Flintlock pistol from 1760 puts retiree in prison

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Flintlock pistol from 1760 puts retiree in prison

Post by sore shoulder »

The undersheriff said let him go, the sheriff over ruled and said arrest him. The next day. :roll: This is why I could never be a cop. Arresting this guys is the real crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/18/fl ... in-prison/
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Flintlock pistol from 1760 puts retiree in prison

Post by rjohns94 »

Crazy stupid
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

:( This is not the country I was born in.

Where am I, and what did they do with the USA?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Well, if ballistics come back that it has been used in a crime,....wait.. Do any of the deputies know how to load it?
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

It's New Jersey... Maybe there IS a good reason, Sixgun won't go there!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I don't know of one good thing that has ever come from NJ.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

It pains me to point out they have the republican governor Chris Christy. Whats up with that? If he wants us republican gun nuts votes you would think he would be turning things around there for gun rights. I will be remembering that in the primarys.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I thought this sort of nonsense only happened in the UK... :shock: .
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

I am wondering what the price for that flintlock was? How much it will deprecate with the NJ State police test firing for ballistics. Do they even know how to safely test fire something that valuable?

NJ is really bad for honest citizens.

Steve
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

The only good thing from NJ? An empty bus! :D
P.S. Chisty thinks that the gun laws his state has are perfectly fine. His words not mine.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Booger Bill wrote:It pains me to point out they have the republican governor Chris Christy. Whats up with that? If he wants us republican gun nuts votes you would think he would be turning things around there for gun rights. I will be remembering that in the primarys.
In very liberal places, the "conservative" people have largely become liberal, just not quite so much as the liberal liberals.

When I speak with gun owners and people who consider themselves conservatives from NY and NJ, most have very liberal leanings. There are exceptions of course.

This is on the East Coast. California is different.

By the way, I disagree with some of the comments. NJ is a good pace to be from. As far from as you can get.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

7.62 Precision wrote:
Booger Bill wrote:It pains me to point out they have the republican governor Chris Christy. Whats up with that? If he wants us republican gun nuts votes you would think he would be turning things around there for gun rights. I will be remembering that in the primarys.
In very liberal places, the "conservative" people have largely become liberal, just not quite so much as the liberal liberals.

When I speak with gun owners and people who consider themselves conservatives from NY and NJ, most have very liberal leanings. There are exceptions of course.

This is on the East Coast. California is different.

By the way, I disagree with some of the comments. NJ is a good pace to be from. As far from as you can get.
That is exactly why I have been saying there is no difference between right and left in DC.

My last experience with people from NJ is a family who bought some property near me and had come out to look it over. I was out shooting at my range where Ive been shooting for nearly 20 years. Next thing I know there's 3 deputies on my property telling me the people from NJ said I was shooting at them. They were only a half mile behind me. :roll: The funny part is, when the deputies explained to me why they were there, I asked them if the people were from NJ or NY and they wanted to know why I would ask that. Even though I was right.
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I can't speak about Kali, but the so-called Left Coasts of WA, and OR are no way, no how like some of the eastern states.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

There is nothing Republican about that tool Christy other than his calling himself one. He's proven that over and over.

This event proves what a sad, sad state of affairs our entire country is in. That Sheriff needs to be ousted. Hopefully the NRA will have a voice in this.
NRA Life Member
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Yep looks like the place is turning into Amerika... Here in Kalifornia, last I checked, a flinter wasn't even considered a firearm...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Great job New Jersey ! You got 'im ! Another dangerous potential spree killer taken off the streets !
----- Doug
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This is one reason why I refuse to spend one red cent in NJ. If I have to go there, I'm in and out the same day. Make them hurt in the pocketbook and maybe common sense will prevail...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Streetstar wrote:Great job New Jersey ! You got 'im ! Another dangerous potential spree killer taken off the streets !
:idea: Drive By flintlock shooting murders will no longer be a threat....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Dirty stinkin' polecats.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry