New Press

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

New Press

Post by BenT »

I was in my friends gunshop and came across this Hornady progressive press that he just took in. He wanted $200 and that is what he got out of me. According to the shipping label it was shipped in 1998 and still looked new in the original box. The previous owner loaded some 223 with it from what I can tell because of the shell holder that was in it. It also came with shell holders for 308/45 acp, 357mag and 300 win mag in unopened boxes. I am thinking he must be a recoil junky to have to crank out 300 mag on a progressive press. The only rust on the whole thing was in the powder drop tube. I polished that out . I loaded up some 45 ACP and it works like a champ. I then sold my Lee progressive to my friend for $100. So I am good. :D
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Press

Post by pwl44m »

Nice Snag, I see the barrel is on the 94, what caliber did U settle on ?
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

pwl44m wrote:Nice Snag, I see the barrel is on the 94, what caliber did U settle on ?
Perry

That is the 32 special barrel I thought I would throw together but I decided on the half octagon 30-30 instead. I need about $80 in forend parts to finish it. Maybe there will be some left over Christmas money for me.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Dirty trick selling that press to a friend! Shoulda given it to him with a written warning... :lol:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Well done :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

COOL ! Have fun! :D