POLITICS - how more government is good for you

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

POLITICS - how more government is good for you

Post by AJMD429 »

OK, I promise to post some kind of levergun stuff within the week, but we've all been geared up politically to see which politicians are going to try to take our leverguns away, so lots of political OT posts. Sorry for the ostrich folks, but we've already beat that dead horse - at least most of us label the OT posts 'OT' so's to give you a clue to skip them.

I thought surely this site was a 'spoof' site - but either they are really good, or actually SERIOUS.

This is really spooky to read; people somewhere 'out there' (big cities?) must actually BELIEVE this stuff!

http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=1
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I think it is serious. Many of our fellow "citizens" are sheep - want to be sheep - vote to be sheep - and would "fight" to remain sheep.

It's always amusing to ask a liberal why, if their way of life is so good, they have to force me into it - against my will? Usually causes a mental meltdown for them!
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

This article really cracked me up:

The Case FOR Bureaucracy
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I think it is serious. Many of our fellow "citizens" are sheep - want to be sheep - vote to be sheep - and would "fight" to remain sheep.
I think that about sums it all up right there.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Oh man! I just about put my fist through my computer screen when I started to read that hogwash. Here's a few choice examples:

"But the fact that you can even own your own house is something made possible by government." ( :shock: ... only if you buy the government's definition of 'owning' something. I own this coffee cup I'm drinking out of and I'm not completely sure why I should thank the government for it and I could jolly well own my house in the same way. In fact, I could own it even better if I didn't have to pay over 50% of my income in taxes to said government.)

Here's another jewel .... "Government also helps you own your house in more than the legal sense. On a more practical level, the federal government actually gives you money every year to help pay for your house. It’s called a mortgage interest tax deduction and it is one of the larger benefit programs run by the federal government – amounting to over $60 billion dollars a year. You can also deduct any real estate taxes you pay." (Let me try to get my mind around this bit of 'reasoning'. So the government makes me pay taxes at the threat of taking my house away, and when I pay those taxes they say I don't have to pay quite as much as they could make me pay and, therefore, they are 'helping' me own my house!!!!! Well excuse me while I restrain myself here.)

The article is highly selective, touching on the things you are most likely to find helpful (like water quality, or the prevention of Somalia-type anarchy) but does not mention stuff like thousands of bureacrats sucking up your hard-earned cash to carry out next to useless programs that you could provide for yourself at 1/10th the cost. Take water and septic, which they portray as free services. How much do you pay per month for your water and septic. I pay squat .... because I have my own. Now it did cost me about $12,000 to put in an extra large capacity one, but I've long since broken even compared to what nearby town folk have to pay for their sewer and water, and mine's good to go for another 50 years at least, if I pump out the tank every second or third year.
Last edited by KirkD on Fri May 02, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

You know, I never really considered that the reason that I don't have a greater occurance of dog poop on my shoes is due more to careful regulation by the government than to the fact that I watch where I walk...

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yes, oh thank God for our bloated, money sucking beaurocracy!

This many be a joke - it's so rediculous. Certainly made me laugh - what idiotic tripe.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

If you think that article is a joke, read the one on why taxes are good!

Such BS!!!
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail