Need prayers and physical help if possible - update 2

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Need prayers and physical help if possible - update 2

Post by J Miller »

Well, things have not gone well for us. We have just about filled a 10x20 storage locker and still have more. Now it's mostly the big stuff I cannot handle.

My wife went to Ft Wayne to find us a house. Lots of them available, her sister has been sending us links for months, but no luck. None of us understand it.

She's got one more place to check out today then she'll heading back here. If she doesn't get us a place we'll have to rent a second locker and put what we can in it before Sunday.

As of noon Sunday we'll be homeless.

I've been praying and praying and hoping that God will hear them. Of if he's hearing them that he'll do something to point my wife to right house.

Wife's been gone since last Saturday. I've been fighting a horrid stomach ache, the dizzies, and severe lower body pain. Not to mention I am exhausted.
I've taken 4 loads to the locker on my own and will try to do another one today.

I sure could use some help. That is one reason we want to leave this area, there is no body here we are friends with that isn't old, or sick.

OK, now back to the regular program.

Joe
Last edited by J Miller on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: Need prayers and physical help if possible - update

Post by Malamute »

There isnt much I can do halfway across the country, but if I were close I'd come help as best I could Joe.

Good luck in a bad spot.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

All right, a little bit better news. Wife found us a house. Got the lease, got the deposits done.

Now we just need to get a truck; load the house up and leave.

But, all the truck rentals are suddenly out of the big trucks. Seems like this move is not going have any easy parts to it. But we are not quitting. Got to get the hell out of here.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, we appreciate them.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A bit of good news at last and i'm real glad you have both found a new home. I've been praying hard that you would.
Please PM me your new address when you move in Joe.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Just take your time, watch your backs! Don't go getting an injury now!

A fresh start awaits!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Sounds like thanks to Father are in order, with more to follow. Prayers UP for safe moving, energy, stamina, and a glad heart.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

prayers sent... :)
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Glad it's going a little better for you. I'm 67 and don't have the stamina I had a few short years back. Being 2200 miles away physical assistance for you is not possible, but I'm with you in spirit. Good to be able to leave the Land of Obama in the rear view mirror. Hope you are able to keep your sewing machine. I've moved mine from Michigan to Wyoming and now it's set up in my gun room in Idaho..would be lost without it.. (An old Singer 29K 71 shoemaker patcher). Best wishes on a successful move.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well the kick in the head is we have to be out by noon Sunday. Would be doable if we could just back a truck in and empty the house. Hopefully we can find a truck tomorrow.

Joe
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Professor Joe, I am glad to hear you are getting out of there. It has been a long time coming, I pray that things start rolling your way. Find a good gun club at your new location, you'll make some new friends pronto. Good luck and God Bless!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Praying for you and your wife Joe.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Amen to all said.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Need prayers and physical help if possible - update #2

Post by J Miller »

Well, Friday morning my wife went to the court house to see what it might take to get us some more time.

The clerks at the document section told her to go down and talk to Sheriff's dept, that we didn't need to file for an extension until the Sheriff's dept has an order of eviction.

Went to the Sheriffs dept and the clerks there told her there was nothing on file, and even if they did have anything on file it would be at least the 15th of the month before they could get to because they were that backlogged.
She showed my wife a post card that we would get with the date that the SO would be out.

The clerk in the SO seemed to have a snicker on her voice because of the backlog they had.

So, we've got some more time that I'm sure is gonna P.O. the bank. :twisted: :twisted: .

We also got a big truck reserved for the 3rd, next Wednesday. Now we need to get the rest of the stuff packed and ready to load.

So ..... there is still some time if any of big strong cowboy lever gunners want to come and help us out :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Joe
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm glad to hear you have a little more time Joe, I just wish I was not an ocean away, my little truck would be at your disposal.

Good luck with the move…
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

gamekeeper,

Thanks. Wife and I have agreed that we are going to thin out our possessions by a huge amount. I doubt I'll ever see it down to what I'd like, but we've got way to much stuff.

Well, we just keep trying.

Joe
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Joe - thank God you are getting out of there. One of the guys here on the forum lives in Ft. Wayne I think but it may be South Bend.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Need prayers and physical help if possible - update 2

Post by J Miller »

Well we sort of had another set back. Joe is currently in the hospital having tests run. They ran a cat scan and a bunch of blood tests. Right now they are doping him up for an MRI. :( He had been having dizzy spells which got worse while I was in FT Wayne. Then the spells lessened a bit after I got back but came back the other day with a vengeance.
So please put prayers up for him/us. I came back to the house to work on it some more. We are supposed to get the Uhaul truck tomorrow about noon but I am thinking it may have to wait til Friday. On a good note I did get our utilities partially set up. Electric will be turned on Friday and then when we are sure of what day we will be there the gas company can come out... :)
Elaine
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Obviously a second opinion... Which one of the furkids did the FIRST cat-scan that lead to seeing a people vet? ;)

Hope things go better.

