Lexington gun show

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Lexington gun show

Post by hondo1892 »

Well the wife and daughter wanted to go to Lexington today to do some shopping. So I had them drop me off at the gun show. I think I know where all the Colt Diamondbacks and Pythons are. I never seen so many at one gun show before. I ended up trading my S&W model 34 for a model 64. Almost traded for a model 19 but I wanted fixed sights so went with the 64 in 38 spl. I could have went with a 13 but Griff and some of you talked me into a stainless model. I'm not a fan of shiny silver guns but the stainless does make sense for carrying. I got to stop listening to you all. My daughter and I did put a few white box rounds through it after we made it back. I couldn't believe how well it shot. I'm no pistoleer this revolver seems to really shoot. Now I have something else that needs load development. I'll try to get a photo of it here in a day or two. There was lots of powder and primers there today also but not much selection in bullets or brass. Prices seemed better than usual also. Plenty of 22 rimfire but it still seems over priced to me. The old days of ten bucks a brick seem to be gone forever. Not very many good lever guns either. But it wasn't packed with Glocks and black rifles either. I would say it was one of the better shows I've been to in some time.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Lexington gun show

Post by gamekeeper »

That sounds like a day out well spent.. 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Lexington gun show

Post by Dusty Texian »

Sounds like a good day. The last few guns shows I have attended had only a small portion of guns interesting for me. It seems the trend towards black guns and modern tatical firearms is growing and the traditionalist style is srinking. Not against the modern trend just not my cup of tea! Was brought up with blued steel and walnut, will probably go out that way. Glad you had a great day and how could it finnish better than an evening shooting with your child! ,,,DT