I think I'll just leave him there...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

I think I'll just leave him there...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

... maybe he'll scare off his fellow tree-rats!

Earlier this week I was in my home office, minding my own business and working away, when I heard a racket outside my window. At first I thought it was a bird, but then realized it was actually a squirrel barking at something. I looked out but the sun was beaming almost directly at me, and I didn't see him. I have a river birch near my office, and figured from the noise he had to be in it. I also suspect, though I have cut this tree back quite a bit, that this is the "highway" the little bastards are using to get into my attic. As much as it displeases my wife and daughter, I have declared war on the tree rats. I was perfectly content to let them frolic in the back yard unmolested, but as soon as they decided to squat in my attic in the fall through spring each year, the war was on!

Not being able to pinpoint the squirrel, I decided to open up my window, figuring he'd probably tear out of the tree like the devil after a yearling. I opened it up, and he just kept barking - even more so! Then I thought he might actually be stuck, because he wasn't barking at me before, and I couldn't see anything he might be barking at. I finally spotted him, and then grabbed my handy Stoeger X20 "suppressor" .22-caliber pellet rifle. The squirrel was, as my friend puts it, "inside the wire", and he had to go!

Problem was getting a shot at him. The angle stunk and the sun was beaming in at me. I know - excuses, excuses. Anyway, I took a shot and missed, and he ran up the tree a bit, stopped, and continued barking at me!

Fortunately, the angle change helped me - not him. I drilled him between the eyes with the next shot! Instant kill - so instant, he just dropped into the fork of the branch he was peering over! So he's now up in the tree, and still there.

I think I'll leave him there as a warning to his fellow tree-rats. Stay away from my house!!! :twisted: Time to add another squirrel sticker onto the stock of the Stoeger - the 8th ones! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: I think I'll just leave him there...

Post by AJMD429 »

8) 8) 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I regularly shoot squirrels from my bedroom window, the little suckers seem to never learn that the two beech trees across the drive are in fact a danger zone!... :wink:
Well done and I hope his corpse serves as a warning to all his cousins.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I harbor no aminosity toward squirrels. My cat, on the other hand, seems to enjoy chasing them endlessly! And my Dad, who never lied to me, said that unless you just like broth, it takes an awful lot of squirrels to make a satisfying stew!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:I harbor no aminosity toward squirrels. My cat, on the other hand, seems to enjoy chasing them endlessly! And my Dad, who never lied to me, said that unless you just like broth, it takes an awful lot of squirrels to make a satisfying stew!
Must have been those dinky grey, or little red ones....a couple decent midwest Fox Squills are a meal.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Yes sir, keep the air gun handy. They can cause much damage to a home!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

We have a squirrel epidemic here in town, at least at my place!! Sooo, much as I'd like to dump some of them we just live trap them. A small handful of black oil sunflower seeds set under the trap and bang, we've got one.....and another,....and another, and another, till we're up to 65 to date this year!!!!! :shock: :shock: They're just like having an excavation crew in your yard. :twisted: :twisted:
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Gee, Daisyman - are you living in some sort of Alfred Hitchcock
horror flick?! 60 is a fair number of squirrels to kill in a season.

I had an infestation at my old house, and took to leaving the air
rifle by the door for a bit. But I didn't kill 60 that year!

-Stretch
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

PEW-WEEEEEEEE, aint that gonna stink :lol:
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

BlaineG wrote:
Griff wrote:I harbor no aminosity toward squirrels. My cat, on the other hand, seems to enjoy chasing them endlessly! And my Dad, who never lied to me, said that unless you just like broth, it takes an awful lot of squirrels to make a satisfying stew!
Must have been those dinky grey, or little red ones....a couple decent midwest Fox Squills are a meal.....
In the Manistee Natl. Forest there are absolute monster fox squirrels...
fine stew they make :D

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Either the wind knocked him out (we had a very good downpour the other day) or something decided he was worth eating still. After 4 days hanging out in the tree scaring off his fellow tree rats, he's now gone.

No stink... :lol:
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

stretch wrote:Gee, Daisyman - are you living in some sort of Alfred Hitchcock
horror flick?! 60 is a fair number of squirrels to kill in a season.

I had an infestation at my old house, and took to leaving the air
rifle by the door for a bit. But I didn't kill 60 that year!

-Stretch
I don't kill them, I just haul them out to a country timber. Must have spent $50 on gas just giving them a ride. Got another one today, #61!! :D Oops, miscounted, #66!!!
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Either the wind knocked him out (we had a very good downpour the other day) or something decided he was worth eating still. After 4 days hanging out in the tree scaring off his fellow tree rats, he's now gone.

No stink... :lol:
Good deal