Favorite Stationery

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Favorite Stationery

Post by earlmck »

Last Saturday was the last day of elk season for the tag I have. Took a couple of grandkids along 'cause I'd promised to do such a thing (a 9 and a 10 yr old). So a cold early morning with about a 10 knot breeze in our faces, bundled up in all the clothes we have along, knife on belt, binocs hung around neck, down vest, hunting jacket, gun slung over shoulder -- you know the situation. Then it hits -- the old "urge to purge".

"You're not going to believe this guys, but grandpa has to poop. Go on up to that tree there and I'll catch up in a while."

Fortunately I have freshly stocked my pockets with my favorite stationery for this occasion -- Viva Select-a-size paper towels.
Stationery8616.jpg
Remington model 14/35 Rem; Randall knife; Viva towels

So what is your favorite weapon for this situation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Favorite Stationery

Post by cshold »

LOL funny you should mention this.
Had to do it in the woods this morning.
After 50, 'when ya gotta go ya really gotta go' :roll: :D
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Happens every time with me. Within 100 yd of the road ( like my name implies).
Just being relieved afterwords makes it worth while. :wink:
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Not sure I really want to admit to this...

But it cost me $4.00 in 1's one morning at oh-dark-thirty while out turkey hunting... When I didn't have anything else to use and the leaves were all wet, and well... You know...

Now I always go hunting with a small roll of TP in the vest and pack -- and a few extra 1s too! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I carry a partial roll of TP and a pack of wet ones in my back pack. I also have a folding trowel in the same compartment. Never enter the woods without them and on road trips, the back pack is with me too.

PS. Love the rifle!!!!! Any pics of how you mounted the scope? What is the scope?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Years ago I walked into a local bar in Wis. frequented by Loggers, one guy says you can
always tell a true Logger by the lack of shirt tails on his shirt, guess what I needed them that day
Like you Earl viva is a better solution

ollogger
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Since the late 60's, every one of my hunting jackets & pants has carried a partial roll of TP, stolen from my bathroom when they were about 3/4th gone & pressed flat.

I regard them like American Express: Never leave home without it............. :mrgreen:

hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

Partial roll of all purpose paper (Toilet Paper) in a Ziploc freezer baggie.
It rains a lot in NW Louisiana.

hayabusa
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

I still have a supply of 1970 vintage "C"-ration toilet paper.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Reckon near as I can remember them little packs in C-rations was more like sandpaper.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Grab a roll of TP when it has 1/2 an inch left around the roll. Put it in a zip lock.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pocket full of Select-a-Size, or whatever....I've donated many a red bandana to the cause.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

I try to keep at least part of a roll of TP in my orange vest not to mention in the pack in my truck. Has multiple uses too . . . last time I used it was when I tracked my last deer, used it to mark my blood trail that I was following :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I didn't' think you guys used white TP in case a short sighted hunter shot you for a White Tail !
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

rjohns94 wrote:I carry a partial roll of TP and a pack of wet ones in my back pack. I also have a folding trowel in the same compartment. Never enter the woods without them and on road trips, the back pack is with me too.

PS. Love the rifle!!!!! Any pics of how you mounted the scope? What is the scope?
Agree about the rifle._
For whatever reason the model 14 & 141 look good with glass on top.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

casastahle wrote:LOL funny you should mention this.
Had to do it in the woods this morning.
After 50, 'when ya gotta go ya really gotta go' :roll: :D
Wait until you reach 70 :lol: :lol:
I NEVER go hunting or hiking without TP or equivilant :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
1894c

Post by 1894c »

there's just something about leverguns, knives, boots, hats, gloves, jackets, packs, being outdoors, and FRESH AIR...this tread cracked me up, really made me laugh...I thought it was just me, apparently NOT! always, always carry T.P., although big Maple leaves work, pine-cones not so much... :)
1471800_10201497519853090_2046276980_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

JerryB wrote:Reckon near as I can remember them little packs in C-rations was more like sandpaper.

But, we were young and tough then. :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Praying that you guys don't get in touch with your inner self....... :shock: :o :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I can see it is a good thing I brought up this topic -- one of the few in which I am a true expert. Yep, because of my job cutting trees I do my deed outdoors on a regular and year-round basis in all kinds of weather. Fresh air certainly contributes but there is no greater laxative than getting suited up in coveralls and then a pair of chaps. The old body just loves to wait until it's gonna' take at least 3 minutes to get unzipped and unbuttoned and unsnapped, and then Oh Golly! Oh Dang! We've got a runaway here!

And I can tell you fellers from this base of experience that on a calm day there isn't much difference but when the weather is nasty and the wind is whipping around your bum, those paper towels are far superior to a roll of t.p. And having tried every brand on the market over the years I find that Viva is the champ, even better than GI issue or dollar bills.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
1894c

Post by 1894c »

earlmck wrote:
"having tried every brand on the market over the years I find that Viva is the champ, even better than GI issue or dollar bills..."
VIVA...earlmck tested, approved...don't waste your money, use what the professionals use... :)
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

LOL --- I never ever go out without a roll in the truck --- As I've mentioned before , I'm not often in the woods anymore, -- but I spend a lot of days at dusty motocross tracks and mountain biking trailheads, - even when there is a "Pot-o-Gold" there (Porta-Can) --- the chances of being able to salvage any TP out of there is not good

--- riding either bicycle or motorcycle briskly with that kind of a problem is no good before, and if your not prepared with the necessary sanitary equipment (we called 'em "s--t tickets" when I was in the Army) - the ride can be even worse afterwards
----- Doug
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

TP and baby wipes cures saddle itch. danny
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

When I was a kid plowing fields, there was Johnson grass, kind of a broad bladed weed that looks a little like corn, growing at the femce row. We used that. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! :lol:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
1894c

Post by 1894c »

claybob86 wrote:When I was a kid plowing fields, there was Johnson grass, kind of a broad bladed weed that looks a little like corn, growing at the femce row. We used that. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! :lol:
that's the main problem with kids today...no Johnson Grass, just Charmin...nothing like organic material when the need arises to toughen' up a kid...just saying... :)
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

30wcf wrote:
claybob86 wrote:When I was a kid plowing fields, there was Johnson grass, kind of a broad bladed weed that looks a little like corn, growing at the femce row. We used that. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! :lol:
that's the main problem with kids today...no Johnson Grass, just Charmin...nothing like organic material when the need arises to toughen' up a kid...just saying... :)
Ooooh -- I'll bet you had to be a little careful with the Johnson grass to keep the edges from cutting you where it's tender.

My kid days were in the Arizona desert -- there are no plant leaves there that you'd consider "civilized". We generally searched for nice river rocks in the sand washes. Tried fig leaves once. That was a learning experience! In case you are wondering, fig leaves are not suitable for touching that tender portion of the anatomy: awful rash and itch. Friend of mine assures me that mullein leaves are in the same category. I believed him and never tried.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I carry TP and softer high quality paper towels in my Jeep. I spend long days in the bush visiting rigs and chemo has made me a rapid response expert in this important skill. I much prefer paper towels in the bush. I do remember donating a pair of briefs to the cause years ago.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Something I found about 20 years ago was, the moist hand wipes that come on a roll in the plastic bucket. I left the lid open and all the towels dried out, men that makes the best wiping cloth known to man. You can tear off several sheets and fold them up and stick them in your shirt pocket or where ever.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Gentlemen, you have just proven what I have said for years. When bad times come, the man with toilet paper will be king! Seriously, I was fortunate enough to have a dad and uncles that taught me the value of those little white squares as a kid. Now this is likely something they learned trying to use GI issued stuff during WWII.

Most books on WWII experiences gloss over this situation. One that doesn't was "Curahee, A Screaming Eagle in Normandy". The writer's description of the lack of sanitation (imagine soldiers today having to live for weeks on end with the blood and stuff from close combat on their uniforms). One description of using a knife to "scrape" their uniforms clean pretty much summed it up.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
1894c

Post by 1894c »

after reading all of the posts carefully I designed the following ad... :)
VIVA.AD.png
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

30wcf wrote:after reading all of the posts carefully I designed the following ad... :)
VIVA.AD.png
I see a future in advertising in the hunting rags for you. Imagine all the products you could hype their "alternative" uses for.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

30wcf wrote:after reading all of the posts carefully I designed the following ad... :)
VIVA.AD.png
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks pard!
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry