Politics - Letter to my state rep about FLDS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Politics - Letter to my state rep about FLDS

Post by FWiedner »

Mr. Paxton;

I have seen in the news that the Texas Supreme Court has ordered that the children seized from the FLDS farm in ElDorado must be returned to their parents.

The plain fact is that Child Protective Services removed over 400 children from their homes and parents under threat and force of arms, to be subjected to brainwashing and unsupervised psychological abuse by officers of the State of Texas, for no other reason than simple BIGOTRY.

Apparently, there was not sufficient evidence to support any of the claims of sexual abuse reported in the media, to a degree that such an oulandish seizure was warranted.

The judge in the case, District Judge Barbara Walther, who authorized this abomination of justice should be removed from the bench, and I would ask you to initiate proceedings to do so.

Similarly, I would ask you to begin the necessary proceedings with respect to each officer and official who had even a remote dealing in this travesty of justice, to include impeaching the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the state Attorney General, and each and every staffer working under their supervision who worked to approve this action.

I would ask you to initiate legislation to dissolve the Child Protective Services agency, and to remove every single one of those monsters from the employ of the State of Texas, forever.

Further, I would like to ask you to initiate an investigation to collect evidence which will lead to the prosecution of each and every individual and office mentioned above.

The perpetrators of this crime are hiding behind the law and have damaged these families under the color of the law.

This episode is a stain on Texas and must never be repeated.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Fred Wiedner
Allen, TX
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Well written!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Seems to me they're pretty quick to jump on a Christian group. Why don't they take some kids away from some Muslims that are practicing female circumcision?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Hell, why don't they just wander into any inner city school and round up the pregnant teens?
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It will be interesting to see if you get a response!
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Politics - Letter to my state rep about FLDS

Post by 505stevec »

FWiedner wrote:Mr. Paxton;

I have seen in the news that the Texas Supreme Court has ordered that the children seized from the FLDS farm in ElDorado must be returned to their parents.

The plain fact is that Child Protective Services removed over 400 children from their homes and parents under threat and force of arms, to be subjected to brainwashing and unsupervised psychological abuse by officers of the State of Texas, for no other reason than simple BIGOTRY.

Apparently, there was not sufficient evidence to support any of the claims of sexual abuse reported in the media, to a degree that such an oulandish seizure was warranted

The judge in the case, District Judge Barbara Walther, who authorized this abomination of justice should be removed from the bench, and I would ask you to initiate proceedings to do so.

Similarly, I would ask you to begin the necessary proceedings with respect to each officer and official who had even a remote dealing in this travesty of justice, to include impeaching the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the state Attorney General, and each and every staffer working under their supervision who worked to approve this action.

I would ask you to initiate legislation to dissolve the Child Protective Services agency, and to remove every single one of those monsters from the employ of the State of Texas, forever.

Further, I would like to ask you to initiate an investigation to collect evidence which will lead to the prosecution of each and every individual and office mentioned above.

The perpetrators of this crime are hiding behind the law and have damaged these families under the color of the law.

Fred Wiedner
Allen, TX
With all due respect you sound "fanatical". Such fanatical thought is what drives AlQueada and friends. They broke no laws and there was no injustice. In any state in the Union if a child is beleived to be in danger the State has a duty to act. Whether the children are ultimately re-united with the parents. I am not sure I would have taken 400 children but I do not see the "travesty" you do. Many investigations are disproven after thurough investigation. That is part of the exercise.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Steve, I believe the problem is the other way around though. Who decides that they are in danger...the state or the parents?
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I can certainly relate to outrage at government interference into our daily lives - my state on the Left Coast is a great example of that. But I'm reminded of Jim Jones and a few other leaders who in fact were the brainwashers of a mass of people and the tragic results.

The prosecutors are still looking into charges of child abuse; remember, this is about forced marriages and reportedly children made pregnant by forced marriage prior to a reasonable age of consent - possible mass rape.

Clearly, all sides know that Texas (or any other state) just was not prepared to handle the huge amount of children, all at once, in a mass custody situation.

I'm going to see what rolls out from the still ongoing investigation before I cry foul against the vast lot of Texas authorities who stepped in; I'm hesitant to believe that they are all evil monsters, when the issue of child safety is involved.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Old Time Hunter wrote:Steve, I believe the problem is the other way around though. Who decides that they are in danger...the state or the parents?

Of course the parents. Until they are the alleged threat to the child. Most of my Sexual Abuse of Children cases involve relatives up to and including good ole dad.

Invasive? Yes! I hate it but give me answers to abusive parents not just ranting about travisties of justice whenever children are taken. I hate calling Social Services on parents. Mostly because of the fear in the back of my head "this could be me". But there has to be a safe guerd for children. When the family are the abusers who watches over the children if not the State? Our Nation has always watched out for the Individual. Well that goes for each individual child as well. I have heard of many many abuses back in the good ole days that were never reported. What is the answer? My take on this scenario is not about religion. It is about many women exposing their children to a man or men of qustionable charecter.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Posted this in the other thread by mistake.

Fred, the staffer who reads that letter should get a real good chuckle. :lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

WE don't know........ I can't trust either side not to tell the story as to make themselves look good....you can bet the PR guys are working both sides of this hot and heavy for CYA......Let's let it play out.... If they were forcing little girls into early marriages so dudes could get some, I wish nothing but maximam DOOM on those people and the ones that let it happen.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If there is really abuse going on in there, hasn't this situation fouled up any investigation to the point that nothing can be done. I still think that CPS was wrong, and it seems that the Court System thought so, too. Now if someone will gather evidence and have all their ducks in a row before going in we may get Justice against the perpetrators. I don't want to prevent anyone from doing a job properly, but we need to hold some jobs to very high standards of conduct. Mine should be, and is held to high standards for one.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Politics - Letter to my state rep about FLDS

Post by JohnnyReb »

505stevec wrote:
FWiedner wrote:Mr. Paxton;

Apparently, there was not sufficient evidence to support any of the claims of sexual abuse reported in the media, to a degree that such an oulandish seizure was warranted

Fred Wiedner
Allen, TX
With all due respect you sound "fanatical". Such fanatical thought is what drives AlQueada and friends. They broke no laws and there was no injustice. In any state in the Union if a child is beleived to be in danger the State has a duty to act. Whether the children are ultimately re-united with the parents. I am not sure I would have taken 400 children but I do not see the "travesty" you do. Many investigations are disproven after thurough investigation. That is part of the exercise.
Broke no Laws? I always thought the constitutional right to be secure in your home from warrantless search and seizure and right of due process before punitive action is taken against you were Laws....

Remember there were not warrants for specific acts against named parents or children with the exception of a Jane Doe warrant based on a phone call.
Punitive action is removing children by force and detaining them for over 60 days without specific allegations of abuse.
So you would be OK with being incarcerated for over 60 days based on a warrant for a "man" who abused a "child" in your "neighborhood"?
One of the fundamental rights we enjoy is the right to face a specific charge by a specific accuser...... In this case.... The State of Texas says: "We will detain you(children) for an undetermined period of time to see if we can find evidence of abuse....of an unspecified nature .... by an unspecified person..... against an unspecified victim"

If the State had tried to detain a prepetrator under those terms, he or she would have been home in 48 hours..... Why do "victims" have fewer rights?

Letter sounds alittle fanatical? Maybe...... but no more fanatical then the conduct of the State of Texas.
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

They broke a bunch of laws & while Freds letter might look fanatical to some trying to justify the states actions it shouldn't to anyone that has a kid.
There should never be tolerable mistakes in this sort of situation.
How do you restore a kids faith in their parrents after they are taken away by the state & interrogated? How can you restore a persons name after something like this is plastered all over the place?

It amazes me that polygamy is such a big deal when we let homosexuals marry & adopt.
Given a choice I'd rather a kid get raised with 3 moms & a dad than a single sex partnership.

Seeing as they were ordered by the court to reunite the families the logical next step should be prosecution of the kidnappers.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

505stevec wrote:With all due respect you sound "fanatical". Such fanatical thought is what drives AlQueada and friends. They broke no laws and there was no injustice.
Fanatical, yes indeed. I believe that rotten government and it's oily little toadies should be held fully accountable for every stinking act of oppression that they put upon innocent People.

Al Queda? Yeah...If I could push a button that would remove these state vermin from the earth, I would push it twice and then hold it down while screaming "Remember the Alamo!", "Remember Waco!". "There are two scoops of raisins in Kellog's Raisin Bran!"

Law and justice rarely meet in the middle, and no law dog ever sees anything wrong with putting their jackboot on a citizen's neck, or with watching another LEO do it. I am willing to bet that you are wrong, and that laws were indeed broken, but since it was the state and law enforcement officials that did it, no one will ever be held accountable for violating these People's rights or for the the state abusing their children. The law will never admit fault, but a tremendous injustice has been perpetrated.
sore shoulder wrote:Fred, the staffer who reads that letter should get a real good chuckle.
Some will think it's funny. I hope it doesn't take you long to catch your breath, and that you don't hurt yourself rolling on the floor.

Someone needs to demand that the state be held accountable for terrorizing and abusing these families, and I'll be darned if I'm going to sit on my hands waiting to see whether or not anyone else does it.

:)
Last edited by FWiedner on Fri May 30, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Rusty wrote:Seems to me they're pretty quick to jump on a Christian group. Why don't they take some kids away from some Muslims that are practicing female circumcision?
Do you actually think they would try to infringe on the religious freedoms of other religions. Why, there would probably be a law suit.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

If they broke no laws, why did the 3rd Court of Appeals call the mass abductions "illegal" - and the TX SC affirm that declaration?
In its ruling on May 23, the 3rd Court of Appeals, in Austin, said the state had failed to establish any immediate danger to the children and called their seizure illegal. The state appealed.

The Supreme Court, in a terse ruling that was barely four pages long, said. "We are not inclined to disturb the Court of Appeals' decision." It added: "On the record before us, removal of the children was not warranted." ...

The Supreme Court ruled that the agency had means short of wholesale removal to protect any child in immediate danger.
Law professors said if authorities wish to retain custody of some children — such as teenage girls believed to be at most risk of sexual abuse — they must make their case child by child.
Which is what most of us have been saying all along. They detained the wrong people for the wrong reasons.

It is NEVER acceptable to round up innocent people wholesale and "process" them. I thought we learned somthing from WWII, both in Germany and in our own abominable treatment of the Japanese.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Leverdude wrote:They broke a bunch of laws & while Freds letter might look fanatical to some trying to justify the states actions it shouldn't to anyone that has a kid.
There should never be tolerable mistakes in this sort of situation.
How do you restore a kids faith in their parrents after they are taken away by the state & interrogated? How can you restore a persons name after something like this is plastered all over the place?

It amazes me that polygamy is such a big deal when we let homosexuals marry & adopt.
Given a choice I'd rather a kid get raised with 3 moms & a dad than a single sex partnership.

Seeing as they were ordered by the court to reunite the families the logical next step should be prosecution of the kidnappers.
AMEN!
Ricky

DWWC
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

FWiedner wrote:
505stevec wrote:With all due respect you sound "fanatical". Such fanatical thought is what drives AlQueada and friends. They broke no laws and there was no injustice.
Fanatical, yes indeed. I believe that rotten government and it's oily little toadies should be held fully accountable for every stinking act of oppression that they put upon innocent People.

Al Queda? Yeah...If I could push a button that would remove these state vermin from the earth, I would push it twice and then hold it down while screaming "Remember the Alamo!", "Remember Waco!". "There are two scoops of raisins in Kellog's Raisin Bran!"

Law and justice rarely meet in the middle, and no law dog ever sees anything wrong with putting their jackboot on a citizen's neck, or with watching another LEO do it. I am willing to bet that you are wrong, and that laws were indeed broken, but since it was the state and law enforcement officials that did it, no one will ever be held accountable for violating these People's rights or for the the state abusing their children. The law will never admit fault, but a tremendous injustice has been perpetrated.
sore shoulder wrote:Fred, the staffer who reads that letter should get a real good chuckle.
Some will think it's funny. I hope it doesn't take you long to catch your breath, and that you don't hurt yourself rolling on the floor.

Someone needs to demand that the state be held accountable for terrorizing and abusing these families, and I'll be darned if I'm going to sit on my hands waiting to see whether or not anyone else does it.

:)
When your next NICS gets denied, you'll know why! :wink:
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

505stevec wrote:
Old Time Hunter wrote:Steve, I believe the problem is the other way around though. Who decides that they are in danger...the state or the parents?

Of course the parents. Until they are the alleged threat to the child. Most of my Sexual Abuse of Children cases involve relatives up to and including good ole dad.

Invasive? Yes! I hate it but give me answers to abusive parents not just ranting about travisties of justice whenever children are taken. I hate calling Social Services on parents. Mostly because of the fear in the back of my head "this could be me". But there has to be a safe guerd for children. When the family are the abusers who watches over the children if not the State? Our Nation has always watched out for the Individual. Well that goes for each individual child as well. I have heard of many many abuses back in the good ole days that were never reported. What is the answer? My take on this scenario is not about religion. It is about many women exposing their children to a man or men of qustionable charecter.
Steve, if and when you call CPS it is because of what you have seen.

I can only applaud you and hold you in the highest esteem for this. :D

These "authorities" SAW NOTHING. They acted off a rumor, anonymously
called in on the telephone no less. They acted poorly and broke the law.

THE ONLY TRUE WAY TO KEEP EVERYONE (including children) SAFE WOULD
BE TO LOCK THEM IN CAGES AND FEED THEM THREE TIMES A DAY AND ONLY
ALLOW THEM TO MINGLE UNDER THE STRICTEST SUPERVISION.

This is not the world I wish to live in. :cry:

With freedom comes chance and danger, also elation, love, and other beautiful
things we have a GOD given right to pursue.

If they had a magic light that flashed on and pointed them to child molesters
I would back such action. They don't. Acting off superstition leads to burning
at the stake, xyklon showers, you name it and humans are capable of it.

No one will likely serve any time either. You don't have to when you play for
the right team. :oops:
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I don't live there, but as a physician I see every day the problems which are made WORSE by CPS and all the other "plantation master serving and protecting the ignorant masses" programs.

Print the addresses of who to send something to, and I'll gladly send the bastards a scathing letter.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

This Cult is no group of Angels.

It is an off shoot of a very radical form of the LDS.

We in Arizona know all about this group of fanitics. We have Warren Jeffs in a trial here in this state for his perverted sex & abuse against children. When the young boys reach a certain age they throw them out of the Cult because they will be a threat to the older Men.

I worked with a young Man who was cast out because he and a young lady wanted to start a relationship. His last name was Jessup, and there are alot of Jessup's in that Cult in Texas.

Do more research before you lambast the Texas authorities.

Have you seen the Movie, "September Dawn" ? This was based on True Western history. The Mormon Church has alot of Skelton's in it closet.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Lefty, yes I seen september dawn. Unfortunatly my wifes stepmothers great great grandfather was john doyle lee, who was the only person exicuted for leading that massicure. Its what got me interested in studying this group when we moved here. Untill then I thought poligamy to be not much more than a myth!
We had to travel to see september dawn. No theater around here would play it!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Lefty Dude wrote:This Cult is no group of Angels.

It is an off shoot of a very radical form of the LDS.

We in Arizona know all about this group of fanitics. We have Warren Jeffs in a trial here in this state for his perverted sex & abuse against children. When the young boys reach a certain age they throw them out of the Cult because they will be a threat to the older Men.

I worked with a young Man who was cast out because he and a young lady wanted to start a relationship. His last name was Jessup, and there are alot of Jessup's in that Cult in Texas.

Do more research before you lambast the Texas authorities.

Have you seen the Movie, "September Dawn" ? This was based on True Western history. The Mormon Church has alot of Skelton's in it closet.
Sigh.

Since when did the Freedom to practice Religion as you see fit get repealed?

Why this hatred toward the FLDS? I'm no fan of the Jehovah's Witnesses and their refusal to allow their kids to get life saving transfusions either... but it's not the Gooberment's place to go after them.

You CAN'T change a Religion by Gooberment action. It only makes them more stalwart and sure of themselves for the persecution. They have to be converted by the Truth and the actions of those who share said Truth.

It is not our place to judge. PERIOD.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Lefty Dude wrote:The Mormon Church has alot of Skelton's in it closet.
LOL!

And pray tell, Sir...

Which flavor of whacky scripture thumpers is it, that does not?

:lol:

Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Why was it people came to this land in the first place????

It's on the tip of my tongue...........

Bah, who cares, they have a weird religion let's just persecute them and
go have lunch.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.