JFK Assassination Special on NewsmaxTV

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

JFK Assassination Special on NewsmaxTV

Post by jd45 »

Did anybody watch this @ 9:00E; 8:00C; 349 on DirectTV; 223 on Dish. I thought it was pretty interesting. A Mob hitman named James Files supposedly provided the 2nd, (!) head shot from the front on the grassy knoll & his partner delivered the first from the book depository.The CIA, & some Cubans who got skunked on the invasion were involved along with the mob, supposedly. jd45
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: JFK Assassination Special on NewsmaxTV

Post by JerryB »

I watched on TV the day it happened in 1963, that was enough.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Yeah, what Jerry said..in black and white..got out of school early that day and got in a few extra hours of deer hunting.. Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

JerryB wrote:
I watched on TV the day it happened in 1963, that was enough.

Yep, once was enough for me - I was in the service then, and EVERYONE got a RTB call, as panic spread (The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming).

There was nothing else on every TV channel, for at least a week or more, afterward - including watching Jack Ruby shoot Oswald as he was being transported down some hallway.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, as long as the gov't keeps what it knows secret, we'll have theories. Even then, we'll have doubts.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Who profitted in money or power. Who had the power to authorize altering the body between Dallas an Bethesda?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

James Files claims to have used a Remington bolt action pistol in .222 featuring mercury tipped bullet. This would explain why Kennedy's head exploded. Files is said to have fired from the grassy knoll. Oswald was involved but not as a shooter.

I always assumed LBJ was behind JFK's murder. But organized crime figures carried it out.
- He gained the most.
- He hand picked members of the incompetent Warren Commission.
- He used his power to block any real investigations into the murder.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Don't forget the .221 Fireball, too. You know, I may have missed it before, but this program was the first I heard mention of the President receiving TWO head shots. According to Fletcher Prouty, the CIA was really angry at JFK for wanting to take them off the world's playing field after the BOPs fiasco, but it was one of his own people who allowed 2 of Castro's jet warplanes to survive to destroy the ships carrying all the invasion force's supplies, which caused the failure of the invasion, & the execution of thousands of Cubans in the invasion force. Carlos Marcello, the New Orleans mob boss was mad at Bobby for deporting him,.....hell, the Kennedys had EVERYBODY mad at them. jd45
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I don't think the Warren Commission was as much incompetent as much as managed an in some cases corrupt
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Here we go again.....
Believe what you want to but the bullets came from behind. Forensic evidence has proven that to be the case.

Anyone who has harvested game knows that typically the bullet entrance wound is much smaller than the exit wound.
Such was the case with President Kennedy. The bullet that passed through Kennedy's neck then went into Gov. Connally was definitely matched to Oswald's rifle. Oswald's 3rd shot impacted the back of Kennedy's head, the hydraulic force and bullet exit removing a portion of his skull which departed upward.

If one wants a more plausible explanation of what really happened, I would suggest that one get the book....

Lincoln and Kennedy: Medical and Ballistic Comparisons of Their Assassinations
"Kennedy And Lincoln: Medical And Ballistic Comparisons Of Their Assassinations", published in 1980, is an impressive hardcover volume written by Dr. John K. Lattimer. This book, which spans 398 total pages, is one that I would highly recommend to anyone who is interested in researching the JFK case."

http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Kennedy-B ... ssinations

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, except for what all the witnesses at Parkland Memorial said.

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Carcano and duct-taped scope.

Really?

'nuff said.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

As we know, eye witnesses can't always be reliable. The Zapruder film clearly show the portion of Kennedy's head departing toward the front, not the back. The expulsion of brain matter propelling him back in the seat.

The only other remote possibility (and I say really remote...) is the secret service agent in the car following accidentally discharging his ifle at the sound of the shots / crack of the supersonic bullets overhead.

3 shell casings found from the snipers hide at the book repository along with the rifle.

Pretty much anyone on this forum could likely replicate the shots that Oswald did. A head sized pumpkin at about 55 yards moving, nit sideways but straight away.

If anyone else fired, they missed.

"Carcano and duct-taped scope." Scope was not held on by duct tape. Another theory that doesn't hold water.....

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
NRA Life member
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

SAD. JFK was the last POTUS who put the general good of our country 1st. The last who isn't or wasn't controlled by PACTS, Lobbies, and blind obedience to party extremists. He did have flaws in his personal life, as do most of us. His kind will never be seen again :cry: . Who ever did the HIT, planned it perfectlly. Enough information, dissinformation was planted, that no one conclusion is valid. The Government should release the secret assassination files, along with any UFO files. Unless there is something to hide, why not :?:
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

The Zapruder film has been altered to make the film fit the official story. Read Roger Stones book on LBJ to find out the truth on the matter.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well again, the Parkland witnesses describe a hike in the back right, some even demonstrating it. The official autopsy photos show the back and front intact.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

As far as I'm concerned, Bob Lee Swagger solved it in Stephen Hunter's "The Third Bullet"! :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What did he say?

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote:What did he say?
I wouldn't want to ruin the story for those that haven't read it!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, one of a number of viable possibilities according to the review of the book.

w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

"Why did the 3rd bullet aimed at John Kennedy explode?"

