OT (slightly) NRA qualifications

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Stopper
Levergunner

OT (slightly) NRA qualifications

Post by Stopper »

Has anyone on here got qualified on the NRA scales? I'm talking about:

http://www.nrahq.org/education/training ... /index.asp

(particularly high power rifle and handgun).

If so, I'd be curious to see what you thought about it...

- Stopper
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Many eons ago I reached "Marksman" I think in .22 target rifles. Somewhere I still have the medals and certificate. Never pursued any formal ratings after that.
Probably should though.

Joe
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

The club I belong to has held Light Rifle (smallbore), Sporting Rifle (high power), and Smallbore Rifle Silhouette programs for the last couple of years. We have had good (for us) turn outs for all three. I think the thing that has attracted the shooters is the fact that it is organized without the "boogeyman" of competition. I believe you can do the program on your own. We have chosen to use it as a middle ground between plinking and regular NRA competition. Probably more than you wanted to know. ;-)
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I earned an "Expert" rating (indoor smallbore rifle) when I was 16 and in the Boy Scouts. I found all my pins, but that one. I wish I knew where it was.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

NRA Ratings

Post by rjohns94 »

I shot on the Navy Rifle and Pistol team in the mid to late 80's. I shot at Perry several times. I was also Officer in Charge of the East coast team for two years. I burned 30,000 rounds of ammo in high power rifle and pistol each year for several years. I reached Distinguished Expert in both high power rifle and pistol during that time. It is a great program with some great people involved in the program. Had Carlos Hathcock as Honary speaker to our east coast matches two years at Damneck, Va. This was just before he got really ill. Fond memories and great times. I burned out on all the shooting those years for a few years but I cherish the skills and rewards.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Stopper -

Great post! :D I had made a note to myself a couple months ago (then promptly lost it) to look this up for myself and my son!!! 8)