A new way to fight a war ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

A new way to fight a war ...

Post by J Miller »

>Each country involved in the war will be allowed to construct one and only one WW II style full sized Battle Ship.
>It will be armed with guns only, no missiles, rockets or torpedoes.
>Radar only, no satellite tracking, no GPS, nothing that did not exist or was not in service at the end of WW II.
>No aircraft of any kind.
>If a warring country does not have a Navy they can hire a champion to fight for them, but they must foot the entire expense in gold, in advance.
>The battle will be fought in the open ocean.
>The country who owns the last ship floating is the winner.
>All losers must reimburse the winner in gold.

The Drs gave me some really good meds yesterday :lol: and this is what I come up with ... :twisted:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A new way to fight a war ...

Post by FWiedner »

My idea:

The leader of each country wanting to war will stand as his nation's champion.

Each champion will be stripped naked and buried to the waist within arms reach of the opposing champion.

Each champion will be issued a sharpened deer antler (from the deer specie of their choice), and upon a previously agreed signal, will battle to the death of one of the champions in the match using only the issued deer antlers.

The losing nation will be enslaved at the mercy of the victor nation.

No meds to speak of...

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

FWiedner wrote:My idea:

The leader of each country wanting to war will stand as his nation's champion.

Each champion will be stripped naked and buried to the waist within arms reach of the opposing champion.

Each champion will be issued a sharpened deer antler (from the deer specie of their choice), and upon a previously agreed signal, will battle to the death of one of the champions in the match using only the issued deer antlers.

The losing nation will be enslaved at the mercy of the victor nation.

No meds to speak of...

:idea:
Wow....maybe you need some! :lol:
Actually I like it except when buried to the waist, it should be head first.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I say tie their scrotums together, hang them from a tree growing over a cliff, if they fight to the death, they both die when one falls, or they can work out their differences, work together and survive...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

The battleship idea reminded me of the shoot outs we have here at my range once in awhile. We've been using Birchwood Casey's You sunk my battleship targets. use our favorite pistols or whatever we happen to be carrying that day and shoot the dots to sink each others ship. Great offhand work for 7 to 10 yards on dot's that are smaller than a dime. OH I think someone is already on meds, fun ones.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:o 'Shrooms must be growing wild everywhere. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Dodgeball...
Click Click Boom
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Second idea makes more sense, since some countries are land locked.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

shut the F*** up with you're playground stupidity
Really? What a dick....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Montana Outfitters wrote:You guys have never seen combat,you never have killed anybody,you never have seen people you served with ripped up ,blown apart and not been able to find all the parts of a friend killed in combat so shut the XXXX up with you're playground stupidity.........This is not the place for that kind of foolishness............................

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.
Say what you want, but this forum is no place for the obscenities. I suggest you go back and edit your post before it gets deleted.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I see the merit in making politicians pay the price in wars. Many of our founding fathers paid a high price, but they made sure it was worth the cost. It is an idea which would cut down on a lot of wars.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The Challenge, a 1970 move about two sides sending one man each to an island to fight it out. West wins when James Whitmore kills the east man. can't remember who played that roll. But, disgusted with the entire thing, and suffering from a rapidly worsening infection, Whitmore doesn't call in the code telling both sides he was the survivor.

I'd like to see the leader duke it out, except we'd have lost the recent war in about 1.5 seconds after Obama took over.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Leonard Nimoy did a song of that in his album "Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUptZksKfxU

I never knew it came from a book.

Joe
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Montana Outfitters wrote:You guys have never seen combat,you never have killed anybody,you never have seen people you served with ripped up ,blown apart and not been able to find all the parts . . .
I have my own opinions about this as well, but I try to be careful not to make assumptions about the experiences and background of others.

On the question at hand, there have been those who have proposed chess as the way to resolve disputes between nations.

But the threat of war has always been the threat that my army will destroy your army and threaten your civilian population with violence. I remember in the 90s and just after there was a big push toward the idea that future warfare would be conducted with robotic or remotely-operated aircraft, ships, and vehicles, and people would no longer die. The problem with that idea is that if your robot army destroys my robot army, then my human population will take up arms and fight your robot army, not just give up 'cause our toys got broken. If my human armies then destroy your robot armies, you are going to raise human armies to fight, and it will always return to the question of violent action against humans as the deciding factor.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If Hillary is the president, please let her wear a shirt....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

AJMD429 wrote:
If Hillary is the president, please let her wear a shirt....!
If Hillary participates they can just stuff her in the ground up to her waist....upside down! But wearing her pantsuit bottoms!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/