More folly from Wally

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

More folly from Wally

Post by gcs »

Was in Walmart yesterday, AKA "The evil empire" by some, lol
Anyway went to buy a box of the Federal bulk 22's, no problem right?

The woman asks what type of gun?, I said a 22, she says again, what type of gun?, again I said 22 caliber. She says , yes I understand it's a 22, but what type of gun?
I'm now staring at her like she's the village idiot, and then it hits me.... A RIFLE I say.

OK , no problem, and she waddles over to the case and hands me the ammo.

Apparently, they now have a policy here that if you want to buy pistol type ammo, you need to show your pistol permit, which is NOT easily obtained, and you must be 21.
She said it's so children can't buy pistol ammo................?

I told her that was a silly policy, and 22's can be used in either and so can a bunch of other ammo, no matter, can't have kids buying 22's for pistols they can't have, but for rifles, "how much do you want? "

For all I know, a still shot of my transaction was sent to see if I'm on a "list".

:?
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

THEY ask you that in every store if you look young anyway. It actually is about kids under 21 getting pistol ammo. dumb but that is the way the dems think :?
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

They've been doing that for years.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I remember when I was 18 going to buy ammunition. When I went to buy .22's, .38's, .357's or .44's I had to say they were for rifles. Only places that knew better were actual gun stores - they wouldn't sell me them. But back then you could buy that ammo in Target's, K-Marts, most hardware stores, etc.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

I must have just come out of a cave, lol
Last 22's I bought were mail order, and all THEY asked was what's your credit card number? :D
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've never been asked that in IL. But we have to show the FOID card anyway so it doesn't matter.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Okay, many moons ago, I returned from "that" place. So here I was, a twenty year old combat vet, and I couldn't buy .22 lr ammo because it would fit handguns. Now I could by shotgun and "rifle" ammo. Heck, the same people that refused me sale of "pistol" ammo, had been paying me to use automatic weapons and explosive devices now wouldn't sell me "pistol" ammo. Go figure.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I always tell them it's for a pistol. I just like putting them through the extra paper work and motions.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

J Miller wrote:I've never been asked that in IL. But we have to show the FOID card anyway so it doesn't matter.

Joe
Sorry, Joe, but no one is going to suspect either you or me of being a kid! :o

Shawn wrote, "I always tell them it's for a pistol. I just like putting them through the extra paper work and motions."

I like th way you think!
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

I bought a pack of smokes at WalMart the other day. The girsl asked, as usual, "Are you over 21?" I am 55, bald, with a beard as white as Santa's. I said, "Nope, I'm 17!" It really freaked the poor, dumb thing out, she had no clue how to proceed...
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

When I was 18, I went to WW to buy a pocketknife, and some pellets for my Crossman BB pistol (wasn't into real guns at the time). Never did get the pellets, since you had to be 21 to buy them. Of course, in Michigan, my Crossman is now illegal since it's not registered. Yes, you need a pistol permit to buy a BB gun.
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

TIMES ARE CHANGING AND MAN IT HAS TO BE FOR THE WORSE!

I remember when I could walk into Travis' Hardware as a kid and buy as many BBs as I could carry. I would reach up over the counter and put my money on top as the clerk gave me the BBs and all I would hear in return is "Ya'll be carefull and don't put nobody's eye out"!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

horsesoldier03 wrote:TIMES ARE CHANGING AND MAN IT HAS TO BE FOR THE WORSE!

I remember when I could walk into Travis' Hardware as a kid and buy as many BBs as I could carry. I would reach up over the counter and put my money on top as the clerk gave me the BBs and all I would hear in return is "Ya'll be carefull and don't put nobody's eye out"!
I remember a friend in 2nd grade whose high-school-age brother gave us a ride home, and on the way he picked up some dynamite at a local hardware/grocery/farm store - if I recall correctly, all he had to do was sign for it, and he was over 16, but I'm not so sure he was 18 yet.

Nobody blew up schools, or even shot them up, back then, either.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ozymandias
Levergunner

Post by ozymandias »

At age 12 I could ride my bicycle (without a helmet) to the convenience store to buy cigarettes for the adults in the house. I could use the change to buy .22 shells for the rifle in the "horseshoe" rifle racks in my bedroom, or a tube of glue for my Revell model F-100 model kit.

Pretty unenlightened times back then.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Horseshoe rifle racks...I had forgotten them...now I know why so many levergun mag tubes are banged up!! :)

Ed
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Last fall I bought 3 cases of flat black spray paint for our silhouette range, got 'em at Wallyworld. The grey haired lady who checked me out had to see my ID to make sure I was old enough. We shared a chuckle over the situation, as we were about the same age.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

A number of groceries in the area are carding everyone who
buys booze. It's not a state law in Maine - yet. I won't buy
beer in a store that cards me - especially when I'm old enough
to be the clerk's dad - (or, perish the thought - GRANDPA!).

It's gettin' to be pretty ridiculous. When I buy ammo at WalMart,
(that being just about the only thing I've bought there in the last
6 or 8 years), I always tell 'em "rifle" if asked. Their customer
service is too slow as it is.........
Bis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bis »

When I am asked at Wal-Mart if the 22's are for a pistol or rifle I usually tell them both, to which I usually get the deer in the headlight look. I just tell them to pick one.

I had the same problem with glue when Uncle Sam sent me on a little vacation to South East Asia. The store said I was not old enought to buy model glue. I am usually quiet and just say OK. This time it ticked me off and I explained that in two weeks I would be in a place where people would be shooting at me and my basic work tool would be an automatic rifle, I kept ranting and they gave in and sold me the glue and asked me to leave.
when your enemy is within range so are you
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

Heck, I can remember selling discarded beer bottles and spending the change I got on .22s at the local hardware store, when I was under 14 years old? Man, have things changed!
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA, ISRA, AF&AM Pontiac #294
LIUNA #996 for the last 32 years, retired after 34 years.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Dumb laws, just like voting laws in CA were when I first got here. You could serve in the Army at 18 ( I was and I was 19) and go to war at 18 but not vote for (or against) the $ricks that sent you there.

If these guys, in ANY state can go to war to defend these morons when they're 18, then they ought to be allowed to buy guns AND ammo.
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

In Tennessee,no matter how old you are ,you have to show ID to by beer.Wally World always cards me for any ammo I buy ,but they do not ask what kind of gun .
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

GCS
WHAT COMMI PINCKO STATE DO YOU LIVE IN?
I BOUGHT 22 AMMO A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AT WALMART
WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED....
I'M IN FLORIDA.....
THEY DONT SELL GUNS IN THIS PARTICULAR STORE THOUGH...
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

You guys that say "pistol" just to put them through the hassle, check your receipt. I bet you paid a tax for 'handgun ammo'.

I went in to ask about a promo that Winchester is advertising by email, where you get a pair of shooting glasses and something for buying two bricks of .22 (or some other combinations of 4 if you want better stuff).

WallyWorld didn't have the forms and the email didn't have a printable one, so I'm still looking.

But I always say "rifle" for ammo purchases, no matter the caliber. I actually can shoot most of the calibers I buy in a rifle.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Mess with their heads.

Tell them you want .45-70 for your BFR... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Absolute, morons........Moronic, moron-like idiots.....that are also morons......Did I mention morons???
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Rimfire, I'm in far north Florida, AKA New York, seems that way anyway since half this place lives in your state according to the license plates I see here in the summer. :D
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:? Are none of you old enough or memories not working good enough to remember after the GCA68 and you had to be 21 to purchase handgun ammo, and 18 to purchase any other ammo, and you had to show ID and sign the log book for all of it> :shock: :D
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

handirifle wrote:Dumb laws, just like voting laws in CA were when I first got here. You could serve in the Army at 18 ( I was and I was 19) and go to war at 18 but not vote for (or against) the $ricks that sent you there.

If these guys, in ANY state can go to war to defend these morons when they're 18, then they ought to be allowed to buy guns AND ammo.
Alcohol too.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.