1925 Winchester 94

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
45Colt
Levergunner

1925 Winchester 94

Post by 45Colt »

Does anyone have any info on this Winchester please? It appears to be a custom order rifle but any info is appreciated.

Thank you

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/what-is-t ... tml#334188
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 1925 Winchester 94

Post by BigSky56 »

Go with the info the guy gave on the site you provided. danny
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

yea, its reblued refinished wood, key ring for a saddle ring, replaced sights, "custom" engraved buttplate, all done by a guy who bought a do-it-yourself home checkering kit. This translates into j-u-n-k.

That will be $20 please.----------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

45Colt,

Bert Hartman has spent some time with Winchesters. He co-authored a book on them:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =381622009

Bert is a little blunt, most times. However, if you give him a serial number, then he may be able to tell you a lot more about that rifle.

Also, Pauline Muerrle was the very last engraver that worked for Winchester. If you want to know even more about Winchesters, then get this book:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =382214004

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
45Colt
Levergunner

Post by 45Colt »

Thanks all. I posted this before I heard back from Bert. I know he is the man and has always been very gracious with his time and answers.

Thankfully I didn't get burned on this gun as I bought it low. It is a vintage rifle that appears to be "duded up" by someone a long time ago (and it has not been reblued by the way) so I plan on keeping it and I think its kind of cool, although obviously it would have been better if it was original.

Thanks for the feedback!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

45Colt wrote:Thanks all. I posted this before I heard back from Bert. I know he is the man and has always been very gracious with his time and answers.

Thankfully I didn't get burned on this gun as I bought it low. It is a vintage rifle that appears to be "duded up" by someone a long time ago (and it has not been reblued by the way) so I plan on keeping it and I think its kind of cool, although obviously it would have been better if it was original.

Thanks for the feedback!
Nothing wrong with "bubba'd" guns... as long as they didn't touch those things that would preclude it from being a good shooter.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:
45Colt wrote:Thanks all. I posted this before I heard back from Bert. I know he is the man and has always been very gracious with his time and answers.

Thanks for the feedback!
Nothing wrong with "bubba'd" guns... as long as they didn't touch those things that would preclude it from being a good shooter.
If you like it, and it shoots pretty good, that's all that matters. Old doesn't have to mean perfectly preserved in original condition. :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

^ ^
What Blaine said.

I have a 20's 94 that was quite thrashed when I got it. I've done some work on it to get it presentable and usable. I couldn't care less if it isn't perfectly original, I wouldn't be into it nearly as cheap as I am if it was. Its one of my favorite guns.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I like Bubbas, or else I couldn't afford pre-64 Winchesters or Lee Enfields.

The trick is not to pay for a collector and get a shooter. Glad you dodged that bullet, pun intended.

Nice shooter and a lot of charm, congrats.