Once again theres harmony in the world !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Once again theres harmony in the world !

Post by 6pt-sika »

And you say what brought this about ? Well I'll tell you . The 88 car won the Daytona 500 and under the lights no less . I may be on the other side of the world but once I found out about the rain delay I stayed abreast of what was going on at the race once they restarted 8)
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Once again theres harmony in the world !

Post by Streetstar »

88, is that Little E ? If so, its about time!
----- Doug
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Yep, Junbug won it!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I watched the whole race, most of the rain delay program too. This was a good old dust up type race. It almost seems as if NASCAR has backed off some of the goofy rules they made up in recent years.
Jr's win was a legitimate win. No BS about it. Way to go Junior.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I had been looking forward to this race for 3 months, then 2 weeks ago they told me at work I was going to switch shifts and weekends permanently(which means Mrs Fordwannabe and I will be off the same weekends for the first time in over a year yeah). "No Problem" says I then I keep thinking, "wait there's something I want to do that weekend." Uh Uh uh "Oh stuff". So I was at work 6am -630pm thinking I was missing the race. Rain delay was fantastic for me got to see almost the whole thing from the restart. I am happy for Jr, but still want to see Bayne step out this year and wear a bigboy firesuit. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Lost my interest when they switched to plastic cars and tube frames. I liked it when they raced REAL Fords, Chevys & Dodges!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Griff wrote:Lost my interest when they switched to plastic cars and tube frames. I liked it when they raced REAL Fords, Chevys & Dodges!
You mean when the Intimidator was making a name for himself ! Still peeves me that Childress put his grand kid in the 3 car :(
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

i live maybe 8.5 miles from the track as the crow flies....
and it rained ....poured...maybe an hour or so at my house....
but the track got hammered.....
i was happy jr won....All my favorite drives blew up!
the only driver i dont care for is kyle busch...
I think there were only 10 or so cars that made it through the race without a scratch....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

RIHMFIRE wrote:i live maybe 8.5 miles from the track as the crow flies....
I think there were only 10 or so cars that made it through the race without a scratch....
I've been to the Daytona track once and it wasn't for a race matter of fact it was a year after Earnhardt was killed . I surely would have loved to see him go around that track in person .
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

We used to go to Talledega. The last trip we made was when #3 had his one and only win there. That was a great race. I don't think anyone in the stands used their seat once during the entire race. I hear a lot of people trash Nascar as being boring, just cars going round in circles. Maybe, at times. However, I think anyone who is into motorsports should attend at least one super speedway race. It is something to see. Forty cars going past you at nearly 200 mph is something you won't soon forget. The whole thing is quite the spectacle.

Kevin
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Mac in Mo wrote:We used to go to Talledega. The last trip we made was when #3 had his one and only win there. That was a great race. I don't think anyone in the stands used their seat once during the entire race. I hear a lot of people trash Nascar as being boring, just cars going round in circles. Maybe, at times. However, I think anyone who is into motorsports should attend at least one super speedway race. It is something to see. Forty cars going past you at nearly 200 mph is something you won't soon forget. The whole thing is quite the spectacle.

Kevin
One ? He won a good deal more then one race at Talledega . He only won the Daytona 500 once but he won a good many more at Daytona as well as Talledega .
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Yes. I was wrong. Wrong track. Memory going fast, posting too late at night.

Kevin
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

6pt-sika wrote:
I've been to the Daytona track once and it wasn't for a race matter of fact it was a year after Earnhardt was killed . I surely would have loved to see him go around that track in person .
been to the track a bunch of times for races...a couple of cup races...nationwide, trucks...which are great...
arca, and remember iroc...plus practice....but its way better on tv...
The rolex 24 hour....which is more of a 24 hour bbq and party...
Motorcycle races and the turkey rod run...which is a great car show and a must see...
I used to do a lot of work there....
Designed the original offices and welcome center outside of turn 4...(Daytona USA was done by someone else)
media center...inside the track
medical/first aid stations, ticket booth out front...concession stands etc......and ADA stuff...
and now they are doing a 400 million dollar addition out front...and accross the street

Earnhardt was something else.......I watched him sign autographs for a few hours at another local short track...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I got clobbered by the hail for about 15 minutes ... then the rain wore on for another hour.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
I got clobbered by the hail for about 15 minutes ... then the rain wore on for another hour.
I hope your cars were in the garage
been shooting lately?
I went skeet shooting Sunday
but I need to take the 92 out one day!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
hosehead
Levergunner

Post by hosehead »

I wish Tony would have won after his year off but it just wasnt so. That being said I was glad Dale jr won compared to Brad or Jimmy.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

At least he's on the right team now.
Jr. should hug Hamlin's neck for blocking the 24 car :D
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

vancelw wrote:At least he's on the right team now.
Jr. should hug Hamlin's neck for blocking the 24 car :D
I am no advocate of Hendricks but I like the 88 car . As far as I'm concerned the 24 and the 48 could drop off the face of the earth deep into a hole straight to h..l and I could care less , same for Hamlin and the Busch brats .
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

RIHMFIRE wrote:
Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
I hope your cars were in the garage
been shooting lately?
I went skeet shooting Sunday
but I need to take the 92 out one day!
Outside for two of them but the hail was only about M&M size so there are no dings or dents that I can see. There were a few marble sized pieces but they were very sporadic.

I've only been to the indoor range in the last year and that was just to take some noobs shooting to show them how various types of handguns work. I've been doing some hobby electrical design stuff and so I've not focused on guns or reloading lately. I'll wander back eventually. All of my money lately seems to go to house, cars, wife, and kids. Kids especially as they get older. I had naively thought they would cost less the older they got.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Glad an old driver won it and not a some teen.. Though having a teen win it would be the scripters w&t dream...Nascar's obsession with youth turns my stomach...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that many on this board are NASCAR fans, great diversity of interests here.

Let me start by saying I was a Ned Jarrett fan before I was a Dale Jarrett fan, so I've been watching for a while.

For me the beginning of the end was NASCAR whoring after Toyota's money. The common template cars didn't help, and we won't even talk about the COT. Moving the Southern 500 off Labor Day weekend was pure evil, that one dates back to the very beginnings of NASCAR.

Not to say NASCAR doesn't have a long history of manipulating the rules. Chevy MKIV engines in '63 before anyone outside the factory had even seen one, same thing a couple years later with the new Hemi. Letting Ford reinforce the unibody Fairlanes with a subframe in '67 so they could race them instead of the Galaxie against the 'tween sized MOPARS. It just went downhill from there, modified wheelbases on streamliner T-birds, Olds grills on any brand GM for certain races, widened tails on Lumina coupes, and probably dozens more I don't remember. Don't even get me started on restrictor plates.

I don't watch much anymore. Just a few races like Pocono, and the road courses. On the good side I get a lot more done on Sundays.

Post by BrentD »

It is interesting, the diversity of opinions on NASCAR these days.

I never used to watch it - I had absolutely no interest in the game at all. Most of the drivers struck me as jerks and many still do. But a couple years ago I had a race on in my shop just to keep me company while I worried a piece of walnut into a gunstock or some such. And along the way, I started paying attention as the driving got pretty intense and the finish was a spectacular trading back and forth in the last couple of laps and someone won by whisker.

Well, that was interesting. I didn't, and still don't, know squat about racing but the race was exciting and some skill and strategy was pretty evident. And the guy that won seemed like a decent dude - Keslowski it was - his first race and win though someone tried to run him off the track at the finish but he gutted it out.

So, I watched another and it was good too, especially at the end and no one had to wreck. And so I watched another then another. And pretty soon, I was looking forward to NASCAR races. And I decided that a few of those drivers weren't jerks after all.

So, yeah, I really enjoyed this year's Daytona. It was won in style with an exhibition of great driving and strategy down to the very last lap. And a good guy won it. What's not to like?

I think I'll watch another this Sunday while I blue a barrel and build a few match accouterments.