4 AM intruder has sudden change of heart

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

4 AM intruder has sudden change of heart

Post by octagon »

I start work in my shop very early most days as I get more work done out there before the rest of the world wakes up. I guess the fellow walking up my drive at 4AM feels the same way. Very recently I am just getting out of bed to make coffee when I pass by the front door and see the motion activated light go off right as I hear my Black Dog (80 lbs) growl. I look out the window and see in the distance a fellow running like Jesse Owens for the fence he has just climbed over with the Black Dog hot on his trail. He was too far away to see clearly, but he vaulted the gate and into the back of a waiting truck before the black death got a hold of his nether regions. I laughed as the truck sped off, glad to have such a fine canine that lives and breaths to protect the pack. He has slept by the front door behind a bush these last 11 years, and does not get as much action as he would like.
If the fellow had made it to the front door he would have found a large guy in his underwear with a Glock 10 mm and five clips full of Federal Premium 180 grain Hydra Shok JHP and no coffee yet (grumpy). I am glad to have such a good dog that helps to save such expensive ammo. Luckily I had the day before defrosted some rib eyes for that nights supper, and while the coffee was brewing I cut one up and delivered it to the Black Death - Good Boy!
Last edited by octagon on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mdl53
Levergunner 1.0

Re: 4 AM intruder has sudden change of heart

Post by Mdl53 »

Stories like that just warm the heart. Nice to have a loyal friend.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Good boy. Give him a pat on the head from me.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Poor dog, got a great treat but no tail. How close was BD when Jesse cleared the fence? Love a happy ending. 3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

good dog...i think the sight of an older grumpy guy without coffee...with a Glock...in his underwear would be enough deterrent...YIKES...glad you guys are ok and well protected...good dog... :)
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Glad for the happy ending. Great pup! well deserved steak!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

rjohns94 wrote:Glad for the happy ending. Great pup! well deserved steak!
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Good dog! :lol:
centershot
Levergunner 2.0
Location: Wandering in the abyss of progressive liberal Nu Yorkistan

Post by centershot »

NICE!!! Very NICE!!!
"All who wander are not lost."
J. R. R. Tolkien
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I hope the dog gets a treat for his hard work. You know, I think I'd rather face the dog than a pre-coffee gent armed with a Glock, regardless of how he is dressed.

Did you notify the cops? If there's a trend showing up they may be of some help.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Glad your dog kept you from having to do something that a District Attorney might think was wrong. I don't have a problem with protecting your home, and am glad your dog was there to help you. He deserves a good pat on the head in addition to that steak.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

To me, next to a child abuser, the most hated character flaw in an individual is a thief. I don't how you could have laughed as I would have been an enraged maniac to the point of jumping in Old Yeller and running him down. I really do lose control when no good like that infringes on the happiness in my castle.

Well, glad it ended OK and for the most part, you won't hear anything more from those low life's.

You have one dog, I have pushing a dozen......and none of 'em sleep. (Dangled little land piranha Yorkies :D )----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Excellent.

Black Death did exactly what you pay him to do...... :mrgreen:

I love it, when I hear stuff like that ! 8)

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Jeepnik, I did not call the cops as I had no description of either the intruder or the truck. I need a much brighter light out front, it won't shine all the way to the front gate.
Sixgun, I don't have just one dog. I have a huge Pit in the back with a head like a basketball, he is a tall brindle, and like the Black Death, he does not tolerate strangers, day or night. For some odd reason he especially hates people in uniforms and coats. The Black Dog is a large Collie mix, but very wide in the chest like a steroid Boarder Collie.
Most folks would think these dogs are ferocious, but they are real sweet as long as you are a member of the immediate family. I take real good care of them, and they take great care of me and mine. I sleep real good at night.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I hear you Octagon. Its a proven point, dogs and outside lighting are the best deterrents to outside filth trying to steal the goods that others sweated for.

if they get past that, well, that's what the 45 is for. :D -------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote:To me, next to a child abuser, the most hated character flaw in an individual is a thief.
I'm with you Six. I'd add in between those any "male" (can't call it a "man") that would abuse a woman in any way, shape, or form. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Thor is an inside dog, but he hears everything...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

About 20 years ago now an ex of mine's older brother, a Navy SEAL (confirmed, not rumored) was home on leave from one of his various training missions all over, and aside from the obvious bedroom gymnastics with the wife, had been out hunting. Their house was in a large cul-de-sac with around half an acre of woods between houses.

Burglar finds waist-level large window unlocked and slides it up quietly, straddles the windowsill peering inside carefully. He turns his head and sees from about a foot away, the business end of a 6" Model 629 full of hunting loads with a scope on it and hears a click of the hammer cocking.

Conversationally, brother says "You might want to reconsider this." Guy very carefully nods and slowly exits the windowsill and runs like hell. Brother was tracking him through the window the whole way out of sight......

I think the guy might have had a career change (and an underwear change) after that....
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Brill....did you get a denim patch as a trophy? :lol:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Nath, a denim patch trophy? That is real funny, but no, no such trophy. I did check for blood out by the gate, but no luck. The light going off saved the fellow, as the dogs usual method is to hide and not growl until they are in striking distance. At the old place, he bit the heLL out of an intruder with a lot of teeth marks on his legs and removed one chunk about silver dollar size from his calf muscle. Did not find the chunk.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

octagon wrote:Nath, a denim patch trophy? That is real funny, but no, no such trophy. I did check for blood out by the gate, but no luck. The light going off saved the fellow, as the dogs usual method is to hide and not growl until they are in striking distance. At the old place, he bit the heLL out of an intruder with a lot of teeth marks on his legs and removed one chunk about silver dollar size from his calf muscle. Did not find the chunk.
This warms my heart beyond belief......If all crooks had a reasonable expectation of being hurt/shot whilst plying their trade, I suspect that crime would plummet. (See Kennesaw, Georgia). Of course, with liberal gun laws in urban areas, crooks feel pretty dang safe.....(He said with his loaded Glock 30 on desk in front of him.... :twisted: :twisted: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV