chiappa

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
joepb
Levergunner 2.0

chiappa

Post by joepb »

Does anyone have chiappa 1892? I like the looks, but know nothing about them. How do they shoot, and are they reliable. Thanks, Joe
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: chiappa

Post by Pete44ru »

Joe, if you use our search function, you should be able to find the very thorough discussion by a fellow levergunner & eminent Model 92 guru, Nate "Kiowa" Jones.
(aka: Steve http://www.stevesgunz.com ).

Steve was a consultant for Chiappa several years ago, when they were having production QC issues with their Model 92..

Martini450
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Martini450 »

I have one in 44-40 with a 24" barrel, and it's a handsome, accurate rifle. The thing I like about the Chiappa 92 is that it's a very close copy of the original Winchester; you especially see it in the lines of the receiver. Fit and finish is outstanding. Mine's action was a bit stiff, so I sent it to Stevesgunz, and now it cycles smoother than glass. It's now one of my favourite rifles.

By the way, I can't say enough about Steve "Nate Kiowa Jones". Great person to do business with, honest as the day is long, and very good at what he does.
joepb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by joepb »

Thanks for the reply.......Joe
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

They seem to be sorta variable.
I have one of their early Mare's Legs that's quite nice.
Had a standard 92 here that was still good, but not fit & finished quite as well.

I've seen complaints of quality issues sporadically on other forums.
Probably best (like pretty much everywhere else nowdays) to inspect personally in hand before committing.
Denis