OT - new movie coming soon - to a theater near you???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Kismet wrote:That is perhaps part of what makes the debate so emotional.
Actually what makes it so emotional is that religion is at the CORE of most
peoples being. It's their EVERYTHING.

Using fancy words to explain away a persons faith is like balling up the 50
worst "your mama" jokes and shoving them down a persons throat.

It's just plain mean. Whether it's meant to be or not. It's just plain mean.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

Kismet wrote:Kirk - I certainly appreciate your discussion in this matter. With you and some of your compatriots on this board (they know who they are), this has been an interesting discussion.

I don't think the religious "masses" (those numerous consumers who don't think deeply about the subject) realize what you state above. Even if they "defeat" the theory of evolution in science, such a result will not achieve their ultimate goal. That is perhaps part of what makes the debate so emotional. If, for example, the local school boards didn't get involved and let scientists resolve the matter (I'm not suggesting that it would be painless), I don't think the issue would become so divisive. (Obviously I stand firm in my belief that if ID has merit then it can prevail in the scientific marketplace of ideas without help from the pulpit.)

Michael in NH
Michael,

You will have to forgive me, I am not the same calibre of gentleman that Kirk is, but I have a suggestion...

Stop trying to place yourself above those with whom you disagree - it makes you like like an... well, you know.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Is kismet confusing "religon" with Christianity and being a saved by the blood christian? Someone has already said this but I will again.Romans 14:11 says "For it is written As I live, saith the Lord,every knee shall bow to me,and every tongue shall confess to God".Want to or not we are told to pray for them that they too can know Christ as Saviour.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Evolution and evolutionists as it stands today have simply made up answers they like. That is not science. They have hypothesized but want to elevate their hypotheses to the level of truth/answers that are correct.

What if God is managing the process. They can't explain the leaps. So, in conclusions they would have to stop there and present what they see as evidence but they have invented an overall system - hypotheguess, but not science.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

Michael,

I am sure that a scientific examination of this discussion would prove the following:

Not one single I/D or Creation believer has gone out of his way to insult you or your beliefs but have reiterated their own in reply to your provocations.

You, on the other hand, seem to get abundant pleasure from insulting those you deem less enlightened than yourself...
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Kismet wrote:To those of you that do believe in Intelligent Design as a scientific theory I have a question. Assume that in the years to come that Intelligent Design becomes the operative theory of how the world came to be as it is ... do believe that such a theory would prove YOUR religious beliefs?
Michael, the theory of Intelligent Design is what spurred the earliest of the scientists to seek knowledge about the world and universe around them. I find it amusing that today folks want to discredit the idea of intelligent design as something from the lunatic fringe. Those of us who believe that there is a Creator do so because of the fingerprint of intelligence shown in every aspect of the world around us. Something as simple as the clotting of your blood after a paper cut or a pin arrogant idiot is so complex that to expect the dozens (hundreds?) of interdependent reactions and functions to arise piece by piece from the primordial soup is a lot larger leap of faith than to believe that someone actually designed that minute part of our being to function that way.

Now, does what one part of science teach affect my religious beliefs? No. I look as much as possible to a wide variety of disciplines to form my world view. It is interesting that of all the world religions that exist, the one that draws the most flack is the Christian religion. Who today is trying to discredit buddhism, islam, santería, confucianism, etc? No one. Because they do not attempt to reach to the very root of our existence to affect a chance in the very nature of our being. And yet, if we toss out the Bible, upon which the christian faith is based, then we'd have to toss out all of ancient history. There is no ancient document that has been so thoroughly documented as the collection of books we call the Bible. People have endeavored over the centuries to discredit and get rid of this book. Voltaire prophesied that within a century the Bible would cease to exist except for a mouldering copy or two in some museum. And the funny thing is that within half a century his house was a center for Bible distribution.

Archeology is another area of study that confirms much of the content of the Bible as to customs, locations and other pertinent information. For years folks said "David's a figment of the imagination" because they'd not found any reference to him outside of the Bible. And then they found a memorial to an ancient battle in which a foreign king wrote "Upon this spot I overcame the House of David". It was not David himself who was overthrown, but one of his descendants. But because of the lack of stature of the kings following David his name was not used but rather that of his famous ancestor.

Yes, there is a lot of the christian faith that is just that - FAITH. I freely admit it. And yet, that faith does not rest on hollow ground, it is based solidly on a wide variety of evidence.

If you really like to match wits with someone who handles the issues at the base of the christian faith, I'd suggest you take a long look and study of Josh McDowell's book, "Evidence That Demands A Verdict". He set out to prove that the christian faith is false. Beware, folks who honestly start down that path (honestly being the key term) tend to change their view over time as they come to see the ways in which the faith is firmly based on fact and truth.

I'm not sure if that answers any questions, and again, yes, I'm tossing the "do some research" at you once more. Sheesh. It'd be so much easier for you if I'd just say "Believe this or else." wouldn't it? I don't operate that way. I'm firm in my beliefs, not because I've been taught "believe this or else" but because I go back and examine things time after time. Even in the area of christian doctrine I don't buy much of what the current "movers and shakers" believe and market. I strive to reach back for the foundations of the faith and to live as Christ lived and His apostles taught- although I fall short of that ideal by far. Why do I do this? Because the evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of the "faith once delivered"...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Kismet wrote:(Obviously I stand firm in my belief that if ID has merit then it can prevail in the scientific marketplace of ideas without help from the pulpit.)
Michael in NH
I tend to agree. Many people I interact with seem to think that it is religion that is shoving ID ahead and that it is science that is holding it back. I see the very opposite: it is 21st century science that is fueling ID, and it is the theological implications that are holding it back in the minds of many who do not want to concede the existence of God. I have given many lectures on ID in Canada, the UK and the USA (by the way Michael, I spoke on this subject at the University of New Hampshire just about a year ago .... could have gotten together with you for coffee if I'd have known you were around!) and I have witnessed, time after time, students and professors who say, after seeing videos of molecular machines, and the functional complexity of the information encoded in proteins, 'Okay ........ but you're going to say God did it." It is being rejected, not for scientific reasons, but for philosophical or theological reasons. It is the theological and philosophical implications that make it so difficult for many scientists, suddenly finding their core beliefs shaken, to accept what 21st century science is telling them. Nevertheless, there are beginning to appear papers in the scientific peer reviewed journals, that are slowly correcting our thinking, in spite of philosophical objections. Judging from the sheer number of biology professors I know who privately have accepted that life required ID, but who publicly have yet to make it known, I'd say that in our generation, we will see a swing back to the understanding that life did require a highly intelligent Designer.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Here is a quirky thought.....

Nothing created Everything.

I don't see this as a good argument for Atheism.

I'm going to have to say that Something created Everything.

Imagine that, I'm capable of deductive reasoning.

8)
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

Paul ,Have you ever heard of Arnold Murray?To me ,He seems to make more sense than a lot of other preachers we have on TV
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Rebel1972 wrote:Paul ,Have you ever heard of Arnold Murray?To me ,He seems to make more sense than a lot of other preachers we have on TV
All I know about him is what CARM has on their site:

http://www.carm.org/chapel/arnold_murray.htm

He sounds to me like yet another TV preacher. I know there's some good ones out there on TV and Radio, but you'd better have your Bible in hand when you listen to them in order to tell for sure. And for me, that's the standard - faithfulness to what the Bible teaches.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, here it is - I think God created it over a long period of time - but not seven of our days.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

I must admit that I'm really surprised by the reaction, and intolerance, of many of the postings.

-- There's a difference between science (and the scientific method) and religion (and belief)

-- Many scientists also believe in God -- they are not all, or even mostly, atheists. The existence of God, evolution, the birth of our universe, etc. are not mutually exclusive entities and concepts.

-- There have been a number of attempts of scientist to reconcile a belief in God with science and even prove His existence e.g., The Physics of Immortality

-- Evolution does not have a "purpose", i.e., evolving to a more highly structured being; there are many instances of "backwards" evolution and animals/plants that have remained in virtually the same state for tens of millions of years. Therefore, there is no violation of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. And even if it did, it would seem that the extinction events that occur roughly every 26 million years (with larger ones periodically), would recycle the "chaos". Naturally arising structure out of chaos is a broadly accepted phenonenon.

