A little cowboy action today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

A little cowboy action today

Post by rbertalotto »

Shootout At Sawyers Flats, Harvard Massachusetts Tri State Championship

http://public.fotki.com/Rbertalotto/cow ... -1499.html
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A little cowboy action today

Post by M. M. Wright »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I love it when a good plan comes together. Especially when it's a clean stage.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Loved seeing that. Hopefully someday I'll get a better schedule (working 75-80 hours/week now) and can get into something like that.

Thanks for posting...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AJMD429 wrote:Loved seeing that. Hopefully someday I'll get a better schedule (working 75-80 hours/week now) and can get into something like that.

Thanks for posting...!
I'm with ya Doc! Congrats Roy!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

This is only my second year and I'm here to tell ya... EASILY the most fun I've ever had in the shooting sports! The banquet last night was great fun and I won a side match award...."Pocket Pistol Accuracy"...won with a vintage S&W model #1 in 38S&W.... I have a chance of getting into the shoot offs if I do fairly well today. Wish me luck!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

I AIN'T gittin' in no shootin' match with YOU! Nice work! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

So...How did I do you might ask...Well, I had a very good weekend....I won 1st place in the Pistol Accuracy side match and came in third in my category in the main match. And I got selected to shoot in the grand finale "Shoot Off"...Something I'd never done. To get into the Shoot Offs you needed to score quite high in the rankings. Names are put into a hat and three person teams are selected. One person shoots rifle, one revolvers and one shotgun. I was asked to shoot revolvers and we went at it! This is a side by side, man on man match. Shoot your guns, run back and tag the next member of your team, he (she) shoots the next firearm and then tags the last person. The final shot is on a target that will fall first if your team is the fastest. Amazing how fast three people can shoot 10 rifle rounds, ten pistol rounds and four shotgun rounds! My team won the first two matches but were bested on the third match.....This was easily the most intense shooting I ever did. Your team is depending on you. The pressure was intense. The next regional, three day meet is in Pemi New Hampshire....Can't Wait!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That is awesome! Looks like a TON of FUN!!! :mrgreen: 8) :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

rbertalotto wrote:So...How did I do you might ask...Well, I had a very good weekend....I won 1st place in the Pistol Accuracy side match and came in third in my category in the main match. And I got selected to shoot in the grand finale "Shoot Off"...Something I'd never done. To get into the Shoot Offs you needed to score quite high in the rankings. Names are put into a hat and three person teams are selected. One person shoots rifle, one revolvers and one shotgun. I was asked to shoot revolvers and we went at it! This is a side by side, man on man match. Shoot your guns, run back and tag the next member of your team, he (she) shoots the next firearm and then tags the last person. The final shot is on a target that will fall first if your team is the fastest. Amazing how fast three people can shoot 10 rifle rounds, ten pistol rounds and four shotgun rounds! My team won the first two matches but were bested on the third match.....This was easily the most intense shooting I ever did. Your team is depending on you. The pressure was intense. The next regional, three day meet is in Pemi New Hampshire....Can't Wait!
Once at a match in Raton, NM, we had 6 person teams for all states represented at a "National Shootout"... the top shooter from each of the several categories (had to include at least one woman & one Jr. shooter, to represent "your state" in the State v. State Shootoff. Talk about pressure, figurin' out who was using the rifle, pistol & shotgun, was near to strategizing for WWIII! Certainly, to listen to the other folks from your State it mighta been MORE important! IIRC, there were more than 10 targets out there per shooter, so reloading was a skill that was prized. After all that, the final came down to .022 seconds between 1st and 2nd.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!