Shipping gun parts to Puerto Rico?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Shipping gun parts to Puerto Rico?

Post by TedH »

I have some S&W grips on ebay, and a gentleman from Puerto Rico asked about shipping cost. I didn't want to mess with international shipping at all, but he claims he's bought several sets of grips from the US with no problems. He has no problem with paying the extra shipping, I just need to find out if it's legal for me to do so. Google has been no help at all. Can anyone direct me to a difinitive answer?
NRA Life Member
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Re: Shipping gun parts to Puerto Rico?

Post by SteveR »

TedH wrote:I have some S&W grips on ebay, and a gentleman from Puerto Rico asked about shipping cost. I didn't want to mess with international shipping at all, but he claims he's bought several sets of grips from the US with no problems. He has no problem with paying the extra shipping, I just need to find out if it's legal for me to do so. Google has been no help at all. Can anyone direct me to a difinitive answer?
They are a US Territory, so the US Post Office will deliver. It wouldn't fall under international mail, so like mailing to Alaska, just more expensive.

Steve
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Jes a thought; until they are assembled gun parts are just machined parts and not a gun...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Have shipped to PR many times, firearms and parts. It is a very murky deal. Because they are a territory, they have a lot of convoluted laws put in place by political appointees.

Firearms and some parts have to go to dealers and through paperwork with the police and stuff and go to someone with the right license. Other parts can go no problem. Only USPS can deliver parts or firearms there, or maybe it is only UPS, I don't remember.

Anyway, I had good contacts there between the customers and the gun shops, so I had all the info I needed.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Would you even consider wooden grips to be "gun parts"? Could just as easily be called "fireplace kindling".
NRA Life Member
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

TedH wrote:Would you even consider wooden grips to be "gun parts"? Could just as easily be called "fireplace kindling".
Wood handles for hand held rotary device.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

mikld wrote:Jes a thought; until they are assembled gun parts are just machined parts and not a gun...
If you disregard state and federal laws, sure.
Slow is just slow.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Shipping gun parts is illegal? (other then a frame)
If so I've broken the law hundreds of times.

I know specialty grip manufactures ship international all the time.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

shipping gun "parts" international IS illegal. Yeh, you will get away with it 999 out of 1000 but on the 1000th, you're going to Levenworth for a very long time. It has nothing to do with ATFE. It is the State Dept. PR is not international but, as mentioned, lot more hoops to jump through. Also as mentioned, I doubt the grips would be considered a gun part
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Leverluver wrote:shipping gun "parts" international IS illegal. Yeh, you will get away with it 999 out of 1000 but on the 1000th, you're going to Levenworth for a very long time. It has nothing to do with ATFE. It is the State Dept. PR is not international but, as mentioned, lot more hoops to jump through. Also as mentioned, I doubt the grips would be considered a gun part
I had friends that used to mail order their pot from oversea's, nowadays it's like ordering a pizza so they don't anymore, but the one time instead of their pot the got their package with a slip of paper that looked like it had been photocopied a BILLION times which said that shipping a controlled substance blaa blaa was illegal. Didn't even say don't do it again and nothing happened. What was even funnier was when they email the guy his policy was just to supply a replacement no questions asked (how many times you would have to wonder) but obviously there's wasn't any sort of watch set (is there such a thing) for packages in the from or to direction because it's replacement arrived. Buy 4 get the 5th free, just made me bust a gut.

Diverged a bit I just wonder really how much time and effort would they really expend on someone mailing a barrel or a trigger, etc. I mean I've purchased many a barrel for a handgun they didn't check if I was 21 or anything just boom on the doorstep.

I'm not promoting a criminal act, just wondering... All the prisons and jails are full around me are full. My friend is a DEA agent said the states attorney won't even think of charging a felony unless they have at least a POUND of pot, even if it's divided into measured baggies. So it's not legal but it's not much illegal either ;)
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Nothing in PR law says you are not allowed to sell "parts".

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2008072 ... earms-laws

Steve
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Well after all my time spent researching and communicating back and forth with the guy in PR, he didn't even end up bidding on the grips. :roll: Now I remember why I always state no international shipping on my auctions. :evil:

They did sell for $155.50 though. 8)
Last edited by TedH on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

TedH wrote:Well after all my time spent researching and communicating back and forth with the guy in PR, he didn't even end up bidding on the grips. :roll: Now I remember why I always state no internation shipping on my auctions. :evil:

They did sell for $155.50 though. 8)
I was going to say, make sure it's paid for first considering the entire country is in bankruptcy ;)