Suggestions for place to leave car in Knoxville

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
moodyholler
Levergunner 2.0

Suggestions for place to leave car in Knoxville

Post by moodyholler »

Meeting a friend in Knoxville Friday and headed to Ohio show. Need a place to leave my car until Sunday night. Any suggestions? Thanks for a great resource, moodyholler
Ysabel Kid

Re: Suggestions for place to leave car in Knoxville

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hotel parking lot. Ask the front desk of a nicer hotel if they charge for the service. Most don't except in areas where parking is a premium (I don't think that applies to Knoxville except near the UT campus in football season!). Park near the front door, but not too close, under a light. Should be okay.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Go early and take your license plate off and park in a restricted area of some snooty looking office building. Then all it will cost is whatever the cops charge for an impound fee... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hairtrigger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hairtrigger »

Worst case park at the airport for a reasonable daily fee
At least you know your vehicle will be there when you return
Last edited by Hairtrigger on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am one gun away from happy
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I find small independent campgrounds work great. Give them a little cash for parking. If you stay the night hotels will let you leave your car for a while .
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Go to a bank there & get a short term personal loan for a $1,000.00 (whatever) for your "business trip" ;), letting the bank keep the car as collateral.

If you don't spend the loan money, when you return from the show & pay off the loan, the interest due would be chump change.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I did this with A GF years ago, we went to the local police dept and asked if it was OK to leave it parked in the street by the station while we went camping/hunting for a few days, they said sure, no problem.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?