OT, what can you tell me about a H&R 922?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
78CJ
Levergunner

OT, what can you tell me about a H&R 922?

Post by 78CJ »

I have an opportunity to buy an H&R 922 for pretty reasonable but I cannot find much info about them. I did not look close at the barrel length but it is either 4 or 6". The cylinder seems a little loose but other than that the blueing looks pretty good.

What else can ya'll tell me. By the way, the front sight looks like a right triangle per say with the vertical leg nearer the frame, and the grip is a rather large plastic.

Thanks
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I've shot a few that were very nice handling. Some of them had a loose cylinder, I think from the pin wearing and not locking tight. They are around $150 in excellent condition. The plastic grips came in different colors but predominantly black.
78CJ
Levergunner

Post by 78CJ »

Should be able to get this one for $60 out the door.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If the timing is good enough, and the cylinder aligned enough, that it is safe (and it has to be pretty bad for a .22 not to be safe!), I'd get it - not much better for inexpensive fun that a little .22 handgun you don't mind getting dirty or scratched by keeping it in the pack or whatever.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
78CJ
Levergunner

Post by 78CJ »

Picked it up tonight for $50 out the door. $50 won't buy much these days, so I figured I was crazy to pass.

Ryan
78CJ
Levergunner

Post by 78CJ »

Oh yeah, I was wrong on the front sight also.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Congrats on that new handgun! Yep..for 50 bucks you can't go very wrong at all and you won't worry about it too much.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I'd buy every one I could get my hands on for $50! :wink:

The first handgun I ever shot... and possibly my dad as well. His 922.

Slow is just slow.
78CJ
Levergunner

Post by 78CJ »

Looks just like that with bigger grips. By the way, what is the little lever at the back of the triggerguard, I suspect some sort of transfer bar safety?