45-70 chamber reamer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

45-70 chamber reamer

Post by Borregos »

Help!! Does anybody out there have a 45-70 chamber reamer I can borrow?
Will pay all shipping costs etc. obviously :D
These things are way too costly to buy for a 2 minute job :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 45-70 chamber reamer

Post by GunnyMack »

Try reamerrentals.com
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

GunnyMack wrote:Try reamerrentals.com
OK, will look there.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Borregos wrote:
GunnyMack wrote:Try reamerrentals.com
OK, will look there.
They only ship within the US :(
Pete
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh, sorry about that, didn't realize you were in Canada.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

Go over to Greybeard Outdoors. In one of the forums, I think Handirifles? they have some reamers that they share. I borrowed a 45-70 throating reamer, free of charge a while back.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Borregos: have you determined if a reamer from the US can be sent into Canada?

I would check into that. I have been told that and notice posted on some shooting and gunsmithing supply sites that as a result of the 911 attack and the resulting war on terror the buying, selling, shipping, renting, etc., of some firearms parts and supplies was prohibited/curtailed.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Ray Newman wrote:Borregos: have you determined if a reamer from the US can be sent into Canada?

I would check into that. I have been told that and notice posted on some shooting and gunsmithing supply sites that as a result of the 911 attack and the resulting war on terror the buying, selling, shipping, renting, etc., of some firearms parts and supplies was prohibited/curtailed.
It depends how it is described on the customs form really. A lot of the sites err on the cautious side of things and won't send stuff that in reality they can.
Pete
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Borregos wrote:
Ray Newman wrote:Borregos: have you determined if a reamer from the US can be sent into Canada?

It depends how it is described on the customs form really. A lot of the sites err on the cautious side of things and won't send stuff that in reality they can.
I've sent a few things to Canada, you just have to list them as "machine tools" which they are. I'd send you one but I don't have that reamer.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Out of curiosity, are you chambering a new barrel?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Malamute wrote:Out of curiosity, are you chambering a new barrel?

No, repairing/modifying a Contender barrel.
Pete
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So by modifying an existing barrel are you needing a roughing AND finish reamer or do you think just a finish will do what you need?
What about head space gauges?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!