Ar-15s, now officially a commodity

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Ar-15s, now officially a commodity

Post by wecsoger »

Not that I really need another black rifle...this one will either be a truck gun, or maybe in a mobility bag...

$369 - ATI complete parts kit (except for lower) from my favorite LGS. $399 online, if you go by their newly opened store $369. With tax and title, $393 out the door

$45 - UTG flip up iron sights. Not the greatest of quality, but not bad for the price. And, from Taiwan, not China. Amazon got 'em to my door with free shipping. Would have went with Magpul, but the front sight is a gas block mount. These are full metal, and also have the .28 inches differential built in.

$36 - Anderson AM15 lower. Had to order this since AIM wasn't doing transfers on the Friday before labor day, plus shipping and local dealer transfer, total $70. I remember when we thought stripped $150 lowers were a good deal! This one is in spec all around from the test fittings I've done.

My FFL threw in a cheap chicom red dot that I'm going to play with. I'm looking at a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, although I'll probably have to buy a riser mount too. Putting my fancy Leupold or Eotech on this seems a little overkill.

Will start putting Humpty Dumpty together again tonight. Got a business trip coming up so no chance to test fire for a week or so. Will report back then.

Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Ar-15s, now officially a commodity

Post by Mainehunter »

What kind of barrel you got on it and what's the twist rate?

Mainehunter :wink:
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

That's the M-4 profile barrel, obviously from the notch. Which I think is silly, but that's just me.

Barrel is stamped "5.56 NATO 1/7"

It is nitrided, not chromed.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

wecsoger wrote:That's the M-4 profile barrel, obviously from the notch. Which I think is silly, but that's just me.

Barrel is stamped "5.56 NATO 1/7"

It is nitrided, not chromed.
Isn't the notch to accommodate a grenade launcher...??

I remember when Colt got politically correct, and came out with their "Target Sporter" which featured a ground-off bayonet-lug, and a lower receiver stamped "Target Sporter", which means it isn't an EBR.............I took off the handgrips and saw the funky shaped barrel and laughed.........Then I looked at my Bushmaster with the "heavy machine-gun barrel" that was basically what would be called a 'bull barrel' on a bolt-action, and noted the irony that the REAL 'target' barrel would be the one with the scary-sounding name, and the other more suited for typical 'combat' use.

Go figure...... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The notch is so the M4 can mount the older M16-length M203. The forward barrel latch goes around that point.

They make a shorter barreled M4-specific M203 which mounts directly to the rail and does not need the forward mount, but it's there in case you get issued an older one. The M4 specific ones only came out a few years ago I believe.....My M203 was a full size, and had to use the latch.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Keltec Su16s are starting to come back into the retail market. Can't get more mobile than a 4lb mutant 5.56 slinger. Whether you would trust one or not is a different story.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richardx »

The Bushnell TRS -25 is the way to go, mine was inexpensive and has handled more abuse than I planned, ok so I am clumsy. I got an UTG riser and went to town, though I think Bushnell sells one with a riser now. The flip up sights you have now should co-witness through the red dot without any issues.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I was in a local gs last night and he had what I thought was a new DPMS for $475 wow have things changed.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.