Aberdeen, WA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Aberdeen, WA

Post by Griff »

Delivered a load of shelving to a soon to be opened Tractor Supply store here this afternoon. Across the river were these two beauties:

I'm a sucker for sailing ships... I was told that they were both in "Pirates of the Caribbean" and spend little of their time here, their "home port." Apparently they're for the 4th of July celebrations.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Aberdeen, WA

Post by Grizz »

Thanks for the tip. I'm a sucker for sailing ships too. Might drive over and take a look.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I love the tall ships too Griff. if you ever find youself near Erie Pa be sure to go down to the bayfront. they have an excellent museum about and including the Brig Niagara. it is a reconstruction of the Ship that Perry defeated the British on in the Battle of Lake Erie. they sail it all over the Great Lakes. http://www.flagshipniagara.org/us-brig- ... ara-about/
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Not sure about the top picture, but the bottom one looks like the Lady Washington. One of the movies she was in was Star Trek: Generations. HTH

On second thought, the top one just might be what used to be called the Hawaiian(sp?) Chieftan, she used to run out of Sausalito, Ca some 20 years ago. Looks like she's had a repaint since then. She and the Lady Washington used to give charter rides back then, might still do.
Last edited by 1894cfan on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I know very little about sailing ships, but older designs like those two always look cool to me!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

1894cfan wrote:Not sure about the top picture, but the bottom one looks like the Lady Washington. One of the movies she was in was Star Trek: Generations. HTH

On second thought, the top one just might be what used to be called the Hawaiian(sp?) Chieftan, she used to run out of Sausalito, Ca some 20 years ago. Looks like she's had a repaint since then. She and the Lady Washington used to give charter rides back then, might still do.
Yep, that's what the girl at the store said their names were. And they still do charters. Their main source of income and they do operate out of another port, only returning to Aberdeen for special events. She told me they offer a dinner cruise on the 4th to watch the fireworks for about $80/person.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Griff wrote:
1894cfan wrote:Not sure about the top picture, but the bottom one looks like the Lady Washington. One of the movies she was in was Star Trek: Generations. HTH

Yep, that's what the girl at the store said their names were. And they still do charters. Their main source of income and they do operate out of another port, only returning to Aberdeen for special events. She told me they offer a dinner cruise on the 4th to watch the fireworks for about $80/person.
Did the 4th dinner cruise on SF Bay once, it was worth it!
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

That's pretty cool Griff.

I remember twenty years or so ago someone sailed Sir Francis Drake's Golden Hind (replica) into Astoria, it was open for show and tell, that was pretty cool crawling around that rascal too. You just don't see ships like that any more.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8)
44carbine
Levergunner

Post by 44carbine »

We`ll be driving thru Aberdeen tomorrow. Be worthwhile to take a look. Very cool ships.