Sig Sauer 1911/45

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Sig Sauer 1911/45

Post by pwl44m »

Picked this up this morning. Not really much to tell, the pics say more.
This is what happens when U listen to Ur Wife. I had looked at it before and hem/hawed about buying it. We left the store and as We were driving away Wife says "if U want it why don't U just go buy it, Ur Birthday is coming up". So around the block We go and start the paperwork. Been kinda looking for another 45 anyhow and this one filled the bill. Now I pick My Barretta PX4/ 40 cal on Friday. I figure One caint have too many Handguns. I don't have Stocks and Bonds so I consider My Guns as My Portfolio. I haven't had a Gun yet that has lost value. Don't know when I will get to shoot this one. A 45 is a little different than a 22 in the back yard. This is a used Gun so I saved sales tax ($75)
Perry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Sig Sauer 1911/45

Post by carbluesnake »

Is 10 too many?
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

carbluesnake wrote:Is 10 too many?
If it is I am way way over My limit. lol I have 1/2 that many 45s
Perry
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Very nice :mrgreen:
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Do the SIGS have an internal extractor or external one?
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Very Nice Bday present. I don't think you can go wrong with a Sig or a 45.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

UncleBuck wrote:Do the SIGS have an internal extractor or external one?
External.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I looked at those a while back at my local store. It was the smoothest 1911 I've ever seen.

Congratulations.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Indeed it does have an external extractor. Truth be known I had to go look. While I had it out playing with it I noticed it has a very positive slide stop in that I had to really pull hard on the slide to get it to release. The recoil spring seems very stiff and maybe that is how it is supposed to be. I think I am going to like this Gun although I don't care much for the grip panels. Kinda want something in a wood or maybe Ivory (simulated for now) whatever turns up.
Perry
P.S. Rusty, what is the retail price on these where U are ?
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Bluesnake brought up a good question, in this new era of income inequality being unfair, it must also be unfair if you have more firearms than I Do. :lol: God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

rodeo kid wrote:Bluesnake brought up a good question, in this new era of income inequality being unfair, it must also be unfair if you have more firearms than I Do. :lol: God Bless.
All is Fair in Love and War Rodeo and I Love You. There ' feel better ! Besides Who told U I have more Guns than U ? I had the pleasure of seeing a FN usa 45 today with 15 round mag and threaded. Caint buy em here though.
I am doing the Drywall for a Guy that is getting His Manufacturer License mainly for ARs but He is supposed to be getting some 1911 frames. I want one or 2.
Perry