TX guys--- how is JerryWorld from the cheap seats?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

TX guys--- how is JerryWorld from the cheap seats?

Post by Streetstar »

o-state is playing Mizzou in the cotton this year--- State sent me a ticket offer but i didnt get my bowl request form in in time for best seating ---- so im looking at 4th level upper deckers on the 25-30 yard line it looks like at $140 each. Price is not bad for a bowl game, but 4th level, sheesh

I know the big screen there is cool, but i have a 70"er here at the house without having to pay for parking, stadium food/beer , and a night at a hotel in Dallas. I can envision it being a $700 trip (which id gladly do for better seats---but dont know the stadium, -- some have said. "theres not a bad seat in there" and "you gotta go at least once" yada yada)
If im going to be just watching the jumbotron, i may stay home and catch one there another year w/ better seats ----- but again, not knowing the stadium, IDK

Thx in advance
----- Doug
piller
Posting leader...

Re: TX guys--- how is JerryWorld from the cheap seats?

Post by piller »

Not a CowGuys fan, so I have no experience with that monstrosity.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

I don't pay money to watch other men play with their balls. Can't help you there.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

MrMurphy wrote:I don't pay money to watch other men play with their balls. Can't help you there.
Don't knock it till you try it :) -- I never did either for the first 40 years of my life , -- a handful of trips back to campus to participate in events with my school's flying club brought me around with a renewed sense of esprit-de-corps, if you will. Plus, its one of the few things I can do with my wife that I can actually tolerate

I detest going with her to her family functions, or whatever it is she does on the weekends, -- and she has no interest in going on long, exhausting bike rides or shooting with me -- but a few weekends in the fall/winter we take in a few games and its been great for us as a couple :D
----- Doug
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Wife is exmilitary and a shooter and loves venison (she doesn't really hunt much but appreciates the end result).

She's an Eagles fan. I don't watch any professional or college sports, period. It simply does nothing for me and never has. In fact, guys I deployed with hated me after a bit because if I'd been back to 'town' i.e the main part of our base where the various office types usually had a TV or something on, they always wanted to know sports scores since they'd been stuck on watch for 12 hours staring at sand miles from anywhere.

They quickly learned that I would make up scores just to screw with them. Raiders ahead of the Cowboys 42-7? Sure they are! Bulls beating the stuff out of the Sixers 108-0? Yup!

I save my esprit de corps for the guys I served with. No one I've ever gone to school with, except a few prior service types, and a rare handful of others, have ever been worth the oxygen they've been stealing from the rest of us, in fact, I actively detest most of them.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

MrMurphy wrote: I save my esprit de corps for the guys I served with. No one I've ever gone to school with, except a few prior service types, and a rare handful of others, have ever been worth the oxygen they've been stealing from the rest of us, in fact, I actively detest most of them.
You sound like a real peach to hang with I/P :lol:
My experience has been mostly opposite. Its my military buddies who have not amounted to much outside of the Army -- bumming money, drinking too much, and blaming all their problems on Uncle Sugar -- but I don't detest them, they just didn't prepare for life adequately when it was time to put the rifle down
-- my degree is in the aviation field, perhaps we're a different breed than the folks you schooled with :lol: (or perhaps not :roll: ) -- I don't know how long you've been separated, but I went through about a 2 year period when I initially got out and started school that I felt roughly the same way, but I got over it as time went on and discovered how decidedly un-squared away my ex military buddies were in comparison to a lot of focused and driven people that I met in civilian aviation -- many of whom were ex mil themselves, but they knew how to put the rifle down , so to speak and get on with life

But, you don't like stick and ball sports , -- got it -- you drifted off topic and I followed :lol:

Surely someone on this forum from Tex has been to JErryland though and had to sit in the 4th level or checked it out ? -- If not for a game of some sort, possibly a concert or whatever ? Heck George Strait played there a few years back
----- Doug
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I think my boss is going, he gets a lot of perks for donating a few cars every year to the University. But of course they will be rooting for the good guys. :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

George Strait?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

TedH wrote:I think my boss is going, he gets a lot of perks for donating a few cars every year to the University. But of course they will be rooting for the good guys. :mrgreen:
I'm guessing his seats are likely better than 4th level :lol: -- I'll wear black and gold if he makes room in the suite for me ! :shock:
----- Doug
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

MrMurphy wrote: I save my esprit de corps for the guys I served with. No one I've ever gone to school with, except a few prior service types, and a rare handful of others, have ever been worth the oxygen they've been stealing from the rest of us, in fact, I actively detest most of them.

Please don't go down to Whoville again and steal Christmas. :lol:

Bob in Friday Harbor
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Streetstar wrote:
TedH wrote: I'll wear black and gold if he makes room in the suite for me ! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NRA Life Member
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I detest Jerry... often wonder if he dresses the cheerleaders in the football outfits and puts them on the field...

Besides, real men play Rugby. Go AllBlacks!!!

Doesn't answer your question... who's play who again?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I always tell people that miss Church to got to a game that "They give the Score on the 10 oclock news and U see the very best Plays from the very best angle." 20-30 not terrible, at least U get to switch ends. Level 4- pretty thin air. :lol:
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Streetstar wrote: ... You sound like a real peach to hang with I/P :lol:
My experience has been mostly opposite. Its my military buddies who have not amounted to much outside of the Army -- bumming money, drinking too much, and blaming all their problems on Uncle Sugar -- but I don't detest them, they just didn't prepare for life adequately when it was time to put the rifle down...

Well, Streetstar you come across as someone just fine to hang with! Sounds like you have moved on with your life in a positive way. Like your attitude, Bubba. Someday, perhaps, we'll have an opportunity to sit and have a beer, though more than likely I'll order a scotch/rocks ...if you're driving. :P OKC isn't all that far from my locale. - John

Surely someone on this forum from Tex has been to JErryland though and had to sit in the 4th level or checked it out ? -- If not for a game of some sort, possibly a concert or whatever ? Heck George Strait played there a few years back
I've attended an event there, July 2012. I'm another 3.5 hours further away from Dallas metro, and an old geezer to boot! We didn't have to sit in the 4th level, but from what I observed, it didn't appear as if there really is "a bad seat in the house". Heck, if you have the time and where-with-all, buy a couple of tickets and take your wife on a nice get away to Big D. Go a day early, hop down to West End, have a nice meal together and catch some tunes at one of the bars. What's the problem! It's a special event, not just another college football game. Besides that, no telling when OK State will ever get another bowl offering! :wink: - John
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Griff wrote:I detest Jerry...
Griff, you surprise me. If you've not met Jerry, or had business dealings with Jerry, or listened to Jerry regal a cocktail party audience with stories all about himself, or any of a myriad of other type opportunities to be around him I'm surprised you could hold such a severe opinion. I'm certainly not a Jerry fan, and may probably know more about him than you do. But detest him ...NO. Likely he wouldn't care what you or I thought of him even if he were to know.

I wouldn't want to spend any time around Jerry or with others of his ilk and ego. Having done that a great many times in my life it just isn't something I would ever care to do again. I would just describe my attitude about him as, since he ain't "my kind of cat" why let him bother me to that degree.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

You can see from just about anywhere in the stadium. I've only attended one pro game in my life, and it was the very first game at that stadium. The place is huge, but has a good field of view from any seat in the house. However, the people on the floor get very small the further up you go. And it doesn't matter where you sit, the big screen is very imposing. I was on the end where I couldn't even see the big screen, but they have a smaller screen on each end facing the endzones, and even those are hard not to look at. They are as big as most stadiums' main jumbotron. Personally, I don't like to go there at all. Too many people (idiots) for my taste, but it is impressive if you like that sort of thing. Parking is a nightmare. When we went, we parked at the Texas Rangers ballpark "across the street", and still had to pay $25 to park, and walk about a mile to get to Jerryworld.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

GoatGuy wrote:[. Someday, perhaps, we'll have an opportunity to sit and have a beer, though more than likely I'll order a scotch/rocks ...if you're driving. :P OKC isn't all that far from my locale. - John[/color][/b]

: - John

Thanks Goatguy --- that would be great !

shooter wrote:Too many people (idiots) for my taste, but it is impressive if you like that sort of thing. Parking is a nightmare. When we went, we parked at the Texas Rangers ballpark "across the street", and still had to pay $25 to park, and walk about a mile to get to Jerryworld.
I heard this too, ---

Ultimately , decided not to go --- should be a great game with well matched teams . Got ahold of another fan who told me he had 4th level seats for a Dallas Cowboys game and it put him right at eye level with the giant TV and it was hard to see anything on the field, -- although , he again said it was a great time .
OSU plays Fla State there next year so I am going to start lobbying a little earlier for decent seats --- Fl State is darn good though - hate to see my team lose :cry: :oops: -- but you never know whats going to happen with sport -- which is what I like about it , -- take a 15 point underdog and they will fight like a cornered badger to prove everyone wrong, just like OU did to OSU over the weekend

Thanks for the input everyone --- I think im gonna put the $$$ saved into a home improvement fund or something (home improvement = code for expanded reloading room :) )
----- Doug
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Anybody going to answer my question?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Mescalero wrote:Anybody going to answer my question?

George Strait is one of the good guys ! :lol: ,

I'll be rooting for Oklahoma State from the comfort of my sofa in front of my tv in walking distance of my own food -- I figure for the price of 6 beers at JerryLand (8$ apiece) I can stock my cooler/fridge pretty well
----- Doug
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:?: