Kel-Tec Sub 2000 coming in. It is here!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 coming in. It is here!

Post by piller »

I had recently ordered a Kel-Tec sub 2000 from CDNN Sports, and I got a call today that it is coming in. They are hard to find right now, and I am getting the one in .40 S&W caliber that used Glock magazines. I have a Glock 22, and this is intended to be a companion piece to it. I must pick it up at a LGS and sign the forms. Pictures to follow when it comes in.
Last edited by piller on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Kel-Tec Sub 2000 coming in.

Post by AJMD429 »

THAT is cool. One of those has been on my want-list for awhile, just never got to the top of the list and actually bought. Gotta admit I don't "need" one, but they seem to be a very practical, if not pretty, firearm; kind of like the Glock they partner with.

Looking forward to details.

How long from ordering to getting...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Very, very nice! If it comes out in 45acp, I might have to bite.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Love all mine!
All are in .40S&W and Glock mags.
Something kinda cool about carrying a carbine in this! (doesn't show either)
But weighs less than laptop :lol:
Just that factor to me is worth ah lets say a grand! :wink:
That little front pocket on case, a Hefty kitchen trash bag.
Ever get caught in drenching rain, in kitchen bag,back in case and whatever.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-VNA-21 ... PQWX4S73Y0

see weight
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspir ... ifications

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/sub-2000/rifle/

1.8kg is 3.96832lbs
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I just picked it up today. I already took it apart and put it back together. So far, I like it. It has a lot of steel in it and it seems very solid. I am off next week on Thursday, so I will have to wait until then for a range report.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

piller wrote:I just picked it up today. I already took it apart and put it back together. So far, I like it. It has a lot of steel in it and it seems very solid. I am off next week on Thursday, so I will have to wait until then for a range report.

How did you like the bolt ? Heavy enough. :lol:
Interesting how its different than an AR15 in the aspect how its designed and handles generated recoil.
However, shooting everything through it and lots of it, guns hold up just fine.

If you want to shoot clover leak groups at 50yds grab some grey box Magtech 180gr FMJ stuff.
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Re: Kel-Tec Sub 2000 coming in. It is here!

Post by MrMurphy »

Not a new idea, and not a new design (the original Sub-9 and Sub-40 came first). They fill a role, if you need the absolute smallest shoulder weapon for close range work without going to a SBR. Accurate 'enough' out to about 100m or so. I've shot them on and off over the last 10 or 15 years, though I've never owned one.

You will never ever see them in large numbers though, due to how Kel-Tec builds things, unless the massively upgraded their production facilities. They build one type of gun like crazy for a while, then stop and make something else. So you'll find no Sub-2000's out for most of a year. Then a batch....then pow they're gone again. If they did a deal like they did with the P3AT and the Ruger LCP and had a larger company make them.....maybe.

A niche gun, but an interesting design. I never much cared for the bolt location, it's hard to fully crank for me, but it works.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Grandson Jerry3 bought one in 9mm about a year ago. It has never had a failure at the range. With my 75 year old eyes I can use the sights on it just fine, I was hitting small rocks on the 200yard line with out any trouble. A very fine weapon.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

To me these are the perfect cross-country-road-trip-get-home carbine. I can put mine folded in the bottom of a suit case with a half dozen 33rds Glock mags and never know it's there unless I need it. Mine's in 9mm, carry a Glock 17, and has never failed to cycle any kind of ammo I run thru it. If they could only figure out a way to mount a micro-red dot and still fold the carbine it would be absolutely perfect.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.