-- "Scientists" of hundreds of years ago (to the Columbus reference) were not necessarily practictioners of the scientific method, i.e., there were no observable results and repetitive proof sources of the "edge of the earth."

-- Just because someone has a different perspective, or takes a different approach to the discovery of truth, doesn't mean they are wrong.

-- God is truth, and asks us to apply our whole body and mind to His word and love. He does not deceive, and supports our discovery of Him and His works. He does not lay down false trails (like seeding the ground with fossils). However, our understanding of Him is imperfect and comes in steps...sometimes slowly.

-- Science also evolves as our understanding increases. It is part of the scientific method to continually refine, modify, and even discard "proven" theories over time. Look no further than the impact of Relativity on Newtonian physics, or the impact of Quantum Mechanics. This does not invalidate the scientific method, nor make scientists "incorrect." Rightly so, they support an accepted and proven theory until the weight of evidence necessitates a change, or extension, to accepted theories.

-- While there is considerable evidence for much of the Bible, it was written by man, often hundreds of years after the events, and was subject to its own censorship and editing by (often) narrow-minded Church leaders that were following their own agenda. Have you read the The Forgotten Books of Eden, The Lost Books of the Bible, The Book of Mormon? Who's to say what is really truth?

-- Much of micro-evolution, and some of macro-evolution (e.g. punctuated equilbrium) has been demonstrated or supported by the fossil record.

-- New scientific thought (e.g., M-Theory, superstrings, parallel universes, etc.) is giving scientist new tools to use and explore in their furthering of science and the understanding of the universe(s). Many of these may also provide avenues and support for the existence of God.

I'm disappointed that we can't discuss and discourse on these subjects without degrading to the line in the sand, "I'm right, you're wrong (or an idiot)" sort of responses this thread (and others recently) have engendered.

I find myself spending less time on this forum, and enjoying it less, that I did on the old forum.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

-- Much of micro-evolution, and some of macro-evolution (e.g. punctuated equilbrium) has been demonstrated or supported by the fossil record.
alnitak, I happen to agree with a lot of what you said, but the above statement holds one of the problems with Macro-evolution and the scientific method. With most of micro-evolution we can use the scientific method and actually get real data to work with. Real science is observable and repeatable, micro-evolution is something that we have tested and observed in a large number of organisms, and we have come up with informed ideas of the workings of the process.

Up until now, we have NOT been able to observe any macro evolution. Even in fruit flies, and different bacteria strains, we have not been able to see any of these transformations that are really at the root of the argument. That problem then puts all information found in the fossil record in the realm of interpretation. So while some evidence found in the fossil record could support a certain pov (any POV), it is still not PROOF. What some of us who happen to be Christians have such a conern about is that theory, hypothesis, and conjecture are passed off in Education, and media as fact.
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

TCB in TN wrote:
alnitak, I happen to agree with a lot of what you said, but the above statement holds one of the problems with Macro-evolution and the scientific method. With most of micro-evolution we can use the scientific method and actually get real data to work with. Real science is observable and repeatable, micro-evolution is something that we have tested and observed in a large number of organisms, and we have come up with informed ideas of the workings of the process.

Up until now, we have NOT been able to observe any macro evolution. Even in fruit flies, and different bacteria strains, we have not been able to see any of these transformations that are really at the root of the argument. That problem then puts all information found in the fossil record in the realm of interpretation. So while some evidence found in the fossil record could support a certain pov (any POV), it is still not PROOF. What some of us who happen to be Christians have such a conern about is that theory, hypothesis, and conjecture are passed off in Education, and media as fact.
How do we know that our Creator did not create evolution but our esteemed scientists just haven't figured that out yet?

Which brings us to the real issue of insulting and belittling someone's belief, which is the real intention behind Mr. Kismet's posts, regardless of how inadequately he attempts to disguise that fact.
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

How do we know that our Creator did not create evolution but our esteemed scientists just haven't figured that out yet?

Which brings us to the real issue of insulting and belittling someone's belief, which is the real intention behind Mr. Kismet's posts, regardless of how inadequately he attempts to disguise that fact.

