my affections. I still load and shoot ten rounds of each of these for every round of other calibers I fire.

All of this is to say, I like your family portrait and your choices of which handguns to include and place first in line.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A blue/walnut version of this would be the berries....I'm going to get dinged, but, I like the Glock mo betta than 1911s :oops: :oops:

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

The smith is scandium framed. Very light on the hip
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Very nice Mike 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

BlaineG wrote:A blue/walnut version of this would be the berries....I'm going to get dinged, but, I like the Glock mo betta than 1911s :oops: :oops:

naaaah -- no dings from me . I love to shoot 1911's, but more often than not , I carry a Glock (8 rds of 45 vs 16 rds of 10mm) -- plus ---in a true SD situation, if I survived, I would likely lose the gun an indeterminate amount of time to the local constabularies anyway, so I wouldn't cry much over a $500 plastic fantastic

--- But the good stuff Nighthawk makes (they also make a 10 mil ) , keeps me awake at night wondering what I can sell next to afford one
----- Doug
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Those two 1911s are TOP SHELF! Very very nice.

I've been smitten by the Guncrafter .50 GI for some time now...maybe some day...
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BlaineG wrote:A blue/walnut version of this would be the berries....I'm going to get dinged, but, I like the Glock mo betta than 1911s :oops: :oops:
+1 ...on the GLOCK...in the end if I want an auto it's a Glock... :)

rjohns94--by the way nice family...I think you need to add a couple of more members to your clan...you know, just in case...:)
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I hadn't looked closely at the wheelgun. That's wicked!
What type of finish is that... might have to do my "parts" 1911 so it matches my truck; black/red w/ skull & crossed bones on the slide!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

They are all very nice, but I love that Smith! :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

The finish on the smith is from Hillbilly 223 Urban Finishes, dura cote. He is in Arkansas. Does awesome work.
Mike Johnson,

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

1911s- 8+1 shots but your point is taken. I just don't plan to miss and I carry reloads :wink: :lol: :) :lol:
Mike Johnson,

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

rjohns94 wrote:1911s- 8+1 shots but your point is taken. I just don't plan to miss and I carry reloads :wink: :lol: :) :lol:
Honestly, it's not the mag cap (my .380 only holds 6+1).....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Ahh
Mike Johnson,

Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Intellectual honesty demands that I do admit that I carry either a Glock 17 or 19 on a daily basis down here on the border. The cartels get frisky down this way, and I want something light enough so it won't be left at home, but in a caliber and with enough rounds to put up a good fight.

The gun you have with you is far more important that your pet 1911 at home.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

True. My pet 1911 does not stay at home. I certainly understand the glock following. Reliable, high cap, doesn't break the bank. Hope the glock never needs to be used down there. Blessings.
Mike Johnson,

RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

I like my GLOCKS (23-40S&W) and carry one on and off duty daily. That being said the GLOCK 45's don't fit my hand so when it comes to something in 45ACP I fall back on the 1911. Fits my hand like a glove.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Beautiful pieces and a great caliber!

My daily carry is a factory original Colt ("1911") Mk IV Series 70 that I have owned and at times carried on duty for 40 years. It has a peep rear sight that replaced an earlier Bomar rear sight - the peep works best for me; Wolff 18.5 lb. recoil spring, slightly worked trigger, Crimson Trace grip mounted laser, and has been factory re-blued. It holds the authoritative 230 gr. Federal HST HP ammo for emergencies.

The Ruger Blackhawk 4.62" .45 ACP / Colt convertible has American Holly BearPaw Grips and has its cylinders reamed uniformly to .4525" by Cylindersmith (Cylindersmith.com) and is otherwise just as it came out of the box. Right now, I'm favoring the RCBS 45-270-SAA load for fun and target, but I'm still playing with the .45 Colt loads. And of course, it handles all of the .45 ACP loads, which are much cheaper to shoot, even in reloads. In a pinch (if something happened to the 1911), it is good to know that this fun gun can fire any .45 ACP rounds reliably.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Nice. I like your choices. My first semi auto handgun was a series 70 and owned it for many years. I think I traded it on some other handgun in the 9mm class and have regretted it ever since
Mike Johnson,

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very nice! I'll need to get around to doing that as well. One of them the one I bought from you! :D
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Ysabel Kid wrote:One of them the one I bought from you! :D
We should start a thread....Guns I bought from Mike....would be a number of pages long, I think!
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Lol. That would be funny. I'm guessing you and a few others have a long list.
Mike Johnson,

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

rjohns94 wrote:Lol. That would be funny. I'm guessing you and a few others have a long list.
I'm sure I could fill a page by myself!

While we are on the subject of 45's, here's one from you...

"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

That sure is purity!,
Mike Johnson,

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Yeah, but that Smith of yours is sick! Wow! Nice family...pure quality, function and looks!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

U need the Busse knife to match the grips.
Mike Johnson,

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

rjohns94 wrote:U need the Busse knife to match the grips.
Yeah...I know...been drooling over it...but can't use all the knives you've already given me!! Hard to justify the cost...