happy birthday USMC 241 today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

happy birthday USMC 241 today

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

did we forget there birthday????

Last edited by JOHNNY WACKO on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: happy birthday USMC 241 today

Post by Griff »

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

my 92 year old x FFL guy PA plate reads ww2 vet 000 0001 oldest living ww2 vet in the state of PA. said he waited years for some coronal to go to get that #1. was VA president in DC in the 80s for a few years...
and we just made a gun deal today on the phone on a boumount he had a 12 pack that you could build 8 guns from, from in 1970.and a styer 95 st pull the same deal.I pinned the stock on 2 and he gave me 1 of them for helping him build 6 from the 12. he has 60 years of parts in his house in every room under every table chair couch.he told me the same stories about his time in ww2 loading usmc plane wings with ammo for his plane and changing melted barrels from guys just holding the button down till they were empty. he still cuts his own grass and weed wacks too.
I just listen like it's the first time he told me the story.and enjoy every time i hear them. I worried to much about him and he got mad and said if i wanted to be told what to do i would get married again. His wife was in the marines also and they met over seas in ww2 and she dies 12 years back.thats why he has guns in every corner of every room.

They just found a plane he watch go down a few years back and brought the crew back home to be put to rest.
we were going to a gun show last week but something came up and he canceled on me. my hole family loves him like are grand dad that we never had 1 to love. more then his own family dose i think.his youngest kid is 66 and he has like 15 great great grand kids spread all over the usa. and lives alone.
JOHNNY WACKO
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My uncle lives in PA, is a WW2 vet, and is 93 years old. US Army, 29th Infantry Division, 116th Infantry Brigade. D-Day/Omaha Beach through the fall of Germany.

Thanks to all of them!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

congras to him.he must not have a vet plate on his car. or be registered at the VA.I will get a picture of that plate next week when i see old PAT Cody. I have 1 here on a disc somewhere,But that old marine isn't going to give it up to the army. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or he has had a birthday or 2 since i last heard his age.
I know there arn't many left to tell there stories.And i bet he has a lot of then to tell.Most just came home and went on with life as best they could.
Hell you can't hardly find old military guns from ww2,I remember the day for $12 you got a kreg or enfield and a box of ammo from a 55 gallon drum at the hardware or feed store the week before hunting season and traded it off after for something else you needed after the season ended. it mite have to do with when you sighed up too. who knows.
That old guy never has been drunk 1 time in his life, his mom would not stand for it and she lived to over 100.Fell off a ladder at like 101 washing the wall and broke her neck and died soon after.You can not tell a old person of that generation not to do something if they want to. :? Im 61 and don't want to do anything i don't have to.My mom fell and broke her hip at 86 taking out the trash at midnight and wasn't found till daylight by a police man going by on patrol. or she would still be with us i bet.she could not wait till my sister got there at 9 to take her shopping for groceries. tell him i said thanks for his service.and my freedom too.
get me his address and i will send him a few hat pins with us army and vet theme,i have a big box of them i gave away a few years back at a parade on veteran day.and have sent many to guys on line also.
JOHNNY WACKO
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I don't think he has a vet plate. For decades he had a vanity plate with "ARMY" on it. I think he still has it! :D
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

pm me his address and i'll send him a army+ vet hat pin free for his service.
give him a nice surprise i have a bunch of them i have sent to old vets before in the past
JOHNNY WACKO