I honestly don't know all of God's plans. Some things he felt the need to share with us others he holds to himself. I just know that from all that I have seen, and heard in my life that God does exist. Any items that I don't understand yet, well I will just take them on faith and wait until he either determines that I need to know and informs me, or I get to heaven and can ask him myself.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I think Kismet is being sincere.
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

I would never claim that I could ever comprehend or define God, but I believe he's out there.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Out there, in here - everywhere.

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

...we have not been able to see any of these transformations that are really at the root of the argument. That problem then puts all information found in the fossil record in the realm of interpretation.
TCB in TN -- To a certain extent, what you say is true of macro-evolution...we can't really prove it or test it given the time and conditions that need to exist. However, the fossil record is more complete than people acknowledge. Years ago the argument was that we saw none of the intermediary species, yet since that time, many of those "missing links" have been found and the fossil record is much more complete. We also have seen the predicted patterns emerge more than once -- confirmation of prediction being one of the cornerstones of the scientific method. Some of that may be open to interpretation, but more collaboration is being found all the time. The difficulty is that, so far, ID can't be proven -- although a number of questions are raised by the observations. And certainly, questions of faith have to be taken on ... faith. As Godel's Incompletness Theorem asserts (paraphrasing with great liberty) -- we can never know with certainty that which happens outside while observing from within.

Quick Karl -- I certainly think that evolution itself may be a mechanism of God. It's not that the scientists haven't figured that out, it's just that it's a question that they can't answer with the tools available to them, so it falls outside the realm of science.

Bottom line, there's enough room for both sides to operate, and enough separation in the issues they address that both may be right. Science will always ask the What if? and How?, much as religion does. It just has a more rigorous standard for what answers it accepts ... not better, just different. And as long as we're teaching Science, we're bound by it's conventions. It's as if I were attending Catholic school, being taught my religion, yet protesting why I wasn't being taught Buddhism -- it's just not the charter of the Catholic school.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Evolutionists appear to insist that the upward generator is random chance.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Ben Stien was in our state capitol a few weeks ago while they were having a debate on how the creation argument was going to be presented in the school classrooms in the state of Fla. Only time will tel if he made a difference.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Old Savage wrote:Well, here it is - I think God created it over a long period of time - but not seven of our days.
Very much along my line of thought. My thing is how long is one of God's days for a being that is eternal why would he chose to run him self on our concept of time?

I look forward to seeing this.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

yet since that time, many of those "missing links" have been found and the fossil record is much more complete.

I guess you are going to have to give me more on this. I haven't been to up on this for the last 2 years, but up untill that time I have seen most of the supposed missing links debunked, (found to be hoaxes and or being a stretch to be a ML) and the ones that were not debunked, were still surrounded by a lot of controversy (out side of the media). It is my understanding from my reading over the years that there is still a ton of discussion about what it would take to really be considered a missing link.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

TCB in TN wrote:
yet since that time, many of those "missing links" have been found and the fossil record is much more complete.
I think part of the problem is that most evolutionary biologists are still looking at morphology (a 19th century approach that looks at body shape, body plans, skeletal structure, etc.) to infer common descent, with the occasional look at phylogeny. Even with that, the fossil record pretty much falsifies Darwin's theory of common descent. However, we now know that the structure of a plant or animal is largely determined by the information encoded in its genome. When we look at the quantum leaps in genetic information between, say, a fish and an amphibian, or between a chimp and a human, the gaps in genetic information are staggeringly enormous, making gaps in the fossil record look like small potatoes by comparison.

To illustrate using MicroSoft Word and Apple's 'Pages', they are both word processing software that may have many similarities in appearance and end result. An evolutionary biologist who looks at morphology could conclude that the many similarities are a result of common descent (i.e., both evolved from a common older piece of software, without any help from intelligent humans, through a process of random changes to the code and when something worked, it's fitness preserved the changes). However, when we look at the actual coding differences between MS Word and Pages, that theory goes out the window.

