When it goes bad.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

When it goes bad.

Post by williamranks »

Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: When it goes bad.

Post by Blaine »

Anymore, and this is just my 2 cents after several visits, Cottonwood is turning into Phoenix Junior. :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

About five miles away used to be a huge rolling meadow, part of a large farm. God's Country I thought as I passed it every day on the way to work.
Around fifteen years ago the land was sold to Wallmart. I won't go there at night....... :shock:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

That's incredible. It took the police that long to gain control? And only one was shot? Geezee...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

mikld wrote:That's incredible. It took the police that long to gain control? And only one was shot? Geezee...
Cottonwood PD is a different animal from most. The link is from Jan.

http://verdenews.com/Main.asp?SectionID ... leID=63946
Bill Ranks
Robert A. Heinlein
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I would have to re watch that clip many times to give a honest opinion but at first blush I have to say the police let it get to "personal". When leo`s let it turn into a boxing match I think they were raised on too many "Walker Texas Ranger" episodes.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Booger Bill wrote:I would have to re watch that clip many times to give a honest opinion but at first blush I have to say the police let it get to "personal". When leo`s let it turn into a boxing match I think they were raised on too many "Walker Texas Ranger" episodes.
It gets "personal" when one of the officers are shot. I have to give the cops credit, they really showed tremendous restraint in not shooting all the combatants.

Steve
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Frankly, the lack of control from the outset by the officers is troubling. Sometimes, you just have mix it up and break out the zip-ties. They were too timid... and it got one of them shot.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Most everybody these days thinks they are on the Jerry Springer show, or in Ferguson.....I don't like being around most people these day....If the feeling is mutual, so much the better...less work.. :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Griff wrote:Frankly, the lack of control from the outset by the officers is troubling. Sometimes, you just have mix it up and break out the zip-ties. They were too timid... and it got one of them shot.
darned if you or darned if you don't, the report the police received didn't sound like one where you need to send in 5 cars and 10 cops. The sergeant on scene called for back up as soon as the scene started to go bad. He tried to take control, but everyone one of those "people", would not obey any of the police directions to split up and stand down. As soon as it got worse all the cops were called. Hindsight is 20/20, they should have had all the cops there first, but then the cops would be looked at as to much force, and quite frankly, the call didn't sound like it was going to be an all out medley.
The combatants were totally out of control, they attacked police in uniform, they have no respect for laws or common curtsy, acting like animals.
I give the police much credit for acting calm and not giving any of these animals and chance to sue later on for police brutality.

Steve
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

SteveR wrote:
Griff wrote:Frankly, the lack of control from the outset by the officers is troubling. Sometimes, you just have mix it up and break out the zip-ties. They were too timid... and it got one of them shot.
darned if you or darned if you don't, the report the police received didn't sound like one where you need to send in 5 cars and 10 cops. The sergeant on scene called for back up as soon as the scene started to go bad. He tried to take control, but everyone one of those "people", would not obey any of the police directions to split up and stand down. As soon as it got worse all the cops were called. Hindsight is 20/20, they should have had all the cops there first, but then the cops would be looked at as to much force, and quite frankly, the call didn't sound like it was going to be an all out medley.
The combatants were totally out of control, they attacked police in uniform, they have no respect for laws or common curtsy, acting like animals.
I give the police much credit for acting calm and not giving any of these animals and chance to sue later on for police brutality.

Steve
Don't make the mistake of thinking the PD was dealing with normal people. These people were trained in tactics.

https://secure.fox.com/proxy/www.foxcar ... e-released
Bill Ranks
Robert A. Heinlein
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

williamranks wrote:
SteveR wrote:

Steve
Don't make the mistake of thinking the PD was dealing with normal people. These people were trained in tactics.

https://secure.fox.com/proxy/www.foxcar ... e-released
You live there I assume, so do the cops have intelligence on these "people"? If so, then I take back my comments, if these "people", are known by the cops who responded, then the cops are 100% at fault for the way they handled the call.

So, are these "people" know then? Have they done things like this in the past that the police are aware of?

Steve
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Booger Bill wrote:I would have to re watch that clip many times to give a honest opinion but at first blush I have to say the police let it get to "personal". When leo`s let it turn into a boxing match I think they were raised on too many "Walker Texas Ranger" episodes.
They tased and peppered them several times, with little result other than they knew tactics to break the taser wires, and one large young man seemed to shrug off the pepper shots in his face. The mother and daughter kept getting in the middle of everything, I believe intentionally. The PD didnt know that those people had training in resisting, they were going in blind. That assessment came later as the video was reviewed in detail. They also didnt react much to numerous hits with collapsible batons in spots that should have gotten a response. The thing about the officer getting grabbed in the face, fingers in eyes and nose, wasnt by chance. It happened several times and with others also, I believe.

The walmart employee kept a couple of them busy enough, including the largish young man that shrugged off the taser hits and pepper in the face, that it gave a little breathing room to the police, otherwise it likely would have gone worse than it did.

I also think the police exhibited restraint under the circumstances. In the end, all things considered, it ended with much less injuries than it could have, on both sides. Seeing the slow motion detailed video breakdown, several more could have been shot, and with darn good reason.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?