1876 Winchester rifles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

1876 Winchester rifles

Post by Dusty Texian »

Here are two of my 1876 Winchester rifles. Both are 28"octagon barrels full mag. Sporting rifles circa 1884 and 1888 .Winchester midrange tang sights on both.one is 45-75wcf the other a 45-60wcf. Really like shooting the old Winchesters,,,,,Dusty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Re: 1876 Winchester rifles

Post by Centennial »

I also have a Centennial Winchester. Serial number in the 200 range. My photo won't post here, to big I guess.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

Hey Centennial, that is a low serial # gun. Must be an opentop,45-75. The1876s are my favorite. My 45-75 is a very accurate rifle . I use bullets cast from a original Winchester mould 350gr. and loaded with Winchester tong tool. Over a case full of Swiss 2ff . The old big Winchesters are like dinasours ,but they are Cool. I have to srink my pics to get them to load here. Not very good pics ,but all I know how to do,,,,,,,Dusty
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

Yes it is, open top, 28" round barrel, no cartridge marking as the early ones were all 45-75.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

Sure would like to see a pic. of it. Does it have the extended point of the buttplate toe?I know some of the early guns did. ,,,,Dusty
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Centennial the easy way to resize it to send a email to someone and attach the photo when the comp asks to resize the pic to make it smaller to send click yes then right click on the attachment on the email and save it back to your pics folder then cancel the email as in donot send it. then go to your pics folder and click on the pic properties and see if its 150kb or smaller(have done 200kb) then at the bottom of a post is a area about upload attachments follow the directions. generally if you resize a pic to 640x480 it will meet the attachment rules. Nikon & cannon have a good program free online you can download for resizing I like to take a pic in the max size then resize it keeps the images sharp and color good. danny
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BigSky56 wrote:Centennial the easy way to resize it to send a email to someone and attach the photo when the comp asks to resize the pic to make it smaller to send click yes then right click on the attachment on the email and save it back to your pics folder then cancel the email as in donot send it.
. . . or just email it to yourself. . . :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

them look pretty good to me, I blew it up 300% Ive never had a 76 & im sure you have to do some
serious looking to come up with a pair like them

ollogger
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

olloger Pard , I had to do some wishin, lookin , finagilin, and dealin ,to get them two. They are my Favorites. Glad you like em ,,,,,Dusty
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sweet old rifles!!! 8)