Similarly, the chimp and human have a lot of structural similarities, and evolutionary biologists have inferred, therefore, that we have a common ancestor. However, with the sequencing of both genomes, we have found that there are approximately 3,000 genes difference between the two (not to mention massive non-protein coding differences). There isn't enough time in the universe to evolve one novel gene of average length, forget about dozens, hundreds, or thousands. Recent work has shown that the probability of finding just one average length protein-coding gene in sequence space is approximately one chance in 10 with 210 zeros after it. The upper limit for what the universe is capable of performing in a search over 10 billion years might, at best, locate a sequence that had a probability of 1 in 10 with only 119 zeros after it. In other words, the search capacity of the universe falls almost 100 orders of magnitude short of what is required to find any sequence at all that codes for just one average protein. The upper limit for the total number of trials on earth over a 4 billion year span is, at best, around 10 with 41 zeros after it.

Bottom Line: Writing any kind of computer software at all that is of any significant length, using a process of mutation/insertion/deletion is not going to work anywhere in the universe; the number of trial available is simply far too miniscule in comparison with what we see encoded in MS Word, which is far less impressive than what we are seeing encoded in the genomes of life.

Perhaps the best way to come face to face with the difficulties is to start writing genetic algorithms. They will not get off the ground without a fitness function and the fitness function must always encode sufficient information to properly identify the desired outcome. It turns out that to do this, the fitness function must always encode more information than the desired outcome. So before you can evolve the information required for life, you must first produce a fitness function in nature that actually contains more information than what you have to evolve. Unfortunately, most evolutionary biologists have no experience writing evolutionary algorithm software. Within that absence of knowledge, speculation can flourish unchallenged. That is slowly changing, however, with a few landmark papers on functional information and functional complexity having been published over the past year.

By gum! What am I doing! I come here to discuss shooting old leverguns! :shock:
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

So what you're saying is that a 45-70 leaving my barrel has almost no chance in hell of morphing into a 50-110 by the time it hits the target, right?

Fricken Darwin, I swear...
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

By golly Kirk, that is good information.

Let me boil this down, the Thunderbird started as a sports car, it "evolved" into a Sedan coupe and back again. Because????? That's right Ford changed it. It looks to me like somebody/someintellignece changed things along the way. And it was done in leaps - as if someone/someones was/were working on it. Now if random chance is the generator of the upward change I think I am going to need more proof because to me it fails and doesn't qualify as the mechanism. In creation though I disagree with the time period involved there is at least a mechanism. The pie should lead you to infer the baker.

I have come to think Bowie Knives are On Topic.

Read the Biology of Belief - interesting stuff also.

TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

KirkD wrote:I think part of the problem is that most evolutionary biologists are still looking at morphology (a 19th century approach that looks at body shape, body plans, skeletal structure, etc.) to infer common descent, with the occasional look at phylogeny. Even with that, the fossil record pretty much falsifies Darwin's theory of common descent. However, we now know that the structure of a plant or animal is largely determined by the information encoded in its genome. When we look at the quantum leaps in genetic information between, say, a fish and an amphibian, or between a chimp and a human, the gaps in genetic information are staggeringly enormous, making gaps in the fossil record look like small potatoes by comparison.

To illustrate using MicroSoft Word and Apple's 'Pages', they are both word processing software that may have many similarities in appearance and end result. An evolutionary biologist who looks at morphology could conclude that the many similarities are a result of common descent (i.e., both evolved from a common older piece of software, without any help from intelligent humans, through a process of random changes to the code and when something worked, it's fitness preserved the changes). However, when we look at the actual coding differences between MS Word and Pages, that theory goes out the window.

Similarly, the chimp and human have a lot of structural similarities, and evolutionary biologists have inferred, therefore, that we have a common ancestor. However, with the sequencing of both genomes, we have found that there are approximately 3,000 genes difference between the two (not to mention massive non-protein coding differences). There isn't enough time in the universe to evolve one novel gene of average length, forget about dozens, hundreds, or thousands. Recent work has shown that the probability of finding just one average length protein-coding gene in sequence space is approximately one chance in 10 with 210 zeros after it. The upper limit for what the universe is capable of performing in a search over 10 billion years might, at best, locate a sequence that had a probability of 1 in 10 with only 119 zeros after it. In other words, the search capacity of the universe falls almost 100 orders of magnitude short of what is required to find any sequence at all that codes for just one average protein. The upper limit for the total number of trials on earth over a 4 billion year span is, at best, around 10 with 41 zeros after it.

Bottom Line: Writing any kind of computer software at all that is of any significant length, using a process of mutation/insertion/deletion is not going to work anywhere in the universe; the number of trial available is simply far too miniscule in comparison with what we see encoded in MS Word, which is far less impressive than what we are seeing encoded in the genomes of life.

Perhaps the best way to come face to face with the difficulties is to start writing genetic algorithms. They will not get off the ground without a fitness function and the fitness function must always encode sufficient information to properly identify the desired outcome. It turns out that to do this, the fitness function must always encode more information than the desired outcome. So before you can evolve the information required for life, you must first produce a fitness function in nature that actually contains more information than what you have to evolve. Unfortunately, most evolutionary biologists have no experience writing evolutionary algorithm software. Within that absence of knowledge, speculation can flourish unchallenged. That is slowly changing, however, with a few landmark papers on functional information and functional complexity having been published over the past year.

By gum! What am I doing! I come here to discuss shooting old leverguns! :shock:
Wow, I have read a lot about evolution and genetics through the years, and have yet to hear a better explanation, or even one as good for that matter! I am very impressed, and I can answer your question as to what you are doing! Sir you are helping to inform and give some of us poor souls a better understanding of a very complex subject. Thanks for the time!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

About an hour and a half South of my home there are human footprints in the same rock and within inches of dinosaur footprints. The area is on the Paluxy river near Glen Rose, Texas. Please explain to me how this occur using the faux science of the evolutionary principle as espoused by Kismet. As a stong proponent of the science upon which physics and chemistry is based, the side by side prints would require the prints to have been made within hours of each other. Evolutionists throw out this evidence. Discarding evidence which would mean you would have to change your theory is scientifically unethical. Being unethical in what evidence is thrown out makes all the evidence used to support your theory suspect. This is only one of many pieces of evidence which were thrown out because the scientists (if one can call them that) were more interested in proving a theory than in a search for truth and answers.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

piller wrote:About an hour and a half South of my home there are human footprints in the same rock and within inches of dinosaur footprints. The area is on the Paluxy river near Glen Rose, Texas. Please explain to me how this occur using the faux science of the evolutionary principle as espoused by Kismet. As a stong proponent of the science upon which physics and chemistry is based, the side by side prints would require the prints to have been made within hours of each other. Evolutionists throw out this evidence. Discarding evidence which would mean you would have to change your theory is scientifically unethical. Being unethical in what evidence is thrown out makes all the evidence used to support your theory suspect. This is only one of many pieces of evidence which were thrown out because the scientists (if one can call them that) were more interested in proving a theory than in a search for truth and answers.
Some unintelligent back-woods Creator believer obviously chiseled those footprints next to those dinosaur prints... I bet there are ‘tool marks’ in those human-like footprints. :roll:
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I apologize for reviving this older thread, but I ran into a fairly well written opinion piece that I thought I would add to the record via a link. It specifically refers to Ben Stein's "Expelled" and so I thought it belonged here. I take no side in this debate ... God or Darwin, still, I find myself sitting here existing and typing away. I just particularly liked the last paragraph ...
Precisely because the majority in science has been wrong on note-worthy occasions, progress often does depend on courageous dissenters. The principle is clear: "A fair result can be obtained only by fully balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question." So wrote Charles Darwin.
The full piece can be found here ...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/o ... man17.html
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

Good find, and very interesting information to say the very least.
roughing it
Levergunner

Expelled Exposed

Post by roughing it »

Take a look at this site that debunks most or all of the things the movie "Expelled" is putting out. Quote "we'll show you why this movie is not a documentary at all, but anti-science propaganda aimed at creating the appearance of controversy where there is none."

http://expelledexposed.com/
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

Quick Karl wrote:So what you're saying is that a 45-70 leaving my barrel has almost no chance in hell of morphing into a 50-110 by the time it hits the target, right?

Fricken Darwin, I swear...
LAUGHED MY A-- OFF AT THIS ONE!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tense thread.... fascinating, but tense.

A good laugh punctuates it nicely.

Haycock
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. - PA State Constitution
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

While I like much of what Ben Stein has had to say in the past, this movie is just another example of propaganda and biased half-truths that are used to espouse a personal opinion. The Dems and Antis are not the only ones who succumb to those tactics.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=six ... ou-to-know