AR

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

AR

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have an AR coming everything but the barrel assembly !

And it appears a Stag Arms Model 7 6.8 SPC barrel assembly will be heading this way very shortly as well .

Now the question is once I get this thing completed and have a decent load worked up for it , how long will I keep it once I kill a couple deer with it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I plan on using the Nosler 110 AccuBond and maybe the Barnes 110 TSX .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: AR

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:wink: Good question. I very rarely sell a gun while others change them like a baby`s diapers.
I buy a gun,work up a load, stash it in the safe and look for another. :lol:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I figured you'd get one chambered in 444 Marlin...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'll probably burn in H...E...L...L for buying this thing :roll: :roll:
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I bought one, thinking of going 6.8 with it (Sig) shot ten shots, cleaned it, stashed it, not really my bag. I guess I'll keep it. :roll:
1894c

Post by 1894c »

6pt-sika wrote:I'll probably burn in H...E...L...L for buying this thing :roll: :roll:
6pt-sika -- if you're going to hell, count me in...I just finished building one, gathering pieces parts to build another---I guess you'll have company... :)
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

I've had a couple factory guns, I've even put together one or two :wink: , I've had as many as 4 at one time and down to zero for awhile.
Got down to 1 when prices went stupid.
Working on my third gun now. Prices are cheaper than 20 years ago right now. :D
It's a sickness, but then I was up to 15 30-30's and down to 2 right now. :cry:
Kinda like grown man tinker toys.
Byron
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well once again the AR-15 idea is off the table !

My upper lower assembly minus the barrel assembly came in today and as I was unwrapping it someone made me an offer so the thing is gone now !

Strange every time I get in the mood for one of these things I can come up with more reasons not to get one !

Or someone offers me enough profit where I let it go .
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good ole American capitalism at work. You will find another.....its a disease.

I noticed there have been many posts here regarding the AR. I have another AR coming too.
Post and pics to come.-------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:Good ole American capitalism at work. You will find another.....its a disease.

I noticed there have been many posts here regarding the AR. I have another AR coming too.
Post and pics to come.-------------6
Not sure if I want another anymore .

I wanna finally get a 26 Nosler built . I am also thinking I need a Remington 700 SPS Tac 308 with the 16 1/2" barrel thats threaded for a suppressor. And finally I kinda think I want a Benelli M2 12 gauge with the 18 or 20 inch barrel and extended mag tube , that would make a heck of a buckshot/slug gun for deer when we do man drives .
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

6pt; I have a older friend, who like you, evreything he touches turns into a profit :mrgreen:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

3leggedturtle wrote:6pt; I have a older friend, who like you, evreything he touches turns into a profit :mrgreen:

That must be me! I love old guns...but......money floats my boat. Sticks and stones will break my bones but cash keeps my feet on the ground. :D

And 6 point...........Come on now.....you and I both know the 26 Nosler is a barrel burner......meant as a hunting weapon only............you and I like to shoot a lot.......so......that means your barrel will last
about 4 months.-----6

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:
3leggedturtle wrote:6pt; I have a older friend, who like you, evreything he touches turns into a profit :mrgreen:

That must be me! I love old guns...but......money floats my boat. Sticks and stones will break my bones but cash keeps my feet on the ground. :D

And 6 point...........Come on now.....you and I both know the 26 Nosler is a barrel burner......meant as a hunting weapon only............you and I like to shoot a lot.......so......that means your barrel will last
about 4 months.-----6
No I've gotten so lately I work up a load and leave them alone !

The 26 Nosler is no worse the 7mm Ultra Mag , the 264 Win Mag or the 220 Swift . And I've messed with all three of those with very pleasing results . The Nosler people are saying 800-1000 shots of barrel life . My thinking is 100-200 shots to get a decent load worked up . Then 10-12 shots each year to check scope and kill a deer or two . It should last me as much longer as I wanna hunt . I figure 20-30 years and I'm done hunting or in the ground :wink:

Heck talking about barrel burners . The first 264 Win Mag I ever had was a circa 1960 Winchester Model 70 with a stainless 26" barrel I got that gun about 94 or 95 . It looked semi well used but it still shot3 shot groups under 3/4 MOA . The best 220 Swift I owned was a circa 1961 Winchester Model 70 Varmint with the factory stainless heavy barrel . That one had been used a good bit when I got it , but I was still able to get consistent 5 shot groups at 100 yards that stayed at 1/2" .

Most of my rifle shooting for fun anymore is with the 444 throwing big chunks of lead , that's a lot cheaper then shooting jacketed bullet guns LOL's !
And it appears my shotgun intrests are taking a forefront again .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Incidently I had a friend that owned one of the shops I used to go to Shirk's and pickup for , he passed a couple months ago . Anyway his wife is in the process of liquidating the shop and his personal guns that his son didn't want . So it appears I may be getting my hands on a rather nice Remington 700 BDL with a stainless #4 Lilja barrel chambered in 6.5-06AI along with a nice Leupold Vari XIII 4.5-14x40mm .

Now I already have a 6.5-06 on a 700 BDL with a Shilen #3 stainless barrel , but I'd like to have one of my friends rifles and this one interested me more then most of his others .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I wouldn't say "everything" turns a profit . But I'm fortunate enough to buy a good many things right so when I do need or want to sell them I can turn a little extra .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya 6 point....maybe we will catch up at the Timonium show this March----6

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:I hear ya 6 point....maybe we will catch up at the Timonium show this March----6
There's a possibility I may very well be there Saturday !

We have about a dozen 14th century Japanese Matchlocks we may take up there and try to move for a customer .
A couple of the Parker Collector guys are after me to come up there as well I assume they want me to come up so they can rub their latest additions in my face !
These two guys seem to have VERY deep pockets .
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

No one goes to hell for owning an AR. I am getting one so I don't go to hell.
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by H_Talon »

well ... I have to admit I have a couple of ar's (5.56) and decided they just weren't the ticket
so I built an a10 in 358win ... so I'll see y'all in hell LOLOLOLOL

note : I've never heard of a gun complaining if I bought another gun now if only
the wife would get on board with that ideology ... ROFL !!!!!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

interesting theological twist to the thread.

an AR won't send the owner to hell or prevent the owner from going to hell.

only the blood of Jesus Christ, trusted by faith, will keep anyone out of hell.

the AR has nothing to do with it. it's an inanimate object.

but I trust you'all know all that already

Grizz
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Grizz wrote:interesting theological twist to the thread.

an AR won't send the owner to hell or prevent the owner from going to hell.

only the blood of Jesus Christ, trusted by faith, will keep anyone out of hell.

the AR has nothing to do with it. it's an inanimate object.

but I trust you'all know all that already

Grizz
Thats all in perception and how one percieves their own beliefs !

I see AR's , Glocks etc etc etc as a walk on the dark side IE the dark side meaning THE DEVIL !

So if ya walks wit da devil and talks wit da devil you are gonna most likely end up in somewhere very HOT !!!!!

And since I never actually took possesion of the AR parts that started this thread I 'm still DEVIL FREE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geeeezzz you guys need to lighten up about the going to h...e...l...l thing if you have an AR !