Help, I am lost !!!!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Help, I am lost !!!!!!!

Post by TWHBC »

Can anyone here explain this from the Shooting With Hobie site, posted Tuesday January 31? I am hoping I am not stepping into something?
http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com

"Good Bye
If you are mildly curious as to where I've gone or why I haven't been posting, here's the answer. Of course, pre-planned/pre-composed as this post is I can't say whether disease or accident or murder took my life. I don't think that's important. I did feel that it was important that I let my "friends" know that I valued them despite the rather impersonal venue and I realize that some folks will want to know what happened even though this blog is/was intended as a journal to inform my grandchildren about this grandfather, his personal passions and his family. If you're really interested you can google "Barent Kurt Parslow, obit" and find out. Yes, I wrote my own obituary, well, all except the cause of death. I hope it was used. If not:
Barent Kurt Parslow of Staunton, Virginia died __ ________ _____ of ________ . Barent was born 23 March 1955 in Syracuse, New York the son of the late Donald Fancher and Eleanor Thayer (Flint) Parslow. He was last and best the husband of Linda Ruth (Davis) Parslow. He is survived by his children, Deanna Lynn Escobar of Alexandria, David Kim Parslow of Cantonment, FL, and Margaret Kim Swisher and her husband Ben of Lexington as well as his grandchildren Kirk and Madeline Swisher. He is also survived by his sister, Margaret Elizabeth Morris and her children Elizabeth Lakes of Alexandria and Blake Morris of Harrisburg, PA. He was predeceased by his brother, Benjamin Charles Parslow.

A career soldier, after 27-1/2 years service Barent retired in Jan 2001. He served many of those years with the Virginia National Guard in the Staunton and Lexington armories as well as nearly 5 years in the Republic of Korea. Much of the 9 years following retirement was spent in caring for his mother who was afflicted with Alzheimer's. He worked at The Spoils of War for 13 years after retirement and most recently at Nuckols Gun Works and he volunteered with the 116th Infantry Regiment Foundation, Inc. He enjoyed the outdoors, reading, history and was an avid amateur genealogist.

Barent was cremated, at his request, so that his ashes might be scattered with his wife's at their favorite places.

I set this up so that after 8 weeks of continuous lack of maintenance of the blog it would automatically post this goodbye. I wish every one of you a long, prosperous and moral life. I hope that I will see you on the other side. You should know that I am/was thankful for every friend and every kind act no matter how insignificant you might have thought it was.

Oh, this is the music I hoped would be played at my funeral/memorial service. I hope that you'll take a couple of minutes to listen... "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Help, I am lost !!!!!!!

Post by jeepnik »

Hmm. I see it was set up to post automatically after eight weeks with no updates.

Oh, as to his music, Ashokans Farewell is interestingly the one of the pieces I've planned for my service. A bit more lively rendition from a wonderful young woman violinist.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That does not sound good!!!!!!!!
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hmm, looks bad for sure. Question is, as everyone's- what happened?
Godspeed!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Blaine on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

TWHBC wrote:Can anyone here explain this from the Shooting With Hobie site, posted Tuesday January 31? I am hoping I am not stepping into something?
http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com

"Good Bye
If you are mildly curious as to where I've gone or why I haven't been posting, here's the answer. Of course, pre-planned/pre-composed as this post is I can't say whether disease or accident or murder took my life. I don't think that's important. I did feel that it was important that I let my "friends" know that I valued them despite the rather impersonal venue and I realize that some folks will want to know what happened even though this blog is/was intended as a journal to inform my grandchildren about this grandfather, his personal passions and his family. If you're really interested you can google "Barent Kurt Parslow, obit" and find out. Yes, I wrote my own obituary, well, all except the cause of death. I hope it was used. If not:
Barent Kurt Parslow of Staunton, Virginia died __ ________ _____ of ________ . Barent was born 23 March 1955 in Syracuse, New York the son of the late Donald Fancher and Eleanor Thayer (Flint) Parslow. He was last and best the husband of Linda Ruth (Davis) Parslow. He is survived by his children, Deanna Lynn Escobar of Alexandria, David Kim Parslow of Cantonment, FL, and Margaret Kim Swisher and her husband Ben of Lexington as well as his grandchildren Kirk and Madeline Swisher. He is also survived by his sister, Margaret Elizabeth Morris and her children Elizabeth Lakes of Alexandria and Blake Morris of Harrisburg, PA. He was predeceased by his brother, Benjamin Charles Parslow.

A career soldier, after 27-1/2 years service Barent retired in Jan 2001. He served many of those years with the Virginia National Guard in the Staunton and Lexington armories as well as nearly 5 years in the Republic of Korea. Much of the 9 years following retirement was spent in caring for his mother who was afflicted with Alzheimer's. He worked at The Spoils of War for 13 years after retirement and most recently at Nuckols Gun Works and he volunteered with the 116th Infantry Regiment Foundation, Inc. He enjoyed the outdoors, reading, history and was an avid amateur genealogist.

Barent was cremated, at his request, so that his ashes might be scattered with his wife's at their favorite places.

I set this up so that after 8 weeks of continuous lack of maintenance of the blog it would automatically post this goodbye. I wish every one of you a long, prosperous and moral life. I hope that I will see you on the other side. You should know that I am/was thankful for every friend and every kind act no matter how insignificant you might have thought it was.

Oh, this is the music I hoped would be played at my funeral/memorial service. I hope that you'll take a couple of minutes to listen... "
Oh, yes....Reading is fundamental... :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well, I did the Google search for the obit and found nothing.

Blaine, do ypu know something we don't? Why the laughing smilies?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

J Miller wrote:Well, I did the Google search for the obit and found nothing.

Blaine, do ypu know something we don't? Why the laughing smilies?

Joe
Blaine is playing Captain Obvious by pointing out the Obvious. :D However there still remains a lot of questions. What, where and when come to mind. I tried the google thing too and all I got was some genealogy info.

Curious.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

He's written it in advance of his demise. He's in perfect health. "Read"!

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TWHBC »

Well what was posted on the website is now gone ?
Pvt. Oblivious out ?
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

He's alive and well on Facebook. Or at least someone that bears a virtual resemblance to him, at least to the extent of having access to his account. And there's a post on the Frontier Sixshooter Community Forum with today's date and time stamp of 19:06 this evening. He's alive and well. I don't know anything about the post you posted...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:evil: :evil: Merde, the Russians have hacked Hobie.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

Vanity run amok.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

AmBraCol wrote:He's alive and well on Facebook. Or at least someone that bears a virtual resemblance to him, at least to the extent of having access to his account. And there's a post on the Frontier Sixshooter Community Forum with today's date and time stamp of 19:06 this evening. He's alive and well. I don't know anything about the post you posted...
This. I got a PM by Hobie on Linkedin on 1/26.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Old Ironsights wrote: I got a PM by Hobie on Linkedin on 1/26.
Which is before the post in question.

(though he did post elsewhere online like 3 days ago. ;) )
Slow is just slow.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

So I'm still curious why he abandoned Leverguns, and why we still allow him to be a non functioning, non-posting moderator.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

J Miller wrote:So I'm still curious why he abandoned Leverguns, and why we still allow him to be a non functioning, non-posting moderator.

Joe
C'mon Joe....show a little class and appreciation. :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

BlaineG wrote:
J Miller wrote:So I'm still curious why he abandoned Leverguns, and why we still allow him to be a non functioning, non-posting moderator.

Joe
C'mon Joe....show a little class and appreciation. :roll:
Why am I not allowed to express my curiosity at this? For all intents and purposes he's left the forum. He doesn't contribute any more and hasn't posted in a long time yet he still holds rank and privileges?
I've been with this forum since literally the beginning, I've never left. I have, still do, and will continue to contribute as much as I'm able.

I'm simply looking for an explanation that makes sense to me, rather than one where he's just in the good old boys club.

Joe
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:P If you are genuinely concerned, try a PM instead of trying to lay a public guilt trip on the Man. Everyone else was relieved to learn he was in good health. But, you gotta be you, I guess. :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Guilt trip???????????? Not bloody likely. Just asking questions. Since you seem to be his biggest defender perhaps I'll PM you. :mrgreen:

Joe
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

J Miller wrote:Guilt trip???????????? Not bloody likely. Just asking questions. Since you seem to be his biggest defender perhaps I'll PM you. :mrgreen:

Joe
Be still my heart, I can hardly wait. :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Joe

Because, like Paco and JimT he's been around from the beginning. Any of them are available for yours truly to call on if deemed necessary and they are capable of fulfilling the task for which I'd call them for. He held this place together for years, for small thanks and in the midst of all kinds of unnecessary flack. It's amazing he held on as long as he did to the thankless job of chief moderator and administrator of the site. His past contributions are appreciated by the founders of this site, even if it is not appreciated by some of the denizens thereof.

Call it a "good ol' boys club" if you like. But that's the way it is. Most folks seem to appreciate the place and recognize the hassle we put up with to keep it going. Some don't. Either way is fine.

Shucks, it's not like his salary is going to break the bank.

'nuf said.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

AmBraCol wrote:

Joe

Because, like Paco and JimT he's been around from the beginning. Any of them are available for yours truly to call on if deemed necessary and they are capable of fulfilling the task for which I'd call them for. He held this place together for years, for small thanks and in the midst of all kinds of unnecessary flack. It's amazing he held on as long as he did to the thankless job of chief moderator and administrator of the site. His past contributions are appreciated by the founders of this site, even if it is not appreciated by some of the denizens thereof.

Call it a "good ol' boys club" if you like. But that's the way it is. Most folks seem to appreciate the place and recognize the hassle we put up with to keep it going. Some don't. Either way is fine.

'nuf said.
Thanks
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

harry wrote:
AmBraCol wrote:

Joe

'nuf said.
Thanks
Perfectly said.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

AMEN BROTHER PAUL, AMEN!!!!!!!!!

I usually enjoy Joe's post and knowledge on Winchesters.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Finally an answer. Thanks. Although I'm not sure I like being refereed to as a "denizens thereof".
I thought I was actually a member. :lol:

Joe