Sorry the contract on my house kiboshed my earlier offer...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Dan 444
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dan 444 »

I wish that I could help, but I'm too far away. Reading this saddens me greatly. I have added you to my daily prayers. Good luck and God bless!

Dan
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Will be praying for Joe's health and the move, glad the move is working out for you.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

hang in there.....prayers sent
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear about Joe, I wish him a speedy recovery and I'm praying for you both that your move goes ahead as smoothly as possible.
Thank you Elaine, for letting us know.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Prayers up. You both seem like GOOD people and I am so hopeful you will get some GOOD years ahead.

Tell Joe I think he's just faking it so you'll do all the work... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well, we got to the ER sometime after 1:00pm. Got right in, no waiting. Taken right into a room and interviewed.

I was there until after 9:30pm.

In that time they did many blood pressure tests, blood O2 tests, 2 EKGs, a cat scan, and an MRI and two labs trying to figure out what is causing the dizzies and headaches. Nothing abnormal found with any tests other than the blood work.

During all the waiting I got to lay there and rest and watch almost 5 episodes of Castle.
Also got to watch some of that show called Naked and Afraid. The premise is two people a man and a woman that do not know each other are stripped to their birthday suits and turned loose to survive for 21 days. The camera crew is to watch, record, and not intervene unless a medical emergency occurs.
What gets me is they put this show on cable tv and still blur out all the good parts. :roll:

After all the tests and all the waiting the prognosis is that I was dehydrated and my potassium level was low. So I'm back home now, got to drink more, and eat more potassium rich foods.

However if the dizzies and headaches continue, get back to the ER.

Tomorrows another day, we'll keep on keeping on.

AJMD,
You gave away my secret, now my wife's mad at me and she'll make me two twice the work.

Joe
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Glad it didnt turn out to be any more serious than that Joe.

Do you have any sports drinks? When I was working in the heat (90's to 100, out in the sun, general construction and metal roofing) Id drink them along with water, they seemed to help me recover a bit quicker and feel better faster. They also would allow me to drink more. It got hard to drink enough water without feeling like I was going to choke if I had to drink more plain water.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

All we had was Poweraide. Unfortunately the nurses told me it was mostly sugar and colored water. So next trip to the store we'll look for something better.

Joe
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Joe , you and Elaine continue in our thoughts and prayers.
Phil
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

We just got a call from the Mormon church. Not sure where or who they got our number from, when I find out I'll thank them personally.

They'll be here any time and we'll get some of the heavy stuff loaded. Hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll be in Indiana.

So, who ever got with the Mormons, than you very much.

Joe
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

J Miller wrote:All we had was Poweraide. Unfortunately the nurses told me it was mostly sugar and colored water. So next trip to the store we'll look for something better.

Joe

Try Pedialyte --- places like Wal Mart, CVS and Walgreens also likely sell their versions of it too --- i sip on it on days when i am almost seeing visions because of the heat and its a huge help
----- Doug
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

J Miller wrote:We just got a call from the Mormon church. Not sure where or who they got our number from, when I find out I'll thank them personally.

They'll be here any time and we'll get some of the heavy stuff loaded. Hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll be in Indiana.

Joe
You know, there are some people who have serious issues with Mormons because of their theology, but as a class they have an intensely "old school" community worldview...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Streetstar wrote:
J Miller wrote:All we had was Poweraide. Unfortunately the nurses told me it was mostly sugar and colored water. So next trip to the store we'll look for something better.

Joe

Try Pedialyte --- places like Wal Mart, CVS and Walgreens also likely sell their versions of it too --- i sip on it on days when i am almost seeing visions because of the heat and its a huge help
Pedialyte, OK, we'll look for it.

So far I've been holding my own with the dizzies by guzzling the water and taking a potassium supplement pill every day.

Old Ironsights wrote:
J Miller wrote:We just got a call from the Mormon church. Not sure where or who they got our number from, when I find out I'll thank them personally.

Joe
You know, there are some people who have serious issues with Mormons because of their theology, but as a class they have an intensely "old school" community worldview...

OI,
You are correct. I've never had a problem with any Mormon. The two guys that came were in their late teens or early 20s. One of them was a cat lover and just fell in love with Pollyanna.
They got most of the heavy stuff out of the house before they had to be somewhere. I think we can handle the rest. I hope so.

Joe