That statement from the review would make me and should make others who are familiar with ballistics a bit skeptical...actually, more than a bit skeptical. Apparently the author is not aware of the extremely high pressure produced in the brain when even a FMC bullet enters at 2,000 f.p.s. or thereabouts. The weakest portion of the skull will give way, forced open by the high hydraulic pressure created within. The bullet did not explode.....the skull did.

P.O. Ackley experimented at one time with the effect high velocity solid bullets had on the skulls of Mules destined to the slaughter house. The result..... the skulls exploded......not the bullets......

Oh...there must be different photos / artist renderings of Kennedy's head. The most plausible to me at least, is the one showing a small entry hole in the rear of the skull and the large portion of the skull missing from the top right hand portion of his head....the result of a 6.5 FMC bullet fired from Oswald's rifle hitting it's intended target.... .

Over and out......

Happy Thanksgiving to all :D

w30wcf
Last edited by w30wcf on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka John Kort
NRA Life member
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Dr. Charles Crenshaw, surgeon at Parkland Hospital: The headwound was difficult to see when he was laying on the back of his head. However, afterwards when they moved his face towards the left, one could see the large, right rear parietal, occipital, blasted out hole, the size of my fist, which is 2 and a half inches in diameter. The brain, cerebreal portion had been flurred out and also there was the cerebellum hanging out from that wound. It was clearly an exit wound from the right rear, behind the ear. A right occipital area hole, the size of my fist.

Doris Nelson, emergency room nurse at Parkland Hospital: We wrapped him up .... and I saw his whole head ... There was no hair back there ... It was blown away. Some of his head was blown away and his brains were fallen down on the stretcher.

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

It was a traumatic event in history (in more ways than one!) but it's amazing to me to still see the echoes.

Two comments on the conspiracies.

First, Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Second, from Carlk Sagan: extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The simplest explanation is not always the true explanation.

The extraordinary claim here is the version by the Warren Commission.

wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I look at it the same way I do the existence of aliens from space. If the government up and announced that they had proof aliens existed it might make the tabloids but the world would just go on as before.

In other words I don't think anyone really cares about "who" shot JFK. Oh, I'm sure some folks would find it interesting, but making any sort of difference, no.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

jeepnik wrote:I look at it the same way I do the existence of aliens from space. If the government up and announced that they had proof aliens existed it might make the tabloids but the world would just go on as before.

In other words I don't think anyone really cares about "who" shot JFK. Oh, I'm sure some folks would find it interesting, but making any sort of difference, no.
Depends, on Who shot him. If it was a conspiracy, the government was overthrown at that point.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

tman wrote:
jeepnik wrote:I look at it the same way I do the existence of aliens from space. If the government up and announced that they had proof aliens existed it might make the tabloids but the world would just go on as before.

Depends, on Who shot him. If it was a conspiracy, the government was overthrown at that point.
And what would happen if that was the truth?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yes really, so what if a network behind the scenes decided to take over power, in the words of the great Hillary Clinton, what difference does it make .... Say that Kennedy was going to pull out of Vietnam, so what if we expanded that effort and lost 50,000 people. Surely the one lone nut could have the records sealed until .... How long was that.

Don't worry, the big events in history have no effect, don't worry, be happy. The govt. will take care of you and always tell you the truth.

ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

Watched some of this the other night. The thing that stuck out to me was the entrance hole in Kennedy's skull was a smaller diameter than the bullet from a Carcano. How can that be explained away?
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

jeepnik wrote:
tman wrote:

And what would happen if that was the truth?
I would want to know. it would change everything. The world DID change since 1963. Especially in this country, FOR the WORSE.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Old Savage wrote:Yes really, so what if a network behind the scenes decided to take over power, in the words of the great Hillary Clinton, what difference does it make .... Say that Kennedy was going to pull out of Vietnam, so what if we expanded that effort and lost 50,000 people. Surely the one lone nut could have the records sealed until .... How long was that.

Don't worry, the big events in history have no effect, don't worry, be happy. The govt. will take care of you and always tell you the truth.
Lot of wealth changed hands for the militarization of the Viet Nam. SSI founded it. As you said, Old Savage follow the money.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And more than that, was JFK going to dump LBJ in 64"and was he going to replace J Edgar Hoover, neighbors for 20'years?

This did not happen in a vacuum.

jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

ndcowboy's comment speaks to James Files's contension that he fired a shot into the President's head from the front with that .22 caliber-chambered Remington XP-100. jd45
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

let's see, 3 separate Federal investigations, Oliver Stone. I'll go with the Feds.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

HSCA 1978 said probably conspiracy. That was the Feds.

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Not talking about then. With regards to now, if it was announced it was a conspiracy, and all of the conspirators are likely dead, would it make an significant change? Most likely it would make news for a night or two then the latest celebrity divorce would push it aside.

Those 50,000 dead, some of my friends among them, would still be dead, and all of the other events since would still have happened. Frankly, it would be like finding out that Tom Horn didn't kill Willie Nickell. Both would still be just as dead.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Who knows, depends on who was behind it and why. Frankly, I find the whole who cares or what difference does it make somewhat defeatist. What difference does anything historical make. But, that attitude comes up in most discussions. I also find buying the govt line and the reconstruction of the shooting details dreamed up by a Philadelphia lawyer, very curious. Kind of like buying Obama's investigation of his IRS, Benghazi, Fast and Furious etc.