first shooting since surgery

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

first shooting since surgery

Post by carbluesnake »

Last Saturday, me and a few shooting buddies did a little shooting. Since my rotator cuff surgery last week, obviously, I had to shoot all weak handed. We do a drill which consists of the 3 5 shot strings with 8 " bullseye. At 12 yards, 5 rds weak hand, at 15 yards 5 shots strong hand, and 25 yards 5 shots free style. We try to keep them all in the black. Out of the 15 rds, only one was out of the black. Not a bad start without my right hand.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: first shooting since surgery

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

I went 10 years with out shooting anything bigger than a 22 and that was hard. to do. back to shooting everything now.Take it slow not to prolong the wait. take care :D
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Glad you felt like going out, but take 'er slow, Bud. Pushing too hard with do nothing but set you back in this case.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

carbluesnake wrote:
Since my rotator cuff surgery last week, obviously, I had to shoot all weak handed.

Not a bad start without my right hand.

So, you FINALLY had to come over to the Dark Side, huh ? . :mrgreen:

It's good to hear that your recovery from the surgery is coming along nicely. :)

carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

Its pretty sunny on the dark side
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Hope you heal up quick:)
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

UncleBuck wrote:Hope you heal up quick:)
+1
It is not the critic who counts
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Since mine I have gone back to shooting off the repaired shoulder for the most part. But I still switch to the left shoulder after a few rounds of bench shooting as it gets uncomfortable with some of the heavy recoil rounds. For off hand I have no issues and can fire everything right handed. I want to say it was a good 10 months before I could shoot more then 20 rounds with the right shoulder. Go slow and heal you will be back at it soon enough.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis