Scribbles - Kodaks - iPhones

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Scribbles - Kodaks - iPhones

Post by olyinaz »

I guess that's pretty much it! More pictures are taken with an iPhone camera every day on planet Earth than any other camera. That's an amazing statistic to a camera nut like me, but the pictures are the proof in the pudding and brother, they are ridiculously good. The latest addition to the iPhone camera's trick bag is panoramas that you create by simply pressing the shutter button and then panning the camera left to right, or right to left. It's jaw dropping how good the images are.

A typical iPhone photo - no big deal:

A panorama taken from the tippy top of that building, looking south down Manhattan, Freedom Tower in the distance, East River on the left, Hudson on the right (that's where Sully ditched his Airbus):

http://www.pbase.com/olyinaz/image/151343023/original

Bear in mind that's taken through thick glass with strong reflections etc. The field of view is stunning! I'd need one of my thousand dollar lenses on a bulky camera to duplicate it, but now all you need to is pull your dang PHONE out of your pocket and "click"! 8) Amazing.

Oh, and it takes and stores hours worth of stabilized full HD home movies too. :roll: As Captain Jack said in wonderment, "What an amazing modern age we live in."
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Scribbles - Kodaks - iPhones

Post by Blaine »

Indeed.....I would stack my Samsung Galaxy Note II pics up to my nice Panasonic "real" camera....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I bought my wife a Nikon CoolPix something before I went to the Philippines in February . Then after I got there I got her and our daughter Samsung smart phones . I am 100% sure she uses the Samsung more then the Nikon . I have an old Nikon CoolPix I bought new in 2005 that I use for Gunnroker stuff , but for anything else I use my I Phone 4 . I dare say this coming hunting season I'll carry the I Phone only and leave the Nikon at home !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

6pt-sika wrote:I bought my wife a Nikon CoolPix something before I went to the Philippines in February . Then after I got there I got her and our daughter Samsung smart phones . I am 100% sure she uses the Samsung more then the Nikon . I have an old Nikon CoolPix I bought new in 2005 that I use for Gunnroker stuff , but for anything else I use my I Phone 4 . I dare say this coming hunting season I'll carry the I Phone only and leave the Nikon at home !
Absolutely. Since the iPhone 4 I don't take anything but it on vacations or outtings. The iPhone 5 has an even better camera!
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Xclnt Pics Oly, I have always been a Camera buff but My pictures always turn out just That "pictures" but I have fun.
On a recent trip to San Francisco I had trouble capturing just the right picture of the tall buildings. Luv that panorama shot, My current camera has Panorama but I've yet to learn how to use it.
Grt pics Thx- Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Great pics , 'specially from a phone !!!
My wife is a photo bug , me , well I just take snapshots .
She'll spend 5 min - an hour+ in photoshop to make any pic look the way she wants it to look before she will post it . :roll:
Phil