Goatguy, Last Mohecken, Smokeeater2 Arkansas storm?????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Goatguy, Last Mohecken, Smokeeater2 Arkansas storm?????

Post by JerryB »

Are you making it all right now? Independence county did not get hit as hard as they called for. the rain stopped last night before the temp got down. We have some ice and a couple of inches of sleet but e still have power.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Re: Goatguy, Last Mohecken, Smokeeater2 Arkansas storm?????

Post by GoatGuy »

JerryB - beginning to look like the pictures Pitchey's place around here. Glad to hear you've not had a terrible rough time of it.

Snow just stopped. Place has a deep, white blanket covering an inch of sleet. Haven't measured it just yet, but looks to be 8-10 inches of snow fell so far. Headed out now to break the ice out of the water troughs down in the pasture and put out some grain and mineral. Should have a better report after awhile.

We faired better than those to the south of us. Lots of power outages from ice breaking tree limbs and power lines. TV just reported more than 40,000 homes without power in Ft. Smith and south. Doesn't look like it's really over yet. More is expected Sunday. Temps are unbelievable. Night time temps to be below O for a week, it seems. Wind chill, who knows!

Thank goodness for a very good wood stove. Hope I have enough fuel cut and split to get through this. That's a little dicey right now. Hoping anyway, 'cause it's tough for an old man to be cutting/splitting in this weather, ...even if I could find any of last year's dead/downed oaks and walnuts buried under this snow!

Look forward to hearing from the other Arkie boys about how they're fairing.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks, good to hear you are OK up there.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

We've got about 2" of ice, sleet and snow in northern Faulkner Co. and it's cold as a witch's..........well you know. Nothing falling right now, though.

Larry
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

My son lives in Conway, he said the ice and sleet were bad driving. Are you still on patrol?? How far north of Conway??

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Goatguy,
I'm only 50 or 60 miles West of you in OK. We had a little freezing rain, then some sleet and it was all covered by 4 or 5 inches of snow. Very cold though. Just went to check and my Royal Crown Cola thermometer says 2. No wind though.
Know what you mean about the fuel supply. I've been sick for a couple of weeks and haven't re-supplied in a while but I did manage to drag a couple of logs up on the flat where the house is so I can cut and split them without the need to drag something up a hill. We'll get by as long as the power is on as I have a ground source heat pump.
The weather is keeping me from deer hunting as I would like to be. Doubt that I could manage very far in this stuff but boy it would be great for hanging one, or two.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Glad you guys are ok, don`t over do it outside or slip on the ice and break something.
We thought we found Snoopy at a dog pound down that way yesterday and if it would of been him which it wasn`t we`d of hit the road that direction.
Cold up here this morn, -25 on the thermometer, plugged the van in and filled the stove, now ya know why I`m making toys.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Sunshine! Welcome sight. 11 degrees at 9:45 a.m. No wind, just a light breeze. Dang cold, for sure.
Yard dogs insist on being in the house. Can't seem to deny them that request. Livestock guardian dog keeping a low profile in the goat shelter (he's a tough one!). Pond's freezing up. Very little for the goats to graze. Hardly any browse left for them either. Need to break down and buy me some of that high priced hay from around here!
Deer season's finished and it's way to cold for me to get in to the squirrel woods.
Right now I'm trying to keep the firewood rationed, and the heat pump off. Ain't working too well, think the weathers winning. Guess I'll just curl up with a good book, ...until this afternoon when the SEC Championship game is on.
M. M. Wright wrote:Goatguy,
... I'm only 50 or 60 miles West of you in OK.
If you're that close, how come you haven't come for a visit. Pitchy and his missus have, and they're from way the heck and gone, far up in Minnesooota!: :P But I suppose the highway does run in both directions, don't it. So if you can't make it here, maybe I'll try to get over that way after spring thaw. :)

Vinita, OK does have an interesting history. Among other things, besides being the home of our own "M.M. Wright", it was the birthplace of lawman/gun fighter/rodeo champion Tom Threepersons. It is also the final resting place of US Deputy Marshall Paden Tolbert, of Clarksville, AR, who was a member of the posse responsible for the demise of Cherokee outlaw Ned Christie. Yessir, need to get over that way sometime soon. I sure do! - John
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

JerryB wrote:My son lives in Conway, he said the ice and sleet were bad driving. Are you still on patrol?? How far north of Conway??

I'm 'bout 15 miles north of Conway. Nope not on patrol any more, I've been an investigator with the S.O. for about a year and a half now.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Next time we go to Conway maybe we can meet up. we travel 25 over to 65 then head south to Conway.