Is It Just Me Or-

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Is It Just Me Or-

Post by piller »

I have noticed that in most all media, a white man is now presented as an idiot or a lecher. It seems that a black woman is the only one nowadays who knows anything about life, if you believe what the movies and TV say.
I call myself a Christian, and I do try to follow the life led by GOD's word when the word walked the Earth as a man. I have not been able to meet the standards set forth by the living word, and must ask forgiveness daily. I have known preachers who failed, and they usually repented and turned their life back toward GOD. I don't demand perfection of any of my fellow humans, but I do expect for them to at least try to hold onto some sort of moral code that will help with keeping a civilized society stay civil. None of us are perfect. The ones who think it is their duty to break up someone's marriage by sleeping with someone who is married, the ones who try to stir up trouble based on whose ancestors might have done what to whom, the ones who try to force you to become a menber of their particular religion or abuse you in some way if you won't, and those who just don't care at all what happens to others as long as they are OK are the groups whom I pray for daily. I pray for myself even more. I might fit in there somewhere and not even realize it.

The Cowboy Church I go to, Lone Star Cowboy Church of Red Oak, TX, is a strong advocate of forgiveness. If you cannot forgive imperfections in yourself and others, then you will have a miserable life. My wife, PillHer, sure does forgive a lot from me. 25 years of marriage and we are still together. We don't always agree, but we find a way to work through it.

That is probably the main point of my rambling. Even if you do not agree, then find a way to work through it. I think I could sit down over a cup of coffee with any member on Leverguns and have a good conversation. Well, except for Blaine---we would have a great conversation.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

BlaineG wrote:There are lot's of good Ladies out there. Almost all of them are happily married.
True. If you want to understand women try this. I'm reading it now.
http://www.amazon.com/Only-Revised-Upda ... 1601424450
Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

AJMD429 wrote:Instead of "for better or worse, sickness and health, and until death do us part", their mindset seems to be "for awhile, as long as things are going well and you make money, or until I meet someone I think is cuter..." :roll:

Sad to say, the "Greatest Generation" unfortunately was the recipient of a heretofore unheard standard of living, which they earned through innovation, hard work, invention, and war. Then they raised a "Boomer" generation that (even though I'm a part of) had an unprecedented percentage of just plain spoiled-rotten, materialistic fools. So many of that generation were too busy trying to out-do their parents in the 'material wealth' department, that they raised a bunch of hippie-rebels who had no concept of what the U.S.A. really was all about, or what made it unique; all that mattered was Peace and Love, man, and nobody should have to work or be responsible. Now we're dealing with their kids and grandkids, and generation upon generation of Democrat-subsidized 'single moms', and Republican-subsidized dope dealers. Reagan said a Free Nation can die in just a couple generations, and we're seeing the truth of that.

We need to get back to where people are held to their commitments, and held responsible for their own actions, thievery, drugs, work, or lack thereof (and those who do act responsibly aren't taxed to death to give handouts and 'treatment programs' and so on to the rest).

We also need to get back to where the Church enforces morality that is real, instead of the politicians, with their hypocrisy, and the police, with their destructive force.

I don't see it happening though, unfortunately... :(

Temptation has ALWAYS been around since people first started making tools others could steal, or chewing on coca leaves and smoking poppy seeds, and married men and women a thousand years ago looked over the fence at the person next door, and sometimes went astray. We blame the scanty fashions and economy and drugs, and yes they are the 'bait', but the real problem is that we have a society of individuals FAR too willing to violate basic Biblical teachings.
Exactly.
It seems, for a lot of people world wide, the Bible has been rewritten.
The first commandment now ends with "except power or profit."
"Render unto Caesar" now ends with "unless you don't feel like it."
Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein