Had a job for 20 minutes today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Had a job for 20 minutes today.

Post by 7.62 Precision »

A blast was loaded and a forest fire was burning across it. They wanted someone to fly in and deal with it. Didn't realize I was still in AZ, and when they checked flights, it would take longer to get me there than they liked.

At this point, I don't know how I am going to pay bills, let alone keep the house. Somehow it is sure to work out, though.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Had a job for 20 minutes today.

Post by Old Ironsights »

Wish I could help you out up there... (heck, if I wasn't Here I would rather be Therethan anywhere...) but... my only "connections" there were (are?) either Military or "unsavory"... (spent a LOT of time on Spenard...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Bummer about the job not panning out.

Wish there were something I could do, though I'm not in much better shape at the moment.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

There has never been a day in my life when God has not taken care of everything, been in the process of taking care of everything, or been about to take care of everything.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Good luck friend. Your faith is admirable.

BY the way, your article on scopes on the SCHWAT site is great. Guys into scopes should check it out.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

You guys should definitely check out the SHWAT site, and sign up for the newsletter. Also, check out the giveaways - lots of cool stuff being given way.

The site and forum are pretty cool - it is all geared toward hunting with modern rifles, so it is practical stuff and the forum is not filed with basement-dwelling wannabe commandos posting about Navy SEAL tactics in their underwear.

I'm still always partial to hunting with leverguns, though.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Flying to AK tomorrow morning for a couple weeks work. They wanted me to fly today, but I would have and to leave for the airport less than an hour from getting the call, which was fine with me, but tickets had to be arranged and all that, so they decided to fly me tomorrow.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good luck.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.