Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairman of the.......bored

Post by Old Savage »

Yowzer, weather in the valley today. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looking forward to that warm weather. :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

You want a response? Get rid of the junk in the signature line.-----00000000006 :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:18 am You want a response? Get rid of the junk in the signature line.-----00000000006 :D
I learned at the feet of the master.... :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Six, tell us about that scratched up 92 half mag in .38 WCF..... :mrgreen:

OS we had sleet and hail here :(
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey OS be happy you aren't in Denver, upwards of 3 feet of snow this weekend, you would need snow shoes ( with spikes) and orange golf balls! :lol:

Yeah uncle jack tell us the story about that scratched up 38/40.

And now- coffee.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Hey Six,
That is one sweet looking 92 you got there!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well now Many 0 6, let's look at this from a reasonable perspective. When I got back into shooting about 88 one of the first things I bought was a B92 in .357. Alas, I let it get away. They have about tripled in price but never have seen another. I rarely order guns. So I started loading 45 ACP, then 44 Special and 45 Colt. Did find another nice B92 in 44. I did get a Winchester in 45 Colt, went to my son. I have had three Rossis 45, 45 and .357 they have been fine.

What I have NEVER seen is a Winchester 92, EVER. So now unless my good buddy Sixer is going to send me one I likely won't get one. Course he would have to set me up in 44-40 or 38-40 too ;-). Thanks for all that help with the 32-20. Wait a minute, do you have one in 32-20. Did they even make them in that.

I do like the combo in my sig line ...

BTW if you have some grips that will fit this Cobra, I'll trade you for the ones that are on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So the other day I hear a hissing from what I thought was the refrigerator, figured it was just the compressor. This morning I pop the front off to vacuum and brush off all the dog hair. Guess what! Not the fridge i was hearing, it was the water line to the kitchen sink! I go out to the garage and open the crawl space and find 4 inches of water! No water in the basement though!? Now to wait until I hear from insurance company, no water in the kitchen until Tuesday when we are going to start running new PEX supply lines.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

You mentioning dog hair made me think of something. Our Rat Terrier and our Chihuahua are starting to shed. 2 small dogs can produce enough fur to knit a whole other dog. I would bet that you will soon be seeing enough loose fur to stuff a couple of king size mattresses. Maybe we could do that and donate a dog hair filled mattress to the current Vice President. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Waaaayyyy to much to talk about.........my brain can only handle one tiny item at a time.........

The '92....You WILL NOT find SCR's with any special order features.....rarely sometimes a shotgun butt or a half mag but you don't find engraving along with a half mag.........the giant funnel in the sky dropped that over here one day along with an 1894 Marlin in 44-40 Smoothbore which could be a Buffalo Bill gun........yea, ain't easy sometimes...have to walk like 8 yards to pick up all the metal and wood that's deposited on the foam rubber outside the door. You should see some of the first gen Colts that were dropped there.......I walked out the door when the buzzer went off to go pick them up and NOTHING....I look up and there's Jay (Old Win.) running down the driveway with a burlap sack over his shoulder. (He did leave me one gun, a Rossi that I have since used for concrete reinforcement)

OLD SAVAGE...please, only class...lose the R-':)@:. :D

Gunny is going to be busy.......not everyday is paradise.......just yesterday someone threw trash on our yard.....a bag and when I looked in it, there was a Big Gulp Pineapple soda, chicken bones sucked clean, and an empty pack of Salem menthol cigarettes.

Fred.....'92's are as common around here as bikini's and soft stuff is in your area....you just have to know where to look.......I don't have many but the ones I do have are el primo's....one, a pre 1898 44-40 takedown is one of my favorite shooters and a 65, (pistol grip, half Mag which is the 1892 action) one of the very last serial numbers to leave the factory after ww2 in 32-20 looks like it just came off the assembly line...a true 99 per center. ...and then there's the 32-20 made in 1893 with a low serial number that shoots 1 and 1/2" groups.....Fred....remember that western TV show, "Have Gun, Will Travel"?....I just need you to say, "Have Suitcase of Cash, Will Travel.

Fun...fun....fun....everyday......fun fun fun.....---006

I got rocks to move so I gots to fire up the mighty Kubota
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

piller wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:24 pm You mentioning dog hair made me think of something. Our Rat Terrier and our Chihuahua are starting to shed. 2 small dogs can produce enough fur to knit a whole other dog. I would bet that you will soon be seeing enough loose fur to stuff a couple of king size mattresses. Maybe we could do that and donate a dog hair filled mattress to the current Vice President. :lol:
Only if we fill that king size with fleas!

Labradors only shed twice a year, in the spring for 6 months and in the fall for 6 months! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

And fire ants, murder hornets, bed bugs oh and everyone's favorite- stink bugs!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yorkies and Shih Tzu's don't shed.....they have people hair.......but the cats shed.......we buy those roller sticky things by the gross.

Friend of the family stopped in my in laws yesterday with a wolf they were showing off....supposed to be a pure bred...I thought they were illegal to have....dunno......but I suppose they would keep the cat population down to a minimum....

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

'round here you can have wolf cross but not pure .
I saw a show once about the wolf/dog genetic distinction. Mankind has bred dogs to have problem solving skills, a wolf can watch how to find food after being hidden but it can not figure out how to get it but a dog does it easily. Granted not all dogs aren't gifted, I've known a few dumb ones !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now just hold on.......!
The rules say, a 38wcf......in a carbine.......with a short magazine.......well that obviously is supposed to be in Maine. Thus is the unofficial 38-40 and short magazine capital of the world.
Somehow, Jack's carbine lost it's way. Just send her on up buddy. I have a good home for it right here.
AND! You can rest easy knowing it's right where it belongs. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:11 pm Now just hold on.......!
The rules say, a 38wcf......in a carbine.......with a short magazine.......well that obviously is supposed to be in Maine. Thus is the unofficial 38-40 and short magazine capital of the world.
Somehow, Jack's carbine lost it's way. Just send her on up buddy. I have a good home for it right here.
AND! You can rest easy knowing it's right where it belongs. :D
Oh yea!!!!! The burlap bag full of single actions wasn't enough?

On a serious note, guns get around.....people are always wheeling and dealing, moving around , traveling so you would think those half mag carbines would be dispersed amongst the collecting crowd....you know I get around in the gun world...(well, I used to)...and I can only count ONE half mag carbine and it was an 1894 Eastern carbine without the saddle ring. I was amazed when I saw it and so was everyone else as I got outbid very quickly going IIRC 7 or 8. I was younger then, in my early forties and was so excited I didn't even bother to look to see if it was possibly "Bubba'ed" from a full length mag.

Up there in Maine there's very little to worry about with "back yard gunsmithing" like it is here.......people here still have room in their yards for a shed to do gunsmithing.....-----6 o de sis Lakeisha.

Hey, let's have some fun this weekend ....oh wait, your working...sorry pal......

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....no go on the grips.....just looked and I thought I had a pair of rubber pachmayers but they are for a New Service. I never was big on the small frame Colts & Smiths......don't think I've ever had more than a dozen of either combined over the years.

Should not be too difficult to find as you really need to get that junky plastic stuff outta here....it's as bad as that signature line with the "R" in it.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well! If you don't have the smaller frame grips.......?
How bout a set of factory N-frame round butt combats?

Yeah, it is weird how many of those carbines came here. I do think the secret got out in recent years. Prices have gone up a lot and they have gotten scarcer.
Oh, they bubba'd em here too. They are just usually easy to spot. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Just checked my grip box for a thorough look-see.....Geeze, I've got n frame ivories, n-frame targets, smooth and checkered, single action Colt grips in black rubber, wood and ivory..... black eagle Rugers, mess of K frame, regular and the highly desireable diamonds, n & k magna style, hard rubber Colt double actions from the 1920's. $4,000 takes the whole lot.------- :D ----6

Naaa....none for sale ..if I sell a pair a like new gun of some sort will come up with the wrong grips and I'll have to pay $500 off the Internet......

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...you take the weekend off? Stop on over for a cold one. Fire up a doobie too!

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Y'all going to be the doobie brothers? :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Junky plastic,.that is Colt wood , look closer!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:54 pm Junky plastic,.that is Colt wood , look closer!
You have my apologies Senior Fred.......Colt at one time had grips that were called "Coltwood" but were nothing more than fancy plastic...and in your semi dark photo that's what they looked like........now I see the nickel silver medallions.

Onward ever we'll remember Colt and the wood.---6........I don't read these things, I've owned more than a few pair.

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/lets- ... ips.86043/

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Fred..go look at that link and it's about the fifth or sixth one down....a guy like me who says putting plastic on a Colt is like putting hubcaps on a Z06 Corvette.....ha! Ask him what he thinks about Rossi's. :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Of course, and I have no idea of the many variations in manufacturing and always appreciate your opinion/expertise

Now on to another focus,

I don't care about old guns. Mainly I care about guns that can use the cartridges I am interested in ... modern for the most part.

You guys can have all the old guns.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny and I have the same experience with LAB HAIR. Mmine tend to shed twice a year also, the six months before July first and the six months after July first. Hey Jack to help you keep a couple of those fine guns away from a certain Buffalo coat wearing maniac... you can store them here. I will keep them deeeeeep under cover for ya and bring them back RIGHT AWAY when you call and ask for them. On a side note anybody know how to change a phone number. :shock:
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Probably won't be acquiring any more guns though, I can be interested if my friends are interested.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Tom....NO! What's a phone? We just pull the plug on the landline anymore.

Fred...I've about slowed to a halt on buying guns......can't think of anything I want....the list has been filled for quite some time. Never had a full auto but could have had many at a much reduced cost.NIB M-16's for 15....lot of loot to tie up and shooting them is heavily restricted with our club banning their use....what fun is it if you can only shoot them on private property upstate? All the hassle with the stamps and all...raising red flags.....just as much fun with a semi........besides, I can shoot my buds and it does get old real fast......have waaaay more fun with the semi auto BAR than full auto anything.

I'm going to bed...sometime tonight.----6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Miss Apple spied the fox standing by the tree and then the fox got close and Miss Apple took off behind the couch.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Out the door this morning, Parker starts barking! Bear outta bed already? Then I heard tiny feet in the leaves, flip on the flashlight and scan the other side of the fence- a bunny! Haven't had ol Peter cottontail around here in years! Last bunny I saw here was hanging out of my JRTs mouth! Guess the local fox population took a hit with the deep snow?

Hey Six I need a set of ivory for an H&R 999 sportsman :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a pita not having water in the kitchen! Got appointment with Servpro tomorrow afternoon, I'm gonna let them do the cleanup of the crawl space, probably have to email pics to insurance company ( due to chinkflu) . New plan is to pull the stove out of the island, cut floor out, cut bottom of sink base out& floor and try to pull new lines through.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

WOW Gunny
You get to have all the fun, I am just smelting a couple buckets of wheel weights and installing some steering components on my perfectly clean 66 mustang racecar.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

45 ACP, 44 Spl., 22 LR, probably 95% of my pistol shooting right there..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

End of season today. Claro hunted and did another stellar job. I missed 2 day of the season, once to go shoot ZZs and yesterday due to the water leak. That being said by my count( I neglected to write notes a few days) I bagged 56 birds. Now to get ready for trout fishin!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Why worry about old women fishing. Let those old trouts fish.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

piller wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:14 pm Why worry about old women fishing. Let those old trouts fish.
I agree! Dang, I don't even know what fishing is about.....I do know about trout though.....I was told I have a "trouser trout".

FRED...ABOUT TIME you posted some decent stuff! That 1960's K-22 is a NICE ONE! What's the 1911? I see it's not a Colt...Auto Ordnance? I agree on the "95 %" of shooting being with a .22 and so on......we shooters always return to our roots...."once a man, twice a baby".

Master Gunny......you can't fix that yourself good enough to get water in the kitchen?......well, I guess that's why you pay insurance.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

As I write this, millions of people are advancing their clocks one hour......these digital thingy's confuse me.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm doing the work BUT I cant/ won't/dont want to to the crawl space by myself, too much up& down through a tiny opening. Tuesday I'm going to try and get the new water lines run, the guys I work with are helping. Plumber will do the hook ups

If I remember, my K22 is a 1953. Had a lot of holster wear so I reblued it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The early to mid late fifties guns by S&W were the best quality steel with the finest "lines" of a revolver ever made. They were great through the sixties and took a nose dive when the English company Bangor Punta bought em out. Whenever I bought a Smith for investment the early seventies was the cut off line.....pretty close to when Smith stopped using the "S" serial number on their n frames.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

WooHoo! Finished the work on the Rose today! Repaired fuel tank installed - check; New fuel lines installed - check; New step brackets installed - check; replaced 2 of the batteries, cleaned all wire connections - check; repaired mounts for grill in fiberglass hood - check; remounted jumper posts & connected - check; replaced flex-pipe that'd rusted thru with new stainless flex pipe & turbo connector - check! Doesn't seem like it was a lot of work, but waiting on parts, good weather for the outdoor work... oh wait, all the work was outside! Going to get the oil changed and lubed tomorrow, then get the safety inspection updated... then park it in the driveway and empty out all the accumulated detritus of life that 20+ years deposits inside! Then it'll be back to work...AFTER I do some load development for my cowboy matches this year!

After I take the Rossi 45 Colt Short Rifle out to the range and find out if it'll still shoot to point of aim with my current load. The same trip I'll test out the Marlin Short Rifle in C45S to see if the 160 will stabilize out of the 17" barrel with a full load of APP 3F! I won't be using either rifle in any matches... but I wanted to mention the Rossi 'cause ^ hates 'em so... They make me smile with the money I've save over buying some old worn-out Winchester... And they old staid company never built a 1892 in 45 Colt!!! And the Marlin, just because I built it myself, modifying it to use the 45ACP length Colt cartridge our own Adirnondak Jack developed!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

🌈

Rossi's should not be blued......
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Snow squalin all the way into work tonight. Supposed to be below zero with the wind chill in the morning.
That's right! It's springtime in Maine! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay...you off for da week?.....party on!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not yet. Outta here at 6:30. Rip it for home and take a couple hour power nap.
Then let the week begin!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No snow here but clear,cold and blowing the past few days. No idea how cold it is , batteries in my weather station crapped out over night. Can't figure out why the solar cell on the unit doesn't keep the batteries for solar lights charged...

6:10, Jay must be standing by the time clock watching the minutes tick by!

Sounds like Griff has had his hands full! Sadly my work truck is sitting while new ujoints are being located, one of 2 skid plates rotted through- discontinued so I gotta get my fabrication guy to make up a new one. Lot to be said for living in a dry climate!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Hey OldWin,
-8 with the wind chill this morning! It's 10 degree's! After a few nice day's of snow melt. The fields are 80% clear!
Mud or snow, but it's beat's blackflies!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

50ºF here this morning. Supposed to reach 75 today. Before ya know it, we'll all be complaining about having to mow the yard again!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

JOG wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:52 am Hey OldWin,
-8 with the wind chill this morning! It's 10 degree's! After a few nice day's of snow melt. The fields are 80% clear!
Mud or snow, but it's beat's blackflies!
So it's warm there? :D
It was 0 here. And that 20mph wind made it real nice. It was -5 in Jackman.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Grass cutting starts in 3 weeks.....never later than the 15th.............

Cold and windy.....

Got another full trailer load of lumber yesterday that the fence company puts out .......dang, this country is wasteful .....1x4's, 1x6's, 2x4's, 4x4's,......that's all I have to do is pull some nails, take out screws, cut off the ends.

"Hey man! , where'd you get the lumber?"..........I tell them, "can you keep a secret?"........them, "yes"......me, "so can I".

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Knocked off early today- tile guy is soooo freaking slow he is holding us up!
Anyhow I get home and the phone rings, local number but no name. Ah good another number to block.
Hello
Hi, hello, this is Dave from Medicare ( this guys accent is so thick i can smell curry)
This is a scam, a guy with your accent doesn't work at Medicare and there isn't a Medicare office in my town- BLOCKED!!!

Still blowing here but its about 40.

I dont start cutting grass til early May, sometimes June, Too much shade.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!