Good for Nothing a Kiwi Western

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Good for Nothing a Kiwi Western

Post by KiwiKev »

Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Good for Nothing a Kiwi Western

Post by Griff »

Viewer rated at 5.5/10 at IMDB:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

I know, westerns can be subjective. That's why they used the term "spaghetti". Did you see on your link that one reviewer said "Surprisingly Good".

What is important is whether you enjoy or not. So 55% enjoyed it. I enjoyed the documentary about the guy who was the arms officer for the film and showed all the actors how to load and use Colts and 1858 remmingtons.

I loved the dry humor.

All a bit of a laugh.

When did a western last win an academy award?

Unforgiven 1992?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm ordering it. 1st, it's a western... 2nd, it's from NZ!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Griff wrote:I'm ordering it. 1st, it's a western...
Nuff said :) I'm pretty easy about westerns. Open country, cowboys, cowgirls ( :) ), horses, guns, good guys, bad guys, struggle, victory, hardship, redemption. Usually any mix involving a few to several of those and I'm in. Some are real disappointments though - usually ones hyped but not delivering, with otherwise the credentials for greatness...except the opportunity is wasted - somewhere in the translation from script or storyboard something's lost. One of my low points was Appaloosa. Had such high hopes for--anticipated for a year, lots of the requisite ingredients including normally decent lead actor, except they forgot a decent storyline and. Was lacking virtually any "dynamics" - it was such a dull thud, IMO. It was decently shot and even with all my bashing I'll still likely own it some day because it had cowboys, guns and horses!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

gak wrote:
Griff wrote:I'm ordering it. 1st, it's a western...
Nuff said :) I'm pretty easy about westerns. Open country, cowboys, cowgirls ( :) ), horses, guns, good guys, bad guys, struggle, victory, hardship, redemption. Usually any mix involving a few to several of those and I'm in. Some are real disappointments though - usually ones hyped but not delivering, with otherwise the credentials for greatness...except the opportunity is wasted - somewhere in the translation from script or storyboard something's lost. One of my low points was Appaloosa. Had such high hopes for--anticipated for a year, lots of the requisite ingredients including normally decent lead actor, except they forgot a decent storyline and. Was lacking virtually any "dynamics" - it was such a dull thud, IMO. It was decently shot and even with all my bashing I'll still likely own it some day because it had cowboys, guns and horses!
Heck, I could have wrote that!... :o :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

KiwiKev wrote: When did a western last win an academy award?

Unforgiven 1992?
Django won two, didn't it?

However, Unforgiven was the last one to win it for best picture (along with Dances with Wolves in 1990 and Cimarron in 1930).
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail