Happy Birthday Kiddo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Happy Birthday Kiddo

Post by madman4570 »

Lets see what can daddy buy for the daughter ?

Some clothes ? Na
Stereo ? Na
Wee Curling iron ? Na

I know a rear end kicking Turkey gun. :D

Looked all over, call all over, boy stuff is getting expensive.

Found at Kittery Trading Post the one :wink:

A 24" barreled Browning BPS NWTF special edition 3.5" 12ga in Mossy Oak Break up camo,Hi-Viz fiber optic sights,Camo dura touch armor coating on all metal.
94% condition, guy said looks new. How much how bout she came in at just tad over 5 C notes. :shock:

If she can shot her 5lb 3" mag H&R Ultra-light hunter and like it with hot slugs :lol: then she can shoot this. Load her with some Heavy Shot # 5's 2.25oz loads. 80yds ?? Honey take the shot! :lol: Just pull your back a tad away from being tight against the tree. :wink:

Made at the Miroku plant in Japan!

If she don't like it I will give her my mint Browning BPS Upland 3" 12ga with all the invector tubes plus my Briley Extreme Range choke Tube. That gun is camo too, made at Miroku .
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Happy Birthday Kiddo

Post by Blaine »

Good Dad......One tough Daughter 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Here is my way of thinking on this one.
My daughter is 5' 9" about 135lbs and yes she is sure a looker! :lol: Proud papa! It is the Norwegian decent! :wink:
I am thinking for some things a dedicated firearm can sure sometimes help to making a meal of meat.
She could always shoot 3" and even lower recoil if that had to be the case. It won't be though.

But, for turkey the gun does not have to be extremely light since she will be going to her ground blind and just sitting with it.
The 24" barrel is fairly easy to carry and the extreme range choke will give her long shots if that big old Tom only comes in so far.

Being a girl and ya she likes stuff with a little cool factor at that age figure it doesn't hurt having a NWTF edition and again the Browning stuff coming out of the Japan plant from about everything I have ever witnessed has been exceptional.

I looked at the Weatherby PA-459 Turkey, made in Turkey but couple of my friends said that does not even come close in quality to the browning and would run about $725 shipped.

I called the Ithaca plant and they do not have one single Camo Turkey gun available, We did the dealer search too nothing. They are having a ongoing problem with that camo paint finish material provider. Their plain jane black gun for turkey is $1080

So bang for the buck I thought this one was about tops in a quality weapon that works best deal.

Kittery has always evaluated their stuff really low, meaning if they say it is 94% it is basically as new.

$25 for them to ship to my FFL dealer who already faxed their FFL copy to Kittery and my FFL dealer should have gun for me to pick up by next Tuesday.

Her gun will look identical to this one but will be the 3.5" 12ga
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =395840916
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You guys AND gals sure take shooting Turkeys seriously, makes me wonder how the Pilgrims ever managed.... :shock:
Still I'm pleased your daughter is into guns and hunting........ :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

game keeper wrote:You guys AND gals sure take shooting Turkeys seriously, makes me wonder how the Pilgrims ever managed.... :shock:
Still I'm pleased your daughter is into guns and hunting........ :D
She is such a little trooper.
Last season each night after work (Science Teacher)she would run home change and out to the blind.
She was waiting for a monster to beat pops! :lol: And she let some big ones go. She sent me a cell phone text/video of them. :lol:

She said "you know dad, I just love being out in the woods by myself, it's so peaceful and calming.
I like my blind though in my chair nice and warm with my extra insulation wrap not like you sitting out in the open on the bare ground. :lol:
She said "I really want to try Spring Turkey cause I just can't wait till next deer season".
Bless her heart! So, that is where we are!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Madman, I've had a few female hunting buddies over the years, all darn fine shots too :oops: but I've never known a female so passionate about hunting on her own as your daughter, she's quite a girl. I sure hope she gets that "monster".. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

game keeper wrote:Madman, I've had a few female hunting buddies over the years, all darn fine shots too :oops: but I've never known a female so passionate about hunting on her own as your daughter, she's quite a girl. I sure hope she gets that "monster".. :D
Thank you Sir!

What really impressed me about this kid was the very first day several years back of her deer hunting experience I was going to change my tactics how I usually hunt. Meaning go at little easier than hiking a steep rugged mountain at 5am and let her hunt the low lands and even offered to have a blind for her. She said nope, lets hunt just like you would without me being present. I said you have to understand this is not a walk in the park. She said no problem. That day it was cold, I mean really cold. She shows up at my place at 4am :lol: got the complete outfit on I mean she bought the good stuff from cabela's and looked like she could walk on the moon.

About a quarter mile into it she stops ties her heavy coat around her waist and now she has only her top thermals with an orange vest on hiking. We finally get to the spot. She has heard from me probably since being born you can't this, you can't that when hunting.
I whisper to her you might want to put your top jacket back on now before day break cause then you know the deal. She said I am fine.
That kid sat there for the first 4hrs and did not make one single noise. She sat there and let doe and two smaller bucks walk by and stayed strong. At about 10am I crept over to her spot which I was only about 50ft away viewing over different angle ridge and she then said " can I move my feet" ?? " think I might now put my other coat on" I about went to tears. What a tough kid.
I said, this hunt should be about having fun too for gods sake. That day she hunted as hard as any man I ever hunted with.
Next day I told the wife, I bet she don't show up tomorrow because yesterday was one cold tough day. Next day at 4am guess you pulls up in the driveway? She is a tough gal.

now they have their own place(good hunting)but she did say "got myself a quick set blind, and a chair" that makes all the difference. :lol: During the hunt she texted me in her blind with some type blanket wrap thing around her, her smiling in the pic giving a thumbs up with texted words saying "dad get your rear off the ground and get into the 21 century" she is a corker. :lol:

What did just recently do for herself as a little something for herself ? Without BF even knowing, went and picked out a new riflescope herself "Nikon 3x9x44mm for her Model 70 .243" then mounted it and sighted it in. BF said "ya she shoots better than I do and anything the size of a quarter at 100yds is dead meat" :lol: :wink:
Kid is not only smart and a looker but she also has got game! :D Makes me proud, I am sure the wife will get her something else for her birthday and she said did you really have to spend("she thinks" $550 on some other gun for her? ) she don't know about the $25 to ship, $40 to receive, about $100 in ammo, good sling, good gun case, and some other stuff so really about double that. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I said in an instant without a thought-----Yes! :wink: Bet she shoots the 3.5" shells too knowing this gal.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Oh boy got a call it is in going to get it now.
We will see if it is a 75yd killer?
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Wouldn't have believed it.
Yes, 75yds and its a dead bird.
I took the exact measurements of one of my full turkey mounts(its head,neck)at correct height and drew it on a large piece of cardboard. Even colored it in like the real thing. Sort of!
Shooting 2 1/4 Oz of #4's HEVI-shot , HEVI-13
That bird wouldn't know what hit him.
I am going to try 85 and 95 yards next just to see ???????? :lol:

Kick, so,so! my 300 win mag in my model 70 kicks worse.

80yds, I know it would give kill hits by looking at what it did at 75yds.

That blows my mind! :mrgreen:

Maybe I better keep this one and give daughter my BPS Upland Special 12ga 3" (English straight stock) :lol:
That with X-full choke is a 50yd killer. But 80yds :o :lol:

na, that wouldn't be fair. Both have the 22" barrels. They really do make nice stuff.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

For those wanting to know where which model Browning's are and have been made!
https://www.browning.com/customerservic ... .asp?id=90
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Happy birthday to her! :)
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Happy Birthday to your Daughter!