Yuma gunshow after-action report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Yuma gunshow after-action report

Post by jnyork »

Went to the Yuma AZ gunshow yesterday morning. Pretty sad, lots of empty tables. Not a great deal of interesting stuff, no really nice .22's at all, very few lever guns to speak of. One Marlin 39A in decent condition for 700 bucks. :o Tables and tables of black rifle parts and old military junk, along with magazines. Plenty of handguns of all sorts. Racks and racks of EBR's. .22 ammo is coming down, AutoMatch was 28-30 a box as opposed to 50- 60 last spring, didn't see anyone lined up to buy any. No beef jerky to be had. Spent 50 cents for a cup of coffee and called it a morning.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Yuma gunshow after-action report

Post by JReed »

Well that doesnt sound any fun at all. Are you still snow birding back and forth?
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

JReed wrote:Well that doesnt sound any fun at all. Are you still snow birding back and forth?
Yup, still a snowbird. Sometime down here they call us "Q-tips". You know, white hair on top, white sneakers on the bottom. White on both ends, thusly, ""Q-tips". :lol:

Been called far worse. :D
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Haha. We are looking to make the move there next summer after I retire. We will have to have a LG get together next winter when you all are down.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

JReed wrote:Haha. We are looking to make the move there next summer after I retire. We will have to have a LG get together next winter when you all are down.
Looking forward to that.

Happy USMC Birthday to ya.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jnyork wrote:
JReed wrote:Well that doesnt sound any fun at all. Are you still snow birding back and forth?
Yup, still a snowbird. Sometime down here they call us "Q-tips". You know, white hair on top, white sneakers on the bottom. White on both ends, thusly, ""Q-tips". :lol:

Been called far worse. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've darn near sworn off on gun shows. Anything of interest is over-priced, including general supplies if they even have them... :x
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Went to a good show last Sunday. Lots of levers pre 64 levers for 5-600, lots of Colts, tons of superposed and pythons and other snake guns, .22 ammo, I usually take some money, the boy and I went from boredom. Should have went to town and got money for a mint superposed in 20. :roll: bought a few camo shirts. Show was in Fredericksburg, best prices I've seen in a long time. Lots of ivory knives, guys trying to clear em out before the ban. :evil:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

jnyork wrote:
JReed wrote:Haha. We are looking to make the move there next summer after I retire. We will have to have a LG get together next winter when you all are down.
Looking forward to that.

Happy USMC Birthday to ya.
we will have to work it out.

Thanks
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Our local gun show is usually filled with the same stuff every time. All overpriced and mostly junk. :x