Canteens

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Canteens

Post by GonnePhishin »

Looking for a good old fashioned stainless steel canteen like I had when I was in the Grub Scouts, many moons ago. Or like you'd see in the old western movies, preferably 2 quarts. Anyone have any experience with these? Don't want no plastic or aluminum or no water bottles like them yuppies carry. Any thoughts?
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Canteens

Post by Mescalero »

I have seen them in the mining supply stores in Phx.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Mescalero: Can you give me the names of any of them? Perhaps they have a web address I can visit.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

I just did a search on Amazon using the keywords "stainless steel canteen"

Found several good possibilities. There's a couple of military style and several of the old style round canteens with cloth/canvas covers.

I think that last one is what you're looking for.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Wescoger: Your suggestion is what I originally did before posting and really didn't see anything like what I want but perhaps I missed 'em. I'll have to look again. Thanks.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

https://www.google.com/search?q=stainle ... 72&bih=575

usually you can link to the website from these images

I'm in the market too and the one I am interested in has a matching cup, and can be used on a stove to cook; fits in regular canteen covers too.

http://www.canteenshop.com/kits.html

Grizz
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Hey Grizz,
Thanks for the link to the Canteen shop. Looks like nice stuff and not too outrageous of a price:)

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

After that, I figure you don't need my help.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

you're very welcome.

I haven't decided but I like the wide mouth canteen and the cup. don't need the little fire stand 'cause I have a kelly kettle that I can sit the canteen on, or just in the fire.

Let me know if you order soon, I'll wait for your field report...

Grizz
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

They're all over the ebay...........I bought one a couple of months ago for $10 with free shipping. Go there and jes type in boy scout canteen
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Thanks to all who replied. As soon as I purchase something, I will post a report on the quality of the merchandise. :)

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Lassiter wrote:They're all over the ebay...........I bought one a couple of months ago for $10 with free shipping. Go there and jes type in boy scout canteen
I saw a lot of plastic and aluminum canteens, didn't find any stainless canteens with the cups. Did you?
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BobM »

I've done business with the Canteen Shop a couple of times and plan to do so again.
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

If you want a couple stainless USGI Arctic canteens, shoot me a PM. Cover shipping and I will send for free