December Levergun Pistol Caliber Postal Match

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

December Levergun Pistol Caliber Postal Match

Post by Griff »

This thread is for posting of your pictured targets ONLY! If you want to brag on or cut someone's submission... do it in another topic... (Maybe here: Competition Shoot. You can submit either a picture or a scanned image. Feel free to include a description or photo of your equipment in your submission post. See rule #7... if we don't know who you are, you can't win... December 1 -31.

BASIC Rules: - let's keep it simple -

1. Repeating Lever-action rifle, center-fire pistol caliber ONLY (.32 to .45 cal).
2. Shot in the free standing position. (unsupported)
3. Iron sights or tang sights ONLY - no fancy stuff - scopes etc
4. B6 target.
5. 10 Shots only
6. 50 yards (ish)
7. Image of target and with name and date written on target, posted for consideration.
8. A maximum of 4 targets submitted for each Calendar month.
9. Your highest score counts.
10. Winner posted at the beginning of the next Calendar month.
11. Open to all members of the forum as of December 1st, 2016

Approved target:

http://www.silvercitygunclub.com/PDF/b6.pdf

Scoring: Count 10,9,8 and 7 if you hit the paper. A hit on the line counts to the next highest value. Where there is a tie the most Xs hit in the 10 ring will be the tie- breaker!

Donations for prizes will be cheerfully accepted. Be prepared to pay for the postage if you donate a prize. Recognize that we have members from Europe, Africa, South America, Australia, New Zealand, besides the US... PM either myself or KiwiKev with your donation... and we'll PM you back after the close of match. I will drop this after this month, as no one has volunteered.

Edited to correct link. (The original place killed the link, hopefully, this one will stick around awhile).
Last edited by Griff on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Re: December Levergun Pistol Caliber Postal Match

Post by Merle »

Griff wrote:This thread is for posting of your pictured targets ONLY! If you want to brag on or cut someone's submission... do it in another topic... (Maybe here: Competition Shoot. You can submit either a picture or a scanned image. Feel free to include a description or photo of your equipment in your submission post. See rule #7... if we don't know who you are, you can't win... December 1 -31.

BASIC Rules: - let's keep it simple -

1. Repeating Lever-action rifle, center-fire pistol caliber ONLY (.32 to .45 cal).
2. Shot in the free standing position. (unsupported)
3. Iron sights or tang sights ONLY - no fancy stuff - scopes etc
4. B6 target.
5. 10 Shots only
6. 50 yards (ish)
7. Image of target and with name and date written on target, posted for consideration.
8. A maximum of 4 targets submitted for each Calendar month.
9. Your highest score counts.
10. Winner posted at the beginning of the next Calendar month.
11. Open to all members of the forum as of December 1st, 2016

Approved target:

http://www.flat5.net/b-6rc.pdf

Scoring: Count 10,9,8 and 7 if you hit the paper. A hit on the line counts to the next highest value. Where there is a tie the most Xs hit in the 10 ring will be the tie- breaker!

Donations for prizes will be cheerfully accepted. Be prepared to pay for the postage if you donate a prize. Recognize that we have members from Europe, Africa, South America, Australia, New Zealand, besides the US... PM either myself or KiwiKev with your donation... and we'll PM you back after the close of match. I will drop this after this month, as no one has volunteered.

Thanks for your efforts. :D
Merle from PA
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

Managed to get out morning here is my first offering for the month.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Aye, 79 score for KiwiKev. Had to leave at midnite last nite... never got in any shooting... and yes, freezing temps do make for some interesting shooting!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Teeheehee, practicing a little helps! 1st two shots were in the 10 ring... and except for the single X, it went downhill from there!!! :mrgreen:

And it shows that if you "think" you should be correcting... DON'T! You'll probably over-correct and throw one wide!!! :evil:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Out with grandkids the other day -- seemed like an OK day here in town but by the time we got out to the shootin' spot the weather had deteriorated towards the bitter. Here was our shooting:
DecKadyn7280.jpg
DecCathy7282.jpg
At this point maybe I should have wondered if the rifle was as perfectly sighted in as I had assumed it was. And here is my target:
DecEarl7281.jpg
So now that we have detected we need a leetle sight adjustment I raised the peep up a bit and seemed about right when my crew rebelled at the 30 degrees/30 knot breeze stuff. We decided we'd had all the fun we could stand, so did not get our targets reshot. This 51 will have to stand for my December effort -- it doesn't look like I am getting back out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

Confirm your 90 Griff, well done.
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

Hi Earlmck, I calculate your family best as 68. (That is Cathy's) According to the rules a paper hit equals a 7. What do you think Griff? Your last group, though low, was very good.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Oh yeah, Yeppers! I'd be right proud of a group like that Earl! Good shooting all around!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Okay, this one is done. In a few minutes I'll send off the new post to AmBraCol to post up for January 2017! I'll be out praciticin' tomorrow if it don't rain!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Good shootin' there Griff. And a nice job running things, though if half those fellers that voted to keep the competition to just the pistol caliber leverguns would show us their targets you'd be a lot busier.

I also have been practicing though you wouldn't know it from my score this month. I've been getting 40 shots in with the pellet guns about every other day. I know from previous experience that makes a significant difference in my off-hand shooting.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry