Price of blackpowder?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Price of blackpowder?

Post by jnyork »

I am going to sell some Goex 3F and wonder what is a fair price per pound, I have googled around some and cant seem to get any good info. Thanks.
BrentD

Re: Price of blackpowder?

Post by BrentD »

Depends on vintage and quantity as well as the "model" (Cartridge, Express, etc.). For generic old Goex 3f, a few lbs or so, $10/lb would be a very good price (for the seller) in my opinion, assuming all that you have is of the same batch number. If it is from the early 2000's maybe less, that stuff was pretty bad.

I assume you are selling locally so you don't need to ship. But if not, you are, of course, aware there are some rules to know about.

Good luck,
Brent
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

jnyork wrote:I am going to sell some Goex 3F and wonder what is a fair price per pound, I have googled around some and cant seem to get any good info. Thanks.
I would be interested in buy some of your BP. Where in Arizona are you ?
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Lefty Dude wrote:
jnyork wrote:I am going to sell some Goex 3F and wonder what is a fair price per pound, I have googled around some and cant seem to get any good info. Thanks.
I would be interested in buy some of your BP. Where in Arizona are you ?

Sorry, still in Wyoming, wont be in Yuma until about the 25th.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

The cheapest you can get it around here is 12.50 a pound if you order 25 pounds.
I ordered some from Graf's (or Midway, oldtimer's is kicking in :? ) for 15 a pound last month and got free haz-mat shipping.
Isn't Goex or Scheutzen about half as much as Swiss?

Bass Pro sells Goex for 26 a pound. They keep it in a magazine in the back and you have to ask for it.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle