Why we are in Yuma.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Why we are in Yuma.

Post by jnyork »

We love our home in Wyoming but we spend the six months of winter here in warm, sunny Yuma AZ.. Here's why: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/atlant ... ast/341585
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Why we are in Yuma.

Post by Blaine »

If it weren't for the maddening crush of Lefty Loonies, and traffic, I'd be perfectly happy here about 20 miles due south of Tacoma. I'm in a semi-rural area and it's real quiet, but when I leave the compound the natives get restless...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Have you heard how Yuma got it`s name? It was a wild new town and they got ahold of Earp over in Tombstone to come over and calm things down until they could find a new Marshall. The first thing Wyatt done was put up signs on the outskirts warning no guns allowed. Soon a cowboy was shooting at the moon. Wyatt shot him. A friend of the cowboy ran up and told Wyatt his friend was already in town and didn't know he had put up signs on the roads. Wyatt felt bad about that, walked over to the dying puncher and apologized. He said, "What`s your name? We will name the town after you! The dying man gasped out, Yuma! Yuma, and croaked.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If the cowboy had got one more word out, it would have had a very interesting name... :lol: :lol:
I never got to visit Yuma when I toured Arizona, hope to put that right if I cross the pond again.
I did get down as far as Bisbee, I thought that would be a pleasant place to live....... 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Yuma to Arizona, is like El Paso is to Texas.
And that is all I can say on the subject !
Y'all can take this any way ya see fit !
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30