A New .327 Federal Levergun Announced

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

A New .327 Federal Levergun Announced

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep - Henry Repeating Arms has stepped up to the plate, with four .327 Federal leverguns:

http://lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?cali ... ral+Magnum

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... um-rifles/

piller
Posting leader...

Re: A New .327 Federal Levergun Announced

Post by piller »

Already trying to talk PillHer into relaxing her grip on the money. She loves my .22 lr Henry, and this would be a great companion to her Tiger SP101 in .327 Federal. Arkwright has nothing on PillHer when it comes to pinching pennies. (reference to Open All Hours)
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I like the look of the Steel Carbine, I could even find a legitimate use for it... 8)

Piller, you have "open all hours" ?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

Too bad it is on the crappy BigBoy chassis and not on the 22RF chassis. The Big Boy is a very clunky design and no where near as smooth as the RF rifles.

Maybe now that Marlin is back up and running supposedly better, we might see the 94 in a 327 Federal. Like the discontinued 32H&R Magnum.
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I'm not too fond of the Henry rifles, but I would be interested if I didn't already have a .32-20 capable of HV loads. Will the Henrys shoot/cycle .32 H&R and the other shorter parent rounds? That would be a big plus.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

rbertalotto wrote:Too bad it is on the crappy BigBoy chassis and not on the 22RF chassis. The Big Boy is a very clunky design and no where near as smooth as the RF rifles.
I agree that the brass frame Big Boy is too heavy, and an eyesore worthy of boat anchor duty but personally I find the steel frame (and lighter weight) Big Boy especially in 16.5" Trapper length with big loop lever almost appealing. :D

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
william iorg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by william iorg »

Ji in Hawaii wrote:
rbertalotto wrote:Too bad it is on the crappy BigBoy chassis and not on the 22RF chassis. The Big Boy is a very clunky design and no where near as smooth as the RF rifles.
I agree that the brass frame Big Boy is too heavy, and an eyesore worthy of boat anchor duty but personally I find the steel frame (and lighter weight) Big Boy especially in 16.5" Trapper length with big loop lever almost appealing. :D

Don't like the big loop lever. I put my name on the list for a 20" with the standard lever.
Slim
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

william iorg wrote:
Ji in Hawaii wrote:

Don't like the big loop lever. I put my name on the list for a 20" with the standard lever.

Shamey, shame - it's a piece of cake to swap the big loop lever out for a standard lever. :D

I don't like big loops, either - so I swapped another board member (Thanks, Shawn ! ) my big loop for his standard loop, on our Rossi Model 92's.

william iorg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by william iorg »

I'll be just as happy with the 20" barrel. I am not concerned about the barrel length. I have a 20" Marlin and a 24" TC in .32 H&R Magnum. The .32's are good for called varmints and raccoons in the pecan trees.
Slim
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Why have they gone n' spoilt it with some bellie in the fore end :